Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

Nice idea and love the art, i didnt know about this concept when i made mine recently(suggested i read your thread by arch111)

Mine is called Gaia , its a plant based frame also, but i was trying for a Crowd control type and im having a tough time developing the concept, got any pointers? 

shes a new concept, I based her off different carnivorous plants. and Egyptian designs

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/533094-warframe-concept-plant-warframe-gaia/#entry5986114

thanks for the input 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I don't know if the orginal is more beautiful or this x) has kinda a Saryn feeling hasn't it ? the new one

i've been thinking of a combined version that might be pretty cool. and i might use the new ones helmet as her prime helmet.

Wondering why this art not in game still. This one is very awesome "all concept also" but this model looks very cool and interesting.

This frame with this complete model should be in game without any changes. Just lend it then let the players play.

i truly wish i could just make it happen!

Nice ! Amazing Job !

thank you!

I hope your concept will be used ingame and

that the female warframe between atlas and wou kong is similar fantastic.

is a frame coming between them? as far as i know they were gonna be completed at about the same time. it's just china gets wukong before we do.

Nice idea and love the art, i didnt know about this concept when i made mine recently(suggested i read your thread by arch111)

Mine is called Gaia , its a plant based frame also, but i was trying for a Crowd control type and im having a tough time developing the concept, got any pointers? 

shes a new concept, I based her off different carnivorous plants. and Egyptian designs

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/533094-warframe-concept-plant-warframe-gaia/#entry5986114

thanks for the input 

checked it out! it looks good!

on a side note, i had posted a link to flora on reddit and received more feedback about flora. The original intent was to get more opinions on the new look, but i got a lot more than that! (which isnt a bad thing.) so i've got some ideas for you all to consider.

1: a lot of people were saying the powers were too complex and too powerful. one even said that this would be unlikely to happen because she is sort of an all in one support. SO in response to that i will be doing some toning on her abilities, and possible changes, hopefully for the better.

a): Flora's 1, Lignify, will only grant weakness to enemies and bonus health to allies. Her 2, Wilt, will probably remain the same. Her 3, Synthesis, will remain the same. her 4, Phytogeneration, will no longer grant damage or deal damage or reduce damage. however it will now constantly regenerate shields.

b): i plan to make some alternate builds for flora. one of which will be a plant summoner type thing.

i hope to get more done in the future. thank you guys for all he feedback and support you've given flora! i appreciate it greatly!

haha well nothing is ever set in stone! flora has had some pretty dramatic changes over the year!

Sure have. Makes you wonder how many iterations they go through at DE. The feeling I got is they set the design pretty early and then don't deviate from it much.

Would absolutely LOVE to see the entire designprocess of a warframe some day, I live for that kind of stuff.

Sure have. Makes you wonder how many iterations they go through at DE. The feeling I got is they set the design pretty early and then don't deviate from it much.

Would absolutely LOVE to see the entire designprocess of a warframe some day, I live for that kind of stuff.

i too would like if they showed their progress throughout the entire development of a frame or tile set.

The 40% damage reduction on her 4 is to much, cause you can get it at 100% with 250% power strength, It should either be reduced or not be affected by power strength.

you bring up a valid point. i intend to do some nerfs anyways. the whole damage reduction value will be removed anyhow. i also am not sure (don't quote me) but i'm not sure if you can achieve 250% i think the most was 240%. but again, im not sure, ive forgotten by now.

hey pigman, wow I love the fact that you're still working on it and I admire your dedication. may see about some new fan art soon I really like the latest picture. also I'm gonna go ahead and brag about how my clan is turning a year old in august and we've finally submitted our emblem which I've been working on for a year lol not that it matters to anyone else. also what do you think about the new frame coming out? I think it looks and sounds awesome.

Just wanna get some opinions on this, so i will open another vote.

How would you feel if flora's theme was changed to Fungal rather than plant?

Vote here

I say this since i have gotten exceedingly high complaints that Saryn is already the plant frame or that oberon is the nature frame. While personally i don't believe either are exactly plants or nature in theme. saryn only has one aesthetic helmet that respresents a plant, overall i believe she is more snake than plant, but she is poison based not plant. I can't lie either, the Orchid Saryn skin has me pretty beat down about the whole plant theme, but that doesnt mean i'm giving up on flora as a warframe. This just means she may need a slight recourse.

I voted "Hell no".

Oberon and Saryn are not plant-themed warframes.

Saryn is very clearly named after Sarin gas (real life chemical weapon). DE can't be any clearer: Saryn is the chemical weapon/toxin warframe, with the themes of a venomous snake also playing a part in her design. Helmets are accessories and alternate equipment, not part of a warframe's core theme or concept--although they can be. In Saryn's case, it is very clear she is not a plant-themed 'frame.

Saryn is also no more plant-themed than The Lotus--who we now know is sentient themed, and have always known had bio-technological abilities. Her aesthetic may be that of a lotus flower, but that has nothing to do with her powers, abilities, background and history. The same is true of Saryn.

Oberon is a little trickier, but only because his origins (the mythological character and king of fairies) deal with ruling over all of nature, not just plants. That includes the weather and animals. So because Oberon is the nature frame, we cannot have weather-themed 'frames or 'frames that are centered on wildlife/animals. Ever.

