Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Heated Charge

xylonez

What is everyone's problem with power creep?

It's a natural part of any game going forward, now we just need some new planets/missions that fall in line with it.

It keeps the game alive and gives us all something to work towards, otherwise the game just becomes static and eventually all lose interest because it't not going anywhere.

I just don't get why Prime frames can be made without it at least requiring the regular frame to build it. Same thing with Primed mods, they should have made the regular mod a requirement to update them.

I hope DE pulls back on this and delivers the necessary compensation soon... I don't like where these primed mods are going at all. 

It doesn't help with how grindy it is just to get credits reliably, let alone the oodles of cores even a long time Veteran is going to burn through just to level two of them 1 from max before potentially burning all their years worth of credits. 

As Archistopheles put it... Nothing says fun like leveling up more Serrations! Isn't that what the community has been asking for DE? Isn't it?

Isn't that quality fun?

-snip-

No. Depth of gameplay and solid mechanics are what keep a game alive and played for years to come. Plenty of games have proven that you don't need to just replace all the content with something else to keep it alive. 

If the core components are great enough to stand on their own and keep players coming back for more then there's absolutely no need for power creep.

Warframe's problem here however is that it doesn't have these fantastic core mechanics. It has workable fragments that come together into a messy fusion of half finished features and broken promises said to be rectified soon, while continuing to pump out more and more increasingly grindy content that adds nothing to the actual experience itself. 

Powercreep is a distraction to keep players from noticing they're getting bored with gameplay that loses its novelty unless a new dose of redundant crap is shoveled at them every month, to be incredibly blunt. 

Although prime heated charge is pwr creep I don't feel that it is as bad as the 2 matery rank boltor prime. First there is limited time to get this and not all noob can reach the relays that the void trader is on and even then would not have the ducats. They can't trade for it cause it would likely be over 100 and even if they could find a good deal, noob are not likely to have the million credit for the trade. Still power creep but not as bad as boltor prime

2015, the year of the Power Creep.

Also, "Hi lets add more and more and more primed mods, which take a tonne more cores that rare 10s to max, but not increase the rate at which rare 5s can be obtained."

This.. nearly 700 rare cores only to max out one to rank 10.

With an average of 20 cores gained per 40 minutes if you go farm all day T4 Survival.

All primed mods tradable but the 1 mil trade tax makes it pretty hard to trade them. Tempted to get this one but I still don't have a rank 10 normal damage mod for sidearms so knowing how much it costs and the fact I don't even have enough cores it isn't worth it. That's my issue with some of these void trader stuff. It just seems like they throw out random prime mods to keep the super elite veteran players happy with another super hard to max mod while most people won't even use it. I mean you can say power creep but a handful of people are actually capable of maxing these mods in the first place and every subsequent mod gets more costly as people have fewer resources. 

Also I thought they said the void items were on rotation? Does this mean mara detron is never coming back and we are getting new stuff every 2 weeks cause I thought originally it was only 3 separate rotations and now this is the 4th unique one meaning if you miss an item you have to wait how many months to get it. 

I'm glad it's not Primed (any power mod goes here). If they were to introduce a whole slew of primed power mods, the ability spam you see now would only get worse on top of the "powercreep" everyone goes on about.

Primed Heated Charge is just an upgrade to an existing mod you may or may not use, which is exactly as it should be.

I don't see how you think power mods would be any different then an upgrade of existing mods, or a means to more spamming.

The only real case of increased spamming would be getting primed streamline while using blind rage, which honestly isn't the case in a lot of builds. Besides from range, which I think probably shouldn't get upgraded ever, but probably will, power upgrades sound a whole lot better than gun damage mods.

Heated Charge is a lot more of a staple weapon than a specific power mod anyways. Given that a weapon isn't a crit gun, chances are you have at least 3 elemental mods on it.

