The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I hope his abilities suck to compliment his look.

So should Mag Prime and Hydroid become sucky too, then?

(Sorry to their fans, I really just don't fancy the looks of these warframes)

(EDIT: Just to be clear, Mag Prime Helmet only. Body's fine as it is except having too less prime gold than other primes)

Edited by faustias

Have you seen a depiction of an eastern dragon before? None of them have a snout that long, I can tell you.

When we play the frame we are forced to look at it. We want it to look good if we see it all the time. Is that too much to ask? Are you any better for calling people five year olds when all we want is a frame closer to the theme that is less ugly?

Agree! Player model is pretty much the only thing in game that takes ~1/12 of screenspace and we see it 99% of time!!

No, you can't guarantee it.

Yeah I can. A lot of people liked that fan art.

So should Mag Prime and Hydroid become sucky too, then?

(Sorry to their fans, I really just don't fancy the looks of these warframes)

(EDIT: Just to be clear, Mag Prime Helmet only. Body's fine as it is except having too less prime gold than other primes)

They don't look nearly as bad as Chroma and I actually think Hydroid looks pretty cool Mag Prime is a butterface though.

Edited by Takatashi

Since we can only go off of artistic depiction, it is eerily similar, even if it is called a Cetus. Eastern dragons and Coatls are serpentine, why are they considered more dragon-like?

Sea horses and sea dragons aren't the same thing. I'd wager that a fair amount of people would compare it to the mythical creature if shown it without the name.

Seahorses and sea dragons are the same thing. A sea dragon is just a more "fancy" seahorse. 

Either way, basing a dragon theme off of something that is not a dragon is not a good idea.

Well that's just being a complete meany-face to DE. Just because you don't like his design you want him to suck equally? I'm trying to be nice here, I really am. But everybody just wants to be negative nancies.

Hard to be positive. Gotta say.

Yeah I can. A lot of people liked that fan art.

They don't look nearly as bad as Chroma and I actually think Hydroid looks pretty cool Mag Prime is a butterface though.

You can't guarantee that, let's be logical. Not sure if this is accurate but i read that DE has around 14 million players? You're saying that almost everyone will want another frame to look like rhino with absolute certainty? How can you be sure that 14 million people dislike Chroma and want Rhino 2.

Oh no it's not, I'm being positive and I'm one of the most negative people in the forums. So please, let's leave this Chroma thing behind until he comes out.

Can confirm that sappinmahsentry can be really negative but isn't.

Other forum if you're who i think you are.

This thing is still going on? Mother of Lotus... the damned frame isn't even out Yet. While yes everyone is entitled to an opinion with the freedom of expression, is it too hard to agree to disagree and take final passing judgment on the frame when he is released?

Let's really take into account that there is a high chance DE won't change his look. They had a specific art direction with him and intend to follow through.

Chroma is nothing like any of us expected that much is certain. But we have absolutely No idea how he will perform aside from the energy color = damage type thing.

I wish the backlash to this frame wasn't so intense but I completely understand why it was appropriate. Hoping this all dies down over time.

This thing is still going on? Mother of Lotus... the damned frame isn't even out Yet. While yes everyone is entitled to an opinion with the freedom of expression, is it too hard to agree to disagree and take final passing judgment on the frame when he is released?

Let's really take into account that there is a high chance DE won't change his look. They had a specific art direction with him and intend to follow through.

Chroma is nothing like any of us expected that much is certain. But we have absolutely No idea how he will perform aside from the energy color = damage type thing.

I wish the backlash to this frame wasn't so intense but I completely understand why it was appropriate. Hoping this all dies down over time.

But we are not discussing its performance - we are discussing its looks. And the looks are horrible.

People wanted scales, not one more infested, deformed something.

Edited by Kasseopea

Not really. For one that one is much more stylized and looks much better than what chroma got. 

ahh yes... call it ugly beaver tail when there's still no clear view of Chroma's tail.

I mean how sure are you that it's flat and plain as a beaver's tail?

Edited by faustias

But we are not discussing its performance - we are discussing its looks. And the looks are horrible.

People wanted scales, not one more infested, deformed something.

Actually if I recall the discussion is anything and everything about Chroma, not just his looks. Sure looks are a majority of posts, but other things areally being discussed.

My outlook on the subject is to not purely judge a book by It's cover. I like Chroma, though he does look really odd. but I like him for the play style possibilities he could open up, not because I think he looks absolutely gorgeous. My Paracyst looks better but I'm not gonna hate on the guy for his looks.

You can't guarantee that, let's be logical. Not sure if this is accurate but i read that DE has around 14 million players? You're saying that almost everyone will want another frame to look like rhino with absolute certainty? How can you be sure that 14 million people dislike Chroma and want Rhino 2.

Because there isn't a 300 page thread about how ugly Rhino is.

ahh yes... call it ugly beaver tail when there's still no clear view of Chroma's tail.

I mean how sure are you that it's flat and plain as a beaver's tail?

I kinda am hoping for a flat tail XD

rhino wasn't hyped back in the day for being a rhino themed warframe either 0_0

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Well duh? There is only 1 Rhino. Adding another one would be silly and irritate the people that were expecting something different instead of a reskin with an additional mechanic.

You seem to be speaking for everyone.

Pro-tip: Don't.

Oh, wow, you are sooo witty, i wished i would be so witty. How did you even come up with this masterpiece?

And im not speaking for everyone, only for those are actually not fanboys who will defend this infested anteater-seahorse to the death, no matter how it looks.