Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Voiceboxes

Atreides.

Well I have been playing this game from November till now and I heard Grineer bosses etc have voices, All except Warframes, Yeah I know ninjas are silent but still. Not in battle has anyone else though the Warframes should get voice boxes? its not something I would expect, but wouldn't you guys like to see this too?

I believe DE has said they won't add voices to the Tenno, because they could never get the voice you expected them to have. It would also make it a Tenno killing tons of Grineer, rather than You killing tons of Grineer as a Tenno.

Not all Tenno are silent.

Many of the syndicate Tennos, and the ones that you rescue on missions speak and everything.

To relate this to other games, your character never actually speaks and it makes sense in any rpg cause the character is YOU. 

Most rpgs are like that, and there is good reasoning for it.

I for one prefer them not to speak because it adds enough character to them that you may have a ton of varied feelings about the character you are controlling

Not all Tenno are silent.

Many of the syndicate Tennos, and the ones that you rescue on missions speak and everything.

To relate this to other games, your character never actually speaks and it makes sense in any rpg cause the character is YOU. 

Most rpgs are like that, and there is good reasoning for it.

I for one prefer them not to speak because it adds enough character to them that you may have a ton of varied feelings about the character you are controlling

Those aren't Tenno as far as we know, though some tenno make vocalizations. Notably Rhino's roars when he charges and roars and Valkyr's yells/screams.

Also, why is this thread in introductions?

Those aren't Tenno as far as we know, though some tenno make vocalizations. Notably Rhino's roars when he charges and roars and Valkyr's yells/screams.

Also, why is this thread in introductions?

Arbiters are tenno...They look like volt :/ Plus doesn't Ash Technically have a mouth?

Arbiters are tenno...They look like volt :/ Plus doesn't Ash Technically have a mouth?

Look like =/= are. I look like my identical twin brother (much more than AoH look like Volt) but he and I aren't the same person.  

As for Ash having a mouth, I'd need to know what helmet you're referring to, though after looking at all of them, none of them really look mouthlike. 

Look like =/= are. I look like my identical twin brother (much more than AoH look like Volt) but he and I aren't the same person.  

As for Ash having a mouth, I'd need to know what helmet you're referring to, though after looking at all of them, none of them really look mouthlike. 

The regular one..Teeth

The Arbiters are Tenno Fanboys, or Tennotakus as I've seen some people call them..

they are NOT Tenno

also no, Ash's main helmet doesn't even remotely seem to have a mouth

edit: Having a mouth doesn't mean they can speak.

just like having ears doesn't always make you able to hear, same with eyes, yada yada yada

Edited by BaIthazar

The Arbiters are Tenno Fanboys, or Tennotakus as I've seen some people call them..

they are NOT Tenno

also no, Ash's main helmet doesn't even remotely seem to have a mouth

edit: Having a mouth doesn't mean they can speak.

just like having ears doesn't always make you able to hear, same with eyes, yada yada yada

Loki, Mirage, Has eyes :P how do you think they get orders from lotus? they know sign language?

I'd rather the Tenno didn't get voices. It makes them unique in a world of gaming where silent protagonists are more and more valued.

I have always presumed that Tenno can communicate through telepathy, hence why the infested bosses can communicate with us.

That'd make sense, hence why in Dark Sectors the Warlord of an alliance would have text speech appear but still be voiceless.

Loki, Mirage, Has eyes :P how do you think they get orders from lotus? they know sign language?

what I said about eyes and ears was an example.. I never said the Tenno couldn't hear or see.

just that the presence of a mouth doesn't always have to include a voice.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always presumed that Tenno can communicate through telepathy, hence why the infested bosses can communicate with us.

Actually it hink so... I think thats how stalker says stuff ina infested language that we can understand... :P I agree that i think their telepaths

But if you think about it there wasn't really a reason or chance for them to speak in first place. Sure they can reply the taunts of the bosses or the messages of Lotus, but do they need to? In most cases it would be an action movie's line and I mean, what can you say to this?

• What do you get when you take the "Warfra" out of "Warframe"? That's right, me!

An awkward silence, that's what you can say. But I like to think that they can speak, but they are smart enough to choose not to. 

Ahem...

Wild plot twist appears!!!

Tenno CAN talk but over the years in their cryo...sleep...thing, their vocal chords decayed/vanished/whatever for some reason.

The reason why they follow every order without complaining is because they developed the Jumping Frenchmen of maine disorder which actually MAKES you do things that others tell you to do.

owo did I win?

Edited by DJ_Vauban