That said, I don't even care about things like Heated Charge getting primed, we can already one shot things up til like wave 40 anyways, balance is out the window, and not being fixed too soon anyways, so who cares if we get more creep.

I had never heard the phrase "power creep" until i started playing warframe and the entire concept is laughable because pvp in this game is a joke and it's not even useful content, and for anyone who actually starts fighting things at a reasonable level will see that your whole power creep concept is $&*&*#(%&.

POWER CREEP NEEDS TO BE FIXED BECAUSE I KILL STUFF TOO EASILY ON MY MERCURY MISSIONS

but sir, do you play many void missions?

WTF VOID MISSIONS? OF COURSE I PLAY VOID MISSIONS, I OFTEN JOIN KEYSHARING PARTIES BECAUSE I HATE FREELOADERS

so whats the furthest you have gone in a t4 defence/survival?

40 MINUTES BECAUSE THERE IS LITERALLY NO POINT IN GOING ANY HIGHER BECAUSE ITS JUST GRINDING AND DE ARE FORCING US TO FARM CORES

so basically you understand the further you go the more powerful the enemies get right?

ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO POINT, GUNS ARE TOO POWERFUL AND NEED TO BE NERFED AND THEY ALSO NEED TO MAKE MISSIONS LESS GRINDY

so you fully acknowledge that power creep is non existent in the game if you progress further onto any defence/survival/interception?

THERE IS NO POINT IN GOING FAR INTO THE VOID BECAUSE YOU ARENT REWARDED ENOUGH FOR IT AND ITS BORING NO ONE HAS TIME TO PLAY EXTENDED MISSIONS BUT I SURE AS HELL HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RACK UP THOUSANDS OF POSTS ON THE FORUMS COMPLAINING ABOUT TOPICS WHICH HAVE VERY LITTLE SUBSTANCE IN THE GAME.

Edited by (PS4)torvahn

*snip*

So be fair, the annoying thing in going high is getting one shot, despite being still able to one shot the enemies too. I wish enemies were /more/ tanky, while hurting a bit less. Powercreep is kinda silly though.

-snip-

while i see your point, i will throw this out there.

I can (and do) go well into hour long survival missions.

However, not often.

The reasons have nothing to do with your tirade there, and far more to do with netcode that falls over if a sparrow farts on my phone line.

Nothing drives me more insane than having a host migration at 38 minutes because:

1: The host's hamster-driven PC from 2001 can't handle the spawn.

2: The hosts's running on a DSL because he has no other option and his upload speed is saturated causing a host migration.

3: My ISP decides to blip for a half second and Warframe's UDP based port system explodes.

4: Random spikes in through-router traffic.

5: aformentioned sparrow.

Power Creep is a thing in this game. Personally, i frequently downgrade my gear when playing with non-veteran players, however, I'm a minority in this practice. I will say that it's off-putting for a new player to be totally out-classed by a veteran running through mercury / venus with 6-forma'd gear making them all look like blind puppies. 

It's rude, it's not all that much fun, and nobody has a solution for it.

But i will say this... Putting in primed elemental mods which will further increase the disparity between veterans and new players. (then making those items unicorn rare) doesn't help the situation.

Power Creep is fine so long as the enemies and challenges presented keep up with it. We don't need this thread every time a primed mod is released. 

Understand that the alternative is just... no new mods are ever released. Nothing ever becomes better, we don't ever become stronger. The level cap is effectively in place indefinitely, and enemies can only become so challenging as a result. 

Power creep is not good or bad, it's subjective. A lot of people here will likely argue that the game is too easy, but a lot of people here also complain any time a harder enemy is released. Just keep that in mind when you're making an argument about the state of the game's difficulty and your opinions on it. 

Edited by Acos

I had never heard the phrase "power creep" until i started playing warframe and the entire concept is laughable because pvp in this game is a joke and it's not even useful content, and for anyone who actually starts fighting things at a reasonable level will see that your whole power creep concept is $&*&*#(%&.

