Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's How We Remove Serration And (Attempt To) Balance The Game. Damage 2.5 (Designated Megathread)

Jahadaya

DE do not need to remove damage mods! DE has nerfed and messed with the damage system way too much within the last year. Gamers invested time and plat for some of these mods! The problem, is pesky noobs who have not grind enough to max out these mods are crying to much because they are underpowered themselves.  Leave the damage mods alone, leave the damage system alone. Quit messing with things to appease the noobs. Don't change things, just to change things.

I like how the person defending the increase damage by a massive amount mod (therefore making the game easier, ...more casual, ...more for noobs), does so by calling those who don't like it a noob.

Serration is part of a broken damage scaling system, the reason people call for it's removal is for a grand re-balancing, where weps and frames scale better and where player creativity isn't dampened by 'necessary mods', taking up slots.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

IN MOST CASES

MOST

You vote to remove a mod completely because it benefits most of the weapons in the game... wow.

It benifit all the freaking weapons. Please show me a valid build where Serration is not used.

Edited by Alphafox

IN MOST CASES

MOST

You vote to remove a mod completely because it benefits most of the weapons in the game... wow.

I don't think you're getting it at all. The problem is that the damage mods are practically required since they boost pure damage, which also boosts all elemental damage as well. Currently you're required to use the pure damage mods, else you wont be able to get far at all.

Do you seriously believe that DE would remove something that crucial, the only thing(if you don't count multishot)that directly increase your weapon damage, the only thing that can make you handle content after mercury, the only way to do anything in the game without adding anything to remplace it? Really your argument is not even one.

Here many reason:

There is no freaking way that you can do anything without Serration, Hornet Strike, Point blank or any of those type of mods, NOTHING.

Show me a valid build without any of those mods.

What value does Serration really have? None, it's not even a valid kind of progression.

Do you really think that putting the way that players progress behind freaking RNG is a good way to design things?

There is so many reason, you guys are just blinded by your egoism.

Not a valid kind of progression so you want mr1's to have a full serration on thier weapon once it hits lvl30? Yeah that is much more valid, serration just isnt about your build it also deals with world progression , players who have put time and credits and cores into thier serration to allow them to do t4s survival 60 minutes and now anyone can almost have that without doing a damn thing? No this is stupid the whole game needs rebalanced for serration to be remove it can't be covered up with a lvl progression damage everyone wants

Sorry, but all damage mods, with the exception of ones with negative effects should be removed.

Modding is meant to add different elements to an object. Having to use necessities is not modding. They are requirements or else your weapon(s) will suck horribly against enemies past level five. It's flawed. 

Besides, it's not like they will simply remove them and say that's that. They will need to rework a lot of things to reflect said removal of Mods so the game can be played without them. 

It's really for the better.

Edited by Tymerc

Sorry, but all damage mods, with the exception of ones with negative effects should be removed.

Modding is meant to add different elements to an object. Having to use necessities is not modding. They are requirements or else your weapon(s) will suck horribly against enemies past level five. It's flawed. 

Besides, it's not like they will simply remove them and say that's that. They will need to rework a lot of things to reflect said removal of Mods so the game can be played without them. 

It's really for the better.

I agree.

Too many people jumping to mis-informed, or illogical conclusions and then acting on said conclusions.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

Not a valid kind of progression so you want mr1's to have a full serration on thier weapon once it hits lvl30? Yeah that is much more valid, serration just isnt about your build it also deals with world progression , players who have put time and credits and cores into thier serration to allow them to do t4s survival 60 minutes and now anyone can almost have that without doing a damn thing? No this is stupid the whole game needs rebalanced for serration to be remove it can't be covered up with a lvl progression damage everyone wants

What prevent them to get a maxed Serration now? Nothing, they only need their plat.

Dude don't freaking speak about the players who putted time in the system, i'm one of them. With  2 Serration and 2 Hornet strike I don't think i have anything to learn from you.

No crap the system need to be redone..

iYzlGry.gif

This basically sums up my feeling with all threads "discussing" the matter. Both sides are very passionate. Let's just leave it at that until we actually get to try out the new proposed idea. Nobody knows what is going to happen until it actually happens.

Just as with the skills I'd like to try out the solution and see if I can work with it. There is no way to tell if something will work out until you actually try.

IN MOST CASES

MOST

I said most cases referring to the percent increase the mods give you:

+165% damgae from Serration

+220% damage from Hornet Strike

+90% damage from Point Blank

+120% damage from Pressure Point. 

The weakest of them ONLY adds 90% damage. But it also boosts the damage for elemental mods. There is no reason whatsoever not to use a damage mod on a weapon. I would honestly welcome their removal if DE decided to do that. 

Yeah bring that to a t4 surv or def and show me the result please.

You could also go to war with teddy bears and be victorious while you are at it.

You know what the viral proc does right?

See, this is why people like you shouldn't vote for things you don't know about...

Well, if they do remove it then, they better have something better then that mod, as well its just going to make the game more harder us useal, cuz we can't just keep holding elemental damages hand all the time, what if players don't want that?

But if they don't remove it, then that's great, just tweak it a bit.

Personally, I don;t really want it gone, but if it goes, then oh well, maybe something better will come, but if they remove it and leave it forever, alot of players will leave warframe and holy be hold, warframe WILL DIE.