Overlap between concepts and themes are the way of Warframe. Very rarely does any one 'frame stake a claim on a specific theme, preventing similar themes from being created. This is especially true with a theme as broad as "nature".

Let's run down their list of influences again.

Saryn:

Chemical weapons

Contagions

Viral weapons/viruses

Snakes and venom

Toxin

Oberon:

Mythological king of fairies

Nature--he has deer-like antlers on his head

Nature--the character he is named after could control/influence the weather

Heaven (one of his abilities was once named 'stairway to heaven')

Healer/Holy-man 

Paladin

Balance between life and death, war and peace

Radiation

Flora deals with one aspect of nature, plants, and does not step on Saryn or Oberon's toes or territory.

We should consider all feedback and complaints, but we also have to disregard them if they are baseless. In my opinion, they are baseless.

(BTW, is this happening on reddit? I like a good argument as much as the next person, link me if that's where the complaints are.)

Edited by Rhekemi

@MrPigman

I voted no stay to the flower theme for Flora.

A fungal theme would fit for a male counterpart of hers.

(Loki x Mirage and Flora X Fungus)

Science fact: fungus are not even plants they are simple zoological lifeforms like sponges.

Edited by (PS4)Prisma144

-snip-

To be fair, I would argue Saryn does have a plant theme to her for only a handful of reasons:

-She has one helmet that is definitely designed after a plant.

-She is getting an alternate skin which is very plant-like in design, and is named 'Orchid', suggesting it to be plant themed.

-Her 3rd ability, Molt, while similar reptiles or arthropods molting, gains the aggro of nearby enemies; this attraction may function very similarly to real life plants that attract insects with the scent of dead meat. As well, I would argue that a Saryn rework should turn her into an Aggro Punisher Warframe, in which she would be prioritized higher by enemies, but also do more damage to the enemies distracted with her.

However, despite these reasons, I don't think it's enough of an excuse to disallow Flora, and therefore I support Flora maintaining her plant theme. 

Certainly do not change it! Like has been said already, Saryn is a poison frame, and Oberon may be nature oriented in appearance, but in no way is he even Earthly. He's a paladin that uses "holy" attacks. The appearance of a deer supposedly means there's an angel nearby: http://www.universeofsymbolism.com/deer-symbolism.html

So that explains his holy deer aesthetic.

THEREFORE Flora should remain a plant! Poison Ivy approves.

F70D85F20.jpg

I would say Hell No

I prefer having a plant frame over a fungus frame and Oberon though is like the nature frame but overall I'd call Oberon the Warframe of Judgement or Warframe of the Holy (Smite= maybe something related with the targets sins, Hallowed Ground= sacred ground where the evil shall not stand in, Renewal= people are blessed by renewal, Reckoning= affects those who need to be punished, deals Judgement upon them) (his abilities are also radiation)

Saryn though you may think that but her main theme is poison or the plant's poison, Flora's theme are the plants itself and manipulation over nature instead of the excretion of the plant, i'd call them different and I'm sure DE may have a spot for a Plant frame.

Edited by Hunter126

To be fair, I would argue Saryn does have a plant theme to her for only a handful of reasons:

-She has one helmet that is definitely designed after a plant.

-She is getting an alternate skin which is very plant-like in design, and is named 'Orchid', suggesting it to be plant themed.

-Her 3rd ability, Molt, while similar reptiles or arthropods molting, gains the aggro of nearby enemies; this attraction may function very similarly to real life plants that attract insects with the scent of dead meat. As well, I would argue that a Saryn rework should turn her into an Aggro Punisher Warframe, in which she would be prioritized higher by enemies, but also do more damage to the enemies distracted with her.

However, despite these reasons, I don't think it's enough of an excuse to disallow Flora, and therefore I support Flora maintaining her plant theme. 

Actually, I addressed this. The plant-theme there is aesthetic and cosmetic, and plays no core role in any of her abilities.

Her Molt ability is described as "Saryn sheds her skin like a snake".

I don't disagree that it can be seen as plant-like (Molt), but it is not the intended function, intended theme or design.

For the purposes of this argument (that Flora is treading on plant/nature themes Oberon and Saryn already hold), I will say it's factually inaccurate to call Saryn a plant frame based on any of the points above.

(But you must know by now I highly respect your opinions. I simply disagree on this one!)

Edited by Rhekemi

-snip-

Well, like I said, there's only a few aesthetics built for Saryn which are nonnegotiable in the fact that they are deliberately plant themed, however she is not a dedicated plant 'frame. As such, I kind of agree with you, but clearly Saryn does have some plant designs, especially considering her Orchid skin.

However, as I said, it's not making use of the theme enough to really say that Flora couldn't exist.

Edited by Krion112

I like the original idea, allthough it makes another reason to visit earth however.

Also if we looking at the elemental type warframes, we got.

Ember - Fire.

Hydroid - Water.

Frost - Ice.

Atlas - Earth.

Volt - Lightning.

Zephyr - Air.

So we miss only grass type warframe.