POWER CREEP NEEDS TO BE FIXED BECAUSE I KILL STUFF TOO EASILY ON MY MERCURY MISSIONS

WTF VOID MISSIONS? OF COURSE I PLAY VOID MISSIONS, I OFTEN JOIN KEYSHARING PARTIES BECAUSE I HATE FREELOADERS

40 MINUTES BECAUSE THERE IS LITERALLY NO POINT IN GOING ANY HIGHER BECAUSE ITS JUST GRINDING AND DE ARE FORCING US TO FARM CORES

so basically you understand the further you go the more powerful the enemies get right?

ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO POINT, GUNS ARE TOO POWERFUL AND NEED TO BE NERFED AND THEY ALSO NEED TO MAKE MISSIONS LESS GRINDY

so you fully acknowledge that power creep is non existent in the game if you progress further onto any defence/survival/interception?

THERE IS NO POINT IN GOING FAR INTO THE VOID BECAUSE YOU ARENT REWARDED ENOUGH FOR IT AND ITS BORING NO ONE HAS TIME TO PLAY EXTENDED MISSIONS BUT I SURE AS HELL HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RACK UP THOUSANDS OF POSTS ON THE FORUMS COMPLAINING ABOUT TOPICS WHICH HAVE VERY LITTLE SUBSTANCE IN THE GAME.

1. No Caps.

2. You, on console, haven't got nullifiers and bombards on the void, so stop going around in the forums saying "hurr durr, you guys are all plebs, i do 3hr+ runs, get on my level!!!!1111oneone".

3. Going 1hr+ run is nothing but a challenge. a challenge for you not to fall asleep.

4. You're also wrong about 40minutes.

VTOMIjr.jpg

5. Funny you mention Mercury being too easy, because T4 will become Mercury 2.0 if you power creep too much. Power creep is okay, but power creep too much and you're crossing a line that needs a whole balance overhaul to fix it. And frankly speaking, we're nearing that point. Primed Streamline has been datamined. Once Primed Intensify, Stretch, etc comes out, AND IT WILL, we're going to the point of no return.

Edited by xyLoneZ

He gets it.  

5. Funny you mention Mercury being too easy, because T4 will become Mercury 2.0 if you power creep too much. Power creep is okay, but power creep too much and you're crossing a line that needs a whole balance overhaul to fix it. And frankly speaking, we're nearing that point. Primed Streamline has been datamined. Once Primed Intensify, Stretch, etc comes out, AND IT WILL, we're going to the point of no return.

T4 is already a Mercury 2.0 (now with nullifiers!). Modded guns oneshot everything in T4 just like on Mercury. All difference is in the enemy damage.

1. No Caps.

2. You, on console, haven't got nullifiers and bombards on the void, so stop going around in the forums saying "hurr durr, you guys are all plebs, i do 3hr+ runs, get on my level!!!!1111oneone".

3. Going 1hr+ run is nothing but a challenge. a challenge for you not to fall asleep.

4. You're also wrong about 40minutes.

VTOMIjr.jpg

Console players dont struggle with adapating, the excalibur nerf led to an even better method for t4 survivals being figured out, nullifiers wont be an issue for myself, perhaps for others sure but the added challenge is a welcome change.

The reason many of us dont struggle getting past an hour is because we just talk S#&$ and have fun, 2hrs+ when the game begins and the challenge mode is engaged we are nothing but business, so if youre falling asleep by an hour thats your fault lol

You have to remember that the amount of people who can actually reach those times is very limited so DE is in a pretty precarious position, the excalibur nerf didn't hurt the better players because we will always adapt so it ends up hurting the masses more than it effects us and since the excal nerf we have developed several different strats so if they nerf nova and loki who completely break the game when paired together, we have another 3 compositions ready to go which sure may not be as effective as nova and loki but they are still effective enough to break 2hrs+.

Void will always be the premier test of endurance and skill because it is essentially endless as long as youre good enough.