Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Codex Art Contest 2.0

[DE]Megan

Hey man, love what you did with the Tenno script, to prevent the vowels from overlapping though without using a space use 'h', it keeps the flow of the script and since his diagram says 'o' is 'oh' the 'h' we put in to separate the vowels becomes cosmetic. Almost made the same misstep until I read that he gave vowels no space value so they could sit over the consonants. Keep being ninja!!  

Wr7jOCJ.jpg

The Journey Ahead

[ the badass Red Veil's bounty hunter Mesa ]

Well.. here's my take on the subject. Even though I literally haven't made an art piece for a year, I hope you guys like it ; )

p.s. Thank you "warframe" team for the free game and the cool experience : )

p.s.2. Kudos to whoever designed the Mesa frame. Superb job. Absolutely my favorite. And i want it so bad as an action figure, or a statue someday. : )

pc | weirdichigo / shiro lotus clan

IWKBNCs.jpg

heres my take on The Journey ahead wanna say thx to DE you made a great game, one of my all time favourites PC Alias UpCloseAndPersonal                                

those 2 are my winners ^^ Wish good luck to both of you guys ^^

Wr7jOCJ.jpg

The Journey Ahead

[ the badass Red Veil's bounty hunter Mesa ]

Well.. here's my take on the subject. Even though I literally haven't made an art piece for a year, I hope you guys like it ; )

p.s. Thank you "warframe" team for the free game and the cool experience : )

p.s.2. Kudos to whoever designed the Mesa frame. Superb job. Absolutely my favorite. And i want it so bad as an action figure, or a statue someday. : )

pc | weirdichigo / shiro lotus clan

HOLY....!!! *-*!

Here's my entry for the contest.

I hope it worths the work.

jwzXjF4.jpg

Used Photoshop and SAI.

i've seen a lot of very good arts over here, in fact seems to be a little unfair to choose just top 5! even though your draw doesnt win i want to say everyone that looks this... ¡Great job! We are not just player, we have a very good gifted talent, to draw or to use a design software.

¡Good luck all!

¡Buena suerte a todos!

¡minna san gambatte!

¡Bonne Chance!

So I decieded to give this a try too. :D

7vh3QZs.jpg

I'm in a busy period (exams lol) so I had to do a quick drawing in wich I couldn't really work out all the details so I opted a more cartoony style. However this worked out pretty well. I hope you like it ^^.

My native language is not english so therefore I didn't put in any text on the drawing. If DE would like to have a nice message on it, please do so. I give DE the full rights to do whatever they want with this drawing.

(made entirely in photoshop) 

By the way I've seen some great work here. good work fellow tenno's!

aI4yrqh.jpg

Finally posting my piece of artwork for the contest after hours of hard work! 

For those who won't read the story I made up for it (TL;DR), I'll explain the picture shortly. Oberon died in battle saving the others, Excalibur and Mag made a burial for him and arranged flowers to burn his body, that's why she is holding a flower alike the ones on it. If you observe the picture at its 100% ( http://i.imgur.com/aI4yrqh.jpg ) you will probably notice a lot of details I did on purpose to try to narrate a story without really writing it but, I was asked to do an actual explanation by a friend of mine who didn't understand at first glance.

The words written in blood in the rock are "Those Lost In The Battle Shall Never Be Forgotten" 

Story under spoiler~ enjoy

Mission Report: All targets eliminated. One fatality.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
>Encoded message found. Decode? Y/N 
>Beginning decode... 
>
>Tenno_Log acquired 

We waited till sunset to do the honors, it was his favorite time of the day. Thanks to that we had time to gather the flowers for the fire and move his body far from our enemies'.  
No Tenno will be honored with the enemy.  

His kubrow wouldn't leave his side even after all the damage it had taken and we didn't have the courage to kill it. The poor animal will probably stay even after the fire is long gone. We don't know what to do with it. 

We were surrounded. They outnumbered us and were too strong... 

I begged him to heal us before it was too late. We were running out of energy. We weren't recovering... 

We were not even close to succeeding and I couldn't polarize our shields to keep away all the damage from our suits, I couldn't do anything to help... 

He had some energy left.. And he decided to do a reckoning. Shining spheres caught our enemies in mid air and we watched as they hit the ground. We couldn't believe our eyes for a second. It seemed to be over but it never really is when you are at war... one raised from the grass, covered in blood, and shot.  

With a fast movement I threw one of my Hikou and ended him at last. But just like his body was falling to the ground, my friend's was too.  

We tried to revive him... But he was gone. 

It took us a second to understand he was truly dead, there was no way to bring him back, not this time… We moved his body as soon as we could, checked the place first to make sure the others were all dead.  