But its their game, so what ever

This thread has been designated as the megathread for discussion and feedback on Serration removal. 

Threads will be merged to here.

THHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNKKKKKKYYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUU

(sorry for caps)

Also squirmy i hate spam. and their is to many threads about serration. x.x

This is the megathread? But the OP is so...

Check the numbers. I don't think that's the best way to do it. 

Actually, it's a great place specifically because of the original post.

We've gotten the, erm...pleasure of discussing this in a lot of places, and the original post does something that isn't often coming up in the others(or much of the later discussion, for that matter).  It ties it into a comprehensive strategy behind the whole concept.  This is important, because the simple, physical act of removing this mod is only a piece in the puzzle with regards to having the desired(or undesired, whatever your opinion may be) big picture effect.

We should ALL be looking at this as a whole lot more than "free mod slot/legendary core" vs. "I spent alot of time on this and it's the games flavor".  The stakes are a hell of a lot higher than that because, whether it be similar to the OP or completely different, the reality behind the whole thing is that there is nothing to implement at all if it isn't a broad, sweeping program that causes a paradigm shift in what we're doing here.  Certainly worthy of discussion, in my opinion.

You know what the viral proc does right?

See, this is why people like you shouldn't vote for things you don't know about...

Thank you i'm well informed of what Viral does,did work on the wiki since damage 2.0 came out so i don't have a thing to learn from you. You don't know crap about the subject or about what damage it does to the game and i'm sure that you don't care. But alright,float your boat.

The tysis is not the only weapon in the game if you didn't notice.You can run a t4 surv with your tysis without Hornet Strike on it right? Did you forget the crappy damage of the weapon itself? If you are fine with our crappy damage system what can I do about it?

Edited by Alphafox

Thank you i'm well informed of what Viral does,did work on the wiki since damage 2.0 came out so i don't have a thing to learn from you. You don't know crap about the subject or about what damage it does to the game and i'm sure that you don't care. But alright,float your boat.

The tysis is not the only weapon in the game if you didn't notice.You can run a t4 surv with your tysis without Hornet Strike on it right? Did you forget the crappy damage of the weapon itself? If you are fine with our crappy damage system what can I do about it?

Well, I know for a fact you can go find another game if you have a problem with it.

And I know it has crappy damage, hence why Hornet Strike on it is useless. Embracing the different play-style might teach you a thing or two about originality, and you might actually learn. 

Don't know the damage it does to the game? Are you playing another game or something because damage mods are pretty harmless, they buff damage... Which is their purpose.

I wish people would stop daydreaming during their lessons...

I think, if anything, Serration should be replaced by Primed Serration, and Serration drops in the table should be replaced with a new R5 Serration. Same with Hornet Strike.

This way, you don't screw existing players/builds, don't oversaturate the game with legendary cores, makes the common serration drop less broken, don't need to do any major mechanical overhaul/rebalance, and since Primed Serration would be harder to level(125% harder), that damage bonus becomes a major grind/source of slow progression.(which is what R10 mods are there for anyway, and Rare/Legendary R10 mods work quite well at.)

Given that that's how Point Blank/Shotguns work, I think it would fit well with the existing content.(as well as an eventual primed pressure point, primed fury, and primed elemental mods)

As more legendary mods make it into the game, this also opens up the possibility of more sources for legendary mods(Tower 5 rewards, mastery rank rewards, planet clearing rewards, rare boss drops, ect)

Well, I know for a fact you can go find another game if you have a problem with it.

And I know it has crappy damage, hence why Hornet Strike on it is useless. Embracing the different play-style might teach you a thing or two about originality, and you might actually learn. 

Don't know the damage it does to the game? Are you playing another game or something because damage mods are pretty harmless, they buff damage... Which is their purpose.

I wish people would stop daydreaming during their lessons...

I want Warframe to get better, I don't plan to play another game, that's why i show that commitment. I clearly see that you don't grasp the situation and that no more discussion can be made with you. If you want to hide you head in the ground and act like a ostrich to dodge the current issue, I can't do anything to stop you. Serration and Hornet strike is mandatory to kill your enemies 10k hp divided by 2 is still  5000hp you have to remove before you enemy drop dead, no matter how you look at it your viral damage won't do crap alone.

Edited by Alphafox

I'm really hoping they remove hornet strike as well so i can put steady hands on my gammacor.

Thanks for your post, you have hit the nail on the head, all the ballyhoo here is about selfish wants disguised as complaints about what is wrong with the game . . . except yours, can't hide the selfish want here.

Other than that the majority whining here are low MR ranked lazy arses . . . they see the monumental mountain of maxing serration and go whimpering to DE to change the game . . . I hope DE stick by all the guys like me who climbed that mountain, and every other maxed mod mountain, and tell these kiddies to bugger off . . .

I know the main weapon needs: Serration, Heavy Caliber, and Split Chamber, as a norm but asking DE to remove these (with massive compensation for guys like me who have them maxed out), and balance everything else accordingly could stuff the game and cause a riot.

That said, I've been here long enough to accept big changes and what will be, will be, and I'd just get on with whatever we get . . and make the most of it.

Edited by CaptainEras