Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Primed Ravage,primed Point Blank And Primed Heavy Trauma- And Don't Add More Like Them.

Innocent_Flower

Ravage- Buff the original primed point blank. Y'know the rifle version offers 120% for only five ranks. 

Primed point blank- Buff the original point blank (or change the mechanics)

Primed Heavy trauma- The original is powerful enough, and this is a very specific mod that's only recommended for less than a third of melee weapons. It suggests that you're going to prime every-fukin five rank mod regardless of how numerous they are or the imbalances they may cause.

Whilst so far the primed warframe mods have managed to be suitable for endgame players and balance; These weapon mods are not. It strikes me that the person making the primed mods is just removed from the rest of the game; Not understanding the cost of these mods, not understanding the power of these mods, and most notably; Seemingly picking mods at random to prime rather than actually thinking about the necessity, consequence and better alternatives. If you want a year of quality then recall and rethink these additions. 

To put it bluntly: remove them. Either replace them with a mod that check's all the boxes (will list below) or refund ducats,credits and cores. 

Intensify

streamline

Stretch (perhaps, you might need to set an upper limit to the range of some abilities) 

Vigor? 

Fury?

Tactical pump (buff original too to give more per-level. Buff original fast hands too) 

Natural talent (at 5)

Rage? (at 5)

3 rank archwing mods (at 5)

Mods marked with a ? are not definitely good ideas, but are at least better, right?

Edited by Innocent_Flower

last dev stream mentioned possible sweeping changes and if that does happen these types of mods will disappear from rotation, but those of us that already have them will retain them.

(assuming, of course, that they don't completely scrap the mod system in favor of something more fleshed out) <-- not against that myself.

so best-case, they stop adding in more.

How would your suggestion improve the game at all?

Welcome to the feedback forums.

Where "DELETE EVERYTHING" is considered constructive criticism.

Luckily Innocent Flower actually provided reasons on why these mods should be removed.

Because yes, Ravage and Point Blank are only meh right now.

But we're supposed to be getting shotgun buffs soon, Innocent Flower.

I think once those happen, Ravage and Point Blank (the originals) will be ok again.And the new ones will probably be somewhat overkill.

At the moment we should be patient.

Cause if they buff the originals now, when shotguns are in such a sorry state, they might be TOO strong when the shotgun buffs come. And then the primed ones will be like the fist of an angry god smiting all in its path.

I'm already expecting the KOHM to be boltor prime 3.0 when the shotty buffs arrive.

I, for one, really like Primed Heavy Impact. It gives me a bit more of a reason to use the Kogake and other similar impact style weapons.

Same here. I like a lot of the impact weapons (Jat Kittag in particular) so I don't mind at all. But even if I thought both were not usable to me, does not mean they have to be removed or anything :/

Wow, people really don't read, do they?

The OP has been asking to remove the primed version WHILE BUFFING THE ORIGINAL MODS. The primed legendary mods are a poor excuse of credit and void sink and an extremely lazy implementation of Void trader. I know DE is working on better stuff for Void trader, which is yet another infuriating case of don't flipping release things that are not ready but it's DE we're talking about, I'm used to it, as sad as it is. 

I really don't care if I don't get a refund of credits I've poured into Primed Point Blank when it's removed and the original buffed. JUST FLIPPING MAKE IT INTO A NORMAL R10 MOD ALREADY. 

It's like DE knew they had to bring Point Blank and other mods to R10, but instead of doing the logical thing they tried to catch 2 birds--satisfying the vets' demand for credit and Void sink with the said buffed mods--with a lousy attempt. 

The weird thing is, I'm OK with Primed Continuity or Primed Flow. They don't have other R10 counterparts (except for Corrupted mods), and I think they deserve "Primed" for the upgrade and the potential for further specialization they bring (this applies to Primed Heavy Impact as well.) But Primed Point Blank feels like a spit to my face and all the shotguns I love. 

So remove the weapon ones but not the warframe ones?

Not sure I'm following your logic here, please explain why one and not the other.

I think mods like Primed Heavy Impact or Primed Reflex Coil could bring more melee builds to the table. I'm not against Primed mods in their entirety. 

My complaint is mostly with Primed Point Blank and Primed Ravage--they clearly have normal counterparts that offer better stats so it always boggled my mind why DE decided to Prime them instead of doing simple stuff like, you know, just bringing their stats up, 

There is no primed Heavy Impact, not even in plans (and Its a garbage barely working mod too)

They did it for cores/creditd sinks - upgrades but very costly ones, so the highlevel players will have something to grind for.

Edited by Monolake

Just realised i'd written heavy impact rather than heavy trauma. Fixed that. 

To the naysayers; This really isn't about "me not liking said mods because I don't want to wait more weeks for more powerful ones", and if you've posted that, you've failed to understand how a lot of people try to provide feedback; Not biased by only their own possition in game. 

I don't like these mods because

- They seem like bandaids to good balancing

- Said bandaids are coated in infectious substances to worsen balancing

- There is no ingame missions that are needing these primed damage mods. We've got more than enough. These are just bloat for an endgame that doesn't exist. 

- These mods are chosen arbitrarily. Anything with five ranks of any rarity seems to do. 

- The randomness of some of these mods (heavy trauma is pretty specific to only a few weapons) shows that DE are going to pump out not just a few legendary mods, but many legendary mods. Meaning that:

- The cycle of primed mods is going to be really f***ing long. It's going to take several months for primed continuity to apear again.

- We're going to need more cores than we can currently obtain over a reasonably long period. More credits than most (especialy outside of PVP clans) can obtain too. 

- They seem like bandaids to good balancing

Sadly, that's DE tradition.

Status mods too weak? Only 15%?

Release dual stat mod for 4 times the status chance, 60% elemental damage, less mod energy, and V polarity.

For rifle, pistol, and melee.

3 times for all base elements.

Event only mods.

Lets do the same for archwing.

What's that? Ember has no utility?

Make fire fright.

Hydroid needs more utility?

Curative undertow.

Loki not OP enough?

Release irradiating disarm.

Frost ice wave not good enough?

Ice wave impedance, fixed.