Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I'm sorry, where do you see a komodo dragon slouching?

Everywhere we've seen him, I assume. Like the Chroma to the right in the Warframe showcase splash image.

Or his slouching while we saw him in motion.

To not see the parallels is astonishing, really.

no, because the A is what adds that element of mystique to it. Chrom by itself sounds like a name you'd give to a viking, or the hero of a tactical RPG game called Fire emblem: Awakening.

yeah... mystique.. you mean if he's a transgender or not right?

...and the narrow snout seen on some dragon imagery such as viking long boats.

...and the horn long protrusions to the back of the helm like the antlers of eastern dragons.

...and the details on the knees reminiscent of the wisps of fire or fur seen on the limbs of many fantasy dragons.

...and the slouching pose similar to that of a komodo dragon.

...and the powers dependent on colouration like D'n'D and early Warhammer dragons.

Please Link pictures Backing these up however:

The Snout is too thin and Narrow to be distinguishable to be a dragon even on viking ships, if they wanted eastern theme then the snout should be shorter and wider.

The Horns are not long "Long protrusions" I think excals Pendragon helm rings are bigger than these "Horns"

While subjective I don't See a Whip of fire, I see a Cord of Muscle, Further making him akin to an infected frame

Komodo dragons are lizards, thus they act like a lizard so they hunch over when they move to better hide themselves from their prey.

Sea Dragon, folks. That's what it's modeled after.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Dragon

................I'm not even going to express my displeasure with what you have provided. So many people like you have used that as an example and I am quite tired of it.

That is not a dragon. That is a fish. Just because it has dragon in the name does not make it a dragon.

Nothing requires "fixing". He looks epic as he is now. 

All of the people bashing on him will adapt, eventually. The cycle always repeats itself.

Pretty much.

Vauban: What is this doofus? clown shoes!? rabble rabble rabble.

Nekros: What is this WoW? he looks anorexic. Ghosts? wat! rabble rabble rabble.

Nova: nova is a explosion, not antimatter! x10.  Turtle neck! cancer survivor? rabble rabble rabble.

Oberon: Look at that gut, its a deer. rabble rabble rabble.

I don't think we got the correct perception when DE said dragon. I think they meant "SeaDragon" which is a type of sea horse that adapts to its surroundings ( which is Chroma's powers ) which looks liek this

http://www.divegallery.com/Leafy_Sea_Dragon9_.jpg

Also I think it has got some inspiration from Infested technocyte of Dark sectors collossus,

http://images.wikia.com/darksector/images/3/30/Colossus3.jpg

Which was DE's previous game that seems like its based on the same dimension as warframe even if its not in the same universe.

Here's a pic of Chroma for comparison

http://i.imgur.com/Lam41xR.png

Trying to change Chroma into the mythical western or eastern dragon would just be asking for an entirely different frame I think. However I do agree it is synical of DE to use the word "dragon" while fully aware that it could be misleading lol.

Edited by Atkintunde

................I'm not even going to express my displeasure with what you have provided. So many people like you have used that as an example and I am quite tired of it.

That is not a dragon. That is a fish. Just because it has dragon in the name does not make it a dragon.

It's clearly a dragon.  I don't know what you're on about.

What?! Sheltered?! No, DE ignored what the community actually wanted when we requested a dragon frame.

I'm going to quote myself in response to one of your post.

Steve and Scott said they were working on a dragon frame framed based around DnD chromatic dragon and its element color would affect its abilities. The concept of a dragon themed warframe has been requested forever. So DE doing saying they're doing a much requested theme is valid.

Give me quotes before DE announced they were doing a dragon frame that the community want it to look specifically traditional. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most of the fan concepts want dragon themed abilities. And if you're going to say you wants a dragon frame that looked like one but didn't function like one, I just find that very shallow. As abilities hold more weight tan looks in game.

I'm certain you're not the ambassador to the community, so you should speak on behalf of it

DE didn't make any mistake, people had expectations and DE had a different vision

You're more concerned about how it looks than his it functions, "The Community" is extremely vague estimate of people, so youre saying the entire community wanted a traditonal look? Really? I'm fairly confident when people ask for frame concepts the first thing brainstormed are its skills. Because that the most important thing.

No one can't say what a dragon can or cannot look like, they're mythical beast, not on the discovery channel. Warframes either way don't try to look directly like animals anyway.

Edited by cozzi21

ME!? What about you people!? You are trying to pass a damned fish off as a dragon! That is not a dragon! That is a FISH! 

Just like chroma is not a dragon frame! It's an infested anteater! 

It says it right in the name, bruh.  It's a dragon, and a pretty majestic one at that.

I don't think we got the correct perception when DE said dragon. I think they meant "SeaDragon" which is a type of sea horse that adapts to its surroundings ( which is Chroma's powers ) which looks liek this

http://www.divegallery.com/Leafy_Sea_Dragon9_.jpg

Also I think it has got some inspiration from Infested technocyte of Dark sectors collossus,

http://images.wikia.com/darksector/images/3/30/Colossus3.jpg

Which was DE's previous game that seems like its based on the same dimension as warframe even if its not in the same universe.

Here's a pic of Chroma for comparison

http://i.imgur.com/Lam41xR.png

Trying to change Chroma into the mythical western or eastern dragon would just be asking for an entirely different frame I think. However I do agree it is synical of DE to use the word "dragon" while fully aware that it could be misleading lol.

we all know what we meant by dragon. i think it's completely bullS#&$ to think that they thought we meant "seadragon" and not "flying mythical creature"

I'm going to quote myself in response to one of your post.

You're more concerned about how it looks than his it functions, "The Community" is extremely vague estimate of people, so youre saying the entire community wanted a traditonal look? Really? I'm fairly confident when people ask for frame concepts the first thing brainstormed are its skills. Because that the most important thing.

No one can't say what a dragon can or cannot look like, they're mythical beast, not on the discovery channel. Warframes either way don't try to look directly like animals anyway.

How about you go take a look through the fan forums and tell me what the community wanted. Search up "Dragon". Tell us what you find. I'm certain it is nothing like Chroma. 

ME!? What about you people!? You are trying to pass a damned fish off as a dragon! That is not a dragon! That is a FISH! 

Just like chroma is not a dragon frame! It's an infested anteater! 

Just like how rhino doesn't look like a rhino? I iz disapont ahah jk I don't care XD.Besides they said it would be inspired by dragons but they didn't say which ones as far as looks goes as far as I'm aware.All I know they said was some of his abilities were inspired by asian dragons for being an aspect of luck.(proof-tennolive 2015)

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

k so fish are Dragons now , heres the water dragon next frame , this is a Dragonfish scalish-dragonfish.jpg

DE SAID DRAGON THEMED AND NOT FISH THEMED NOT ANTEATER THEMED , people are trying to justify Crhoma looks because of the name of a damn fish , well heres a dragon fish he looks more badass then a Sea@(*()$horse

Edited by MrKage