Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

No, a sea dragon is not a dragon, just like a sea horse isn't a horse, and a sea lion isn't a lion and a dragonfly isn't a dragon.

or just like how dragons aren't real either? dragons are a work of fictional lore and mythology. Dragons aren't REAL just like how sherlock holmes isn't in the living deparment.We have no living proof of a dragon to know what to base it on.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Those are theyre names yes, but what are theyre themes?

Banshee is a sound based warframe utilising stealth. Easily seen from all her abilities being sound based in name and use. She looks nothing like a banshee, but no one cares.

If I'm correct Loki is call the trickers and deceiver in his warframe profile video, considering the frame is bout manipulation and he's named AFR the nrose God of mischief, he fall in the same row as banshee

Yes and no, Mirage is themed as a Trickster. I see what you mean with her relation to light, but also remember that DE was going for the Smoke and Mirrors approach to her powers as stated in one of their previous Devstreams.

Hall of mirrors (mirrors reflect light and she gets light holograms)

Eclipse (amount of light changes the effect)

Prism (shoot a ball that spews light everywhere)

The only skill not related to light is slight of hand.

Edited by immolator1001

No? But see here Loki does look like a trickster doesn't he? He gives off a very tricky vibe with his design. Especially with his agile stance.

No, he looks like a hammer head shark. Look at his head.

Chroma gives off a dragon vibe when he breathes fire. See? Your logic works for me as well.

In the real world, this is called a dragon:

Komodo_dragon_with_tongue.jpg

...and this is called a dragon:

Leafy_Seadragon_Phycodurus_eques_2500px_

Dragons, drakes, and wyverns you see in fantasy do not exist, and both of these animals are both referred to as living evidence as to the mythical creature's origins. What gives the komodo more right to dragon-hood than the aquatic variant?

Say what you will, it's still unique ugly or not way better than a rhino with scales and wings as many hoped.

Seriously, do people just want a rhino reskin with scales, wings, and a 'dragonish' helmit and clawed hands/feet?  Is THAT what it takes to make everyone happy?  Be generic?

Beacuse DE never said Rhino gonna be a Rhino...Or loki gonna be a nordic god...they said Chroma gonna be a Themed Dragon Frame not a Infested Anteater :C

themed.

THEMED.

THEMED!

Never said it would BE.  It's THEME, would be 'dragonic'  Guess what, It breaths fire, has a wierd semblance of a tail, and a snout and thank god it isn't just a rhino with a dragon helmet on.  >.>

Edited by Sibarian

Snout that ends in a sort of nasal ridge, with two thick whiskery bits underneath. Dragons typically have a ridge (or ridges) accentuating their noses, and traditional asian dragons usually have those kinds of thick whiskers.

He's armored, but in the only way allowed in Warframe in the biological sense needed, through infested rippling flesh. While not scales, it's obviously the parallel intended. Furthermore, this red flesh only appears to cover his back, leaving his frontal designs and ridges exposed, very much like a dragon's underbelly.

He has a hunched over stance befitting something like a lizard, and roars well enough like a dragon.

And yet the slightly narrow shape and curvature of this protrusion on his head yells nothing but anteater to so many, despite all other details.

Even though I see where you're coming from, it still doesn't change it, if it were after an easter dragon, the whiskers could be longer to emphasis just how much dragon is in out Anteater frame

The Exposed underbelly I never thought of, however it only amplifies just how out of place it is for me, dunno, just doesn't sit right with how the "Red skin" ends suddenly

So he's basically more akin to lizard than a dragon barring his roar which doesn't mean he's instantly a dragon.