Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Nice That The Prisma Gorgon Is Pretty And All...

Fullmetal_Underpants

but could you have at least ... oh... i don't know... made it... just slightly better?  you know somewhere to the tune of 25k dps to give an excuse to its cost... 2 day window of obtaining... to compare to the other 2 gorgons...  you know something?  yeah the 15% crit chance was a step in the right direction, but really, would 30 base damage really have broken the game at this point?

The Prisma Gorgon has better crit chance, crit damage, larger magazine, larger ammo capacity, faster RoF, better accuracy, and less recoil than the Gorgon and Gorgon Wraith. The only thing the Gorgon Wraith beats the Prisma in is in status chance and base damage.

It may not be a Boltor Prime or Soma Prime tier weapon, but it feels balanced just right as it is.

The Prisma Gorgon has better crit chance, crit damage, larger magazine, larger ammo capacity, faster RoF, better accuracy, and less recoil than the Gorgon and Gorgon Wraith. The only thing the Gorgon Wraith beats the Prisma in is in status chance and base damage.

It may not be a Boltor Prime or Soma Prime tier weapon, but it feels balanced just right as it is.

Prisma Gorgon?

This, i say its perfect as it is

I would appreciate a more balanced distribution of damage types. Split between all types, or atleast less focus on Impact would be just lovely and give it a more well-rounded usability.

thats the trait of that weapon, besides you can just elemental mods and it will be useable against everything

Also, people should realize that the Prisma Gorgon has something else that its stats don't show: highly reduced recoil, which significantly helps in its accuracy, and thus makes it even more powerful by virtue of it landing more shots on its target.

Thank you,

I feel like a lot of people want a weapon that is instantly the strongest weapon in the game or comparable to it (Soma prime, Boltor prime).  People need to temper their expectations a little bit.  I mean, the gun hasn't even been out for 24 hours and people just instantly jump to conclusions that it's a bad gun without investing any time into it.  

Edited by DayInTheSun

Don't forget better reload

The Gorgon was already a decent weapon, and the Prisma Gorgon is a huge upgrade, dont sit there and tell me its trash, because that's not true

Quit comparing weapons to Soma and Boltor Prime, that's a good way to make ANYTHING seem lackluster

Edited by NocturneOfSolace

I love the gun, altough i think this is what regular gorgon's stats should have been. You know reintroduce the weapon, added in chem dojo lab with prisma's stats.

But i wont complain, i liked the original gorgon, i was dissapointed i couldn;t get the wraith one, and just love the prisma.

Latron Prime has 15% crit chance.

The Latron Prime is a viable crit weapon even with its 15% crit chance because it has a 2.5x crit damage multiplier, compared to the Prisma Gorgon's 2x. I think that the best possible change that could be made to the Prisma Gorgon would be an increase in its crit multiplier from 2x to 2.5x.

A 600 ducat weapon should be better in more ways than what looks to be a 5% increase in a few attributes. While its improved from 4 seconds, its 3 second reload time is a good balance. And while its no recoil is lovely, id like its damage to reflect the cost. Theres no reasion for it to be weak, its there, everyone can get it with a little work. Why not have it be a good gorgon for once?

On a semi related note the Prisma Gorgon does not actually have reduced recoil, but it does have less bullet spread ( i tested both of them earlier and saw no kick reduction)

It might be better than the other two Gorgons, but it's still a very expensive weapon that takes a lot of prime components. As long as its not on par with the high end weapons i'd be okay with it being buffed. What would be so bad if Prisma gorgon was competitive with a soma p or boltor p? I think the cost certainly justifies it.

Edited by Terrahero