While we walked through the battlefield we gathered the pieces of his Orthos and later left them by his side. I found parts of my rifle that I had lost in the heat of the battle... I wonder if it would have been different if I have had it with me on his final moments. Maybe I could have saved him...we'll never know. 

When the burial was finally set we couldn't speak. I guess the silence said it all anyways.  

Before we lighted it I drew the lotus on his helmet. He may rest now with the higher rank and the greatest of honors. 

It is not our custom to burn it all at once so, as we were taught, we chose a leaf to start the fire. Soon it would expand and consume the others, and his body with them

He will be missed but not forgotten. 

I'm afraid to say the journey is not over and we must go on. We can't take too much time to grief. 
We must carry the weight of our loses and move forward.  

All of the artwork is mine, the background is based on a photo, little of it remained, I did as best as I could to paint it and used some Photoshop filters for it as well. Painted on SAI, base sketch was made in paper.
The texture I used can be found in here http://www.alexandra-douglass.com/whatever/stainedpaper_custom1.jpg

Pff, never any love for the bosses, tsk tsk.

I offer you this in hopes of rectifying your... ahem, glaring oversight:

alad_v_mutalist_empire_by_syncrasis-d8fj

This flesh… gives me life. It is… inconsequential that you should strike me down, for now. My hives live on, with a… vital, insatiable hunger. We desire you, Tenno. The Mutalist Empire will not be… dissuaded so easily. Soon… you will… ngh.

Join. Us.

[edited to add background]

Aw. Didn't think I had to explain it but this is -after- the mutalist assassination, basically the mutalist empire wasn't wiped out and we have a ton of infested to look forward to, also Alad V isn't dead because it's my drawing and I do what I want

The journey ahead will be full of infested

Edited by Syncrasis

So many awesome entries here, it's been lovely seeing more and more pop up daily.

But here's me with my slightly last minute entry, hope you guys like it. :) 

B1CPYrZ.jpg?1

"The future may hold many corrupted, but at least we're not alone."

This flesh… gives me life. It is… inconsequential that you should strike me down, for now. My hives live on, with a… vital, insatiable hunger. We desire you, Tenno. The Mutalist Empire will not be… dissuaded so easily. Soon… you will… ngh.

Join. Us.

You never dissappoint! Great work! Edited by arch111

orokin_origin_by_me9a7-d8fmt4l.jpg

To me The Journey Ahead has already begun in the past and the answer to what lies ahead is in the beginning. 
An Orokin Origin.

I think i should explain a little more about my entry:

Basically from what i've read from the codex, whatever had happened between the 
orokin, the tennos and the stalker was unfinished? somehow we went to cryo sleep for centuries
or even more, waking up to a new world, yet the Stalker persisted through all that time somehow
and remembers the past and he does not forgive the Tenno for what they've done. The Journey Ahead 
to me is dealing with the past and the Stalker is key to this event.

The Stalker and the golden skull symbolizes the fall of Orokin Empire. The unmasking of Tenno symbolizes a 
state of vulnerability and conscience to what has happened (if they ever remember the past, on to which i think the Tenno will in the journey ahead)
Perhaps we were the villains of the past? and the Stalker is a fallen hero from the past?
A dynamic that has changed over time which i find the Stalker to be a very interesting character, so much so that i
tried to convey him here with emotion of lost and despair, rather than just portraying him as a straight forward villain. 

I feel that the title Orokin Origin depicts my idea closely because that is where everything began that led to this present future,
and the unveiling of the past will be told by The Stalker, and he will be damn sure to make us remember!  

I hope i manage to portray that here. thanks for reading xD 

Edited by Zounderth

6SdOwhH.jpg

The Journey Ahead

Wars have been going on for years between Tenno, Grineers and Corpus.

What would happen if behind all these battles a new, powerful, empire started to grow? They have been using the Grineers, by corrupting them, as a decoy and protector against the Tenno.

A new empire who have found a way of controlling the Technocyte Virus and capturing Tenno, for research about their powers. All these for war purposes. Being rich and having a higher technology than the Corpus makes them dangerous.

But whatever it may be, dealing with this threat will be a very dangerous and long journey, Tenno.

I hope its awesome enough :)

Nabeel_Altair

Edited by Nabeel_Altair

This flesh… gives me life. It is… inconsequential that you should strike me down, for now. My hives live on, with a… vital, insatiable hunger. We desire you, Tenno. The Mutalist Empire will not be… dissuaded so easily. Soon… you will… ngh.

Join. Us.

this thing doesn't even nothing to do with theme
why this one gets so many votes?