Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

At least those frames aren't ugly piles of infested meat.

You're handling and refuted my point very maturely. But you still haven't answered it. Banshee looks nothing like mythological banshees, Loki does not bear any resemblance to the Norse god.

Oh your CERTAIN are you!? Well I am certain you are simply discarding facts when it suits you! Chroma needs to be changed. Plain and simple.

Unless all those artist had the same idea of what a dragon is,how it supposed to look as well as notable feature. Its not going to look the same, someone's drawing style is going to be very hard to replicate. As well as if it was colored or not. So in short, I know none are going to look the same because every artist I different.

And Chroma won't be change, I guess they should scrap his skills as well because he doesn't look dragon enough right?

Edited by cozzi21

You're handling and refuted my point very maturely. But you still haven't answered it. Banshee looks nothing like mythological banshees, Loki does not bear any resemblance to the Norse god.

Those are theyre names yes, but what are theyre themes?

A light frame? You mean like the one we already have? Mirage?

And the first time he was teased they talked about colors, not light, its an important differentiation. He is based on the chromatic dragons from d&d.

Yes and no, Mirage is themed as a Trickster. I see what you mean with her relation to light, but also remember that DE was going for the Smoke and Mirrors approach to her powers as stated in one of their previous Devstreams.

Edit: My mistake immolaror1001, Chroma is color, and I completely forgot about Mirage. and Loki who was the trickster.

Edited by Digidyne017

Sure, a fish is a fish.  But a Sea Dragon is a dragon.

So does that mean a Dragon fly is also a dragon? I find it funny that no one has brought up this name at all in regards to the whole "having dragon in the name makes it a dragon". If you want to look at it this way, then DE could have just made up a dragonfly frame and justified it as being a dragon. Just because an animal/insect has dragon in the name doesn't mean it should be a reason to design a frame around. You could even use a dragon fruit design as well going by your reasoning. 

I have nothing against Nekro's design; it has a nice "feral" touch, although most people consider it wrong to relate this design to a Necromancer.

But at this point, we should not consider this a Necromancer Frame. Obviously this design in no way, excluding the bones, resembles a necromancer. The first time Nekros was teased, his powers were said to be based on nanomachines. What we have is a nanomachine Frame, not a Necromancer.

I have nothing against Oberon's design; it has a nice "feral" touch, although most people consider it wrong to relate this design to a Paladin.

But at this point, we should not consider this a Paladin Frame. Obviously this design in no way, excluding the Armor, resembles a Paladin. The first time Oberon was teased, his powers were said to be based on Nature. What we have is a Fairy Frame, not a Paladin.

I could go on and on...

Edited by Archistopheles

He looks like a cross between ash, lephantis, oberon, rhino, nekros and hydroid. My reason why I think this is because he has lephantis' head (one of them, anyway) nekros' hands, part of oberon's paladin suit, rhinos' chest, and hydroid's lower body. Anyone else notice this too?

He looks like a cross between ash, lephantis, oberon, rhino, nekros and hydroid. My reason why I think this is because he has lephantis' head (one of them, anyway) nekros' hands, part of oberon's paladin suit, rhinos' chest, and hydroid's lower body. Anyone else notice this too?

So does that mean a Dragon fly is also a dragon? I find it funny that no one has brought up this name at all in regards to the whole "having dragon in the name makes it a dragon". If you want to look at it this way, then DE could have just made up a dragonfly frame and justified it as being a dragon. Just because an animal/insect has dragon in the name doesn't mean it should be a reason to design a frame around. You could even use a dragon fruit design as well going by your reasoning. 

Your knowledge of dragons is impressive, squire.  Even I didn't know that many dragons existed.

Chroma does not share any traits with any Dragon I know of, bar that he breathes "Fire" [Or "ice" or "Toxic" Etc...] however they have said that it was a Dragon inspired frame and was brought up 2 devstreams ago and not necessarily Just the abilities

Snout that ends in a sort of nasal ridge, with two thick whiskery bits underneath. Dragons typically have a ridge (or ridges) accentuating their noses, and traditional asian dragons usually have those kinds of thick whiskers.

He's armored, but in the only way allowed in Warframe in the biological sense needed, through infested rippling flesh. While not scales, it's obviously the parallel intended. Furthermore, this red flesh only appears to cover his back, leaving his frontal designs and ridges exposed, very much like a dragon's underbelly.

He has a hunched over stance befitting something like a lizard, and roars well enough like a dragon.

And yet the slightly narrow shape and curvature of this protrusion on his head yells nothing but anteater to so many, despite all other details.

Edited by Tyranti

No? But see here Loki does look like a trickster doesn't he? He gives off a very tricky vibe with his design. Especially with his agile stance.