Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If: Slower Weapons Air-Meleed Better Than Fast Ones?

Chroia

I've been meaning to post about this for a couple of weeks.

Maybe now that I've begun I actually will, but for the moment this is just a stub to open a discussion:

Let me start by saying:

DE seems to have done a good job balancing Copter distance vs. air-melee distance on every weapon I've tried since air-melee's introduction.

Now:

Weapon DPS is Weapon Damage*Attacks per round Second.

The tradeoff being faster (not more, just faster stamina drain, and energy drain if channeling.

Does anyone think that this is an actual detriment?

Given that Stamina has no effect on actual attack damage or speed, and that you don't 'waste' energy on whiffed hits, this seems to me to be a (mostly) non-existent downside (aside from the 'No stamina? no run/copter' thing).

Further, stacking speed lets weapons copter better.

Like Multishot, as things stand, +% melee speed is a false choice, being a pure damage multiplier (though on a lesser scale... as is normally the case in melee vs. guns).

On the other hand, a high speed screws up any number of melee combos.

So:

What if "heavier" weapons air melee'ed better? (Not sure about coptering.)

i.e. I have this jet-powered Jat. It weighs a freaking ton and takes me a year to get it moving, but once it starts, watch out! >:P

This opens up choice on several fronts:

Quick-melee vs. combo.

Parkour/mobility abilities/copter vs. air-melee.

More viable combat/mobility weapons?

Good, bad, ugly?

As Renegade343 would say:

Please discuss civilly in this thread.

I have this jet-powered Jat. It weighs a freaking ton

That's enough to keep you grounded. If it is heavy, that is more force needed to swing it somewhere, force that most likely a tenno can't pull off. The Jat is probably the only exception to be able to fly around.

Edited by R34LM

Eh? No. I think heavy melee weapon should be made desirable via their damage and combat orientated utility (being able to send enemies flying) while lighter weapons should be made desirable via their movement orientated utility (coptering and directional melee). I do not think heavy weapons should compete with lighter weapons. 

If all melee's were in somewhat grounded from copter use, things like daggers would have no use and no one would use them, thus bringing every weapon having to be equal damage/speed in order to be of function thus taking away a choice in use of specific weapons for specific functions.

A good idea, but practically a bad one... so I am going to have to disagree with this. 

there already is a difference in air melee between two-handed (not counting staves and polearms) and one-handed weapons. there is a longer wind-up time and more momentum with the heavy weapons. don't tell me all those posting in this thread have not noticed?

this is basically already a thing. Melee's with a long Range and / or have poor SpinDashes Aerial Melee (can we just call this Copter2? it's just Copter2) well.

i don't think you need to take over the night shift spamming random threads about anything you can think of. Renegade can handle that himself pretty well.

Quality over Quantity.

Edited by taiiat