The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

They're hardly subtle hints. No less subtle than the ninja hints on Ash, or the Arthurian hints on Excalibur.

Ash and excalibur are really obvious. One is an assassin(given how much of a hunter look he has) and the name "ash" and the other is a righteous "swordsman" named after a sword lol.

They are far, far, far more obvious than a melted wax creature that has bulky body, but has "east dragon whiskers"-which are somehow connected together, some spiky bits-that look like you could pull a thread through to hang him on things and a tail that resembes a beavers tail, given the lack of any other reptilian-likeness which would let us assume that he is a dragon inspired melted wax creature.

Edited by kiteohatto

They're hardly subtle hints. No less subtle than the ninja hints on Ash, or the Arthurian hints on Excalibur.

You can only tell Ash is supposed to be a ninja from his abilities, and Excalibur by his name. Even then the only similarities is they both prefer a sword.

Chroma looks like an organic volcano creature.

And a FAR GREATER majority that out weighs the number of people on the forums, or warframe fans that watched PAX, and only exist in the game KNOW NOTHING OF IT... So the larger majority have not spoken, and are usually against alot of things mentioned on the forums. Alot people even shy away from the general chat that you can only find in PUG, or if you ever get in contact with the clans that usually stay away from PUGs, and General chat all together.

A poll means nothing because you can't stick it in the game, or shove it in the face of every Warframe player who DOES NOT go on the Forums, OR has not seen the Pax livestream, OR stays away from general chat.  This is the same thing I complained about ages ago when I said new players needed help and the entire community said NO WE NEED MORE END GAME SCREW NEW PEOPLE. See THAT was the forums last year. The people actually playing the game however had an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW. They hated how we kept bashing DE for end game, and wanted more help for newer players. The forum usually represents a certain kind of person versus the kind of people who NEVER visit the forums or aware of things happening outside of the game. Heck Warframe IS the only game I can keep up on news with. Every other game I have no idea where their live streams are at, or how they know something new is coming out. Warframe could very well have the same issue for newer people just now joining us, and yes this was also a VICIOUS issue last year. So your poll is 1/4 valid as the 3/4 which is everyone in game who don't know about the forums, and have NOT seen the pax livestream, and possibly NEVER go to General Chat. Is it there fault? NO. Getting into a new large community with tons of stuff everywhere is difficult. It takes time to get used to it.

This topic just like in the past is a limited opinion and just like how Limbo, and Mesa were widely accept by ingame players versus the violent screaming of people on the forums this Chroma will also be widely accept by players, and you will probably see it alot in the future being used constantly by people who specialize with that warframe just like how people specialize with Mesa, and Limbo EVEN NOW. There are even a small few who specialize with hydroid, and Zephy crushing enemies viciously during weird missions. Different people are using different warframes, and specialize with things YOU HATE. The ingame player is much different from the Forum player, and they outweigh us IMMENSELY.

Do you know how statistics work? They aren't supposed to poll everyone, they are supposed to use a sample of the population to give a reasonable estimation of the whole population. We could argue about all the confounding factors that make the sample less than ideal, but given the 25% difference between the top two options, it's unlikely to change the result. That isn't exactly a dead-heat. It's a clear signal. Just because the poll doesn't support your position doesn't mean it's invalid.

Btw, saying that DE made less than stellar frame designs in the past and most people didn't quit the game in protest isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the current frame. It just means that so far, DE's designs haven't been so offensive as to tank the entire business. That's a pretty low bar.

Edited by jmforeman02

You can only tell Ash is supposed to be a ninja from his abilities, and Excalibur by his name. Even then the only similarities is they both prefer a sword.

Chroma looks like an organic volcano creature.

Ash has ninja feet and hidden blades. Excalibur has sword motifs on his chest.

What about Mag? Her theme is magnetism, it's even been stated as such by the devs. Nobody runs around and yells about how her design is failed though. Same could be said for most warframes, actually. Is the problem just that people think Chroma is ugly? Do people not know what subjective means?

Guys, guys, guys. Guys.

Use the new frame or don't. All this endless bickering is doing exactly nothing. We don't even know how the new model plays yet, and isn't that honestly more important?

Everyone just needs to calm down. All the polls and petitions and scrutiny over Chroma's design will most likely not get anywhere because the way he LOOKS doesn't affect gameplay, which is what DE cares about more.

People still having a debacle over this? Chroma's here to stay, whether you like it, love it, hate it and so on. Just accept the fact he's a new member to our Tenno family :^)

6OkVX.png

The warframe design besides the powers dont reminds of a dragon, but of a lephantis anteater seahorse melted infested, if hes alt helmet is good i can make him part of my tenno family barely.

Edited by MrKage

What about Mag? Her theme is magnetism, it's even been stated as such by the devs. Nobody runs around and yells about how her design is failed though. Same could be said for most warframes, actually. Is the problem just that people think Chroma is ugly? Do people not know what subjective means?

Mag has coils on her arm. Very electromagnetic in nature. Volt too. And they are both based on something more ethereal. Chroma is based on a mythical creature with several very well established looks.

Guys, guys, guys. Guys.

Use the new frame or don't. All this endless bickering is doing exactly nothing. We don't even know how the new model plays yet, and isn't that honestly more important?

Everyone just needs to calm down. All the polls and petitions and scrutiny over Chroma's design will most likely not get anywhere because the way he LOOKS doesn't affect gameplay, which is what DE cares about more.

It does do something. It gives DE our opinions so that they can keep that in mind in the future. That is the whole purpose of these forums.

Edited by jmforeman02

Mag is easy to guess too, she has coils over her body and her feet are magnets. Google "magnetic" and you will see the similarity.

Edited by kiteohatto

Mag has coils on her arm. Very electromagnetic in nature. Volt too. And they are both based on something more ethereal. Chroma is based on a mythical creature with several very well established looks.

Mag is easy to guess too, she has coils over her body and her feet are magnets. Google "magnetic" and you will see the similarity.

Do you two realize how you sound?

"Chroma is easy to guess too, he has scales over his back and thighs and his shoulders are wings. Google "medieval dragon" and you will see the similarity.

"Chroma is easy to guess too, he has scales over his back and thighs and his shoulders are wings. Google "medieval dragon" and you will see the similarity.

Oh really?!?! THANKS!!! I've never seen a dragon before! I had no idea. Now that I've googled medieval dragon it cleared everything up. Now I'm convinced that Chroma  looks like an anteater wrapped in bacon.

Edited by jmforeman02

He is so easy to guess what theme he supports ? If he is so easy to identify then why is this thread so full of people who have trouble seeing him as a dragon ?

Sorry man, i can't take you seriously anymore. Im out.

Edited by kiteohatto

Do you know how statistics work? They aren't supposed to poll everyone, they are supposed to use a sample of the population to give a reasonable estimation of the whole population. We could argue about all the confounding factors that make the sample less than ideal, but given the 25% difference between the top two options, it's unlikely to change the result. That isn't exactly a dead-heat. It's a clear signal. Just because the poll doesn't support your position doesn't mean it's invalid.

Btw, saying that DE made less than stellar frame designs in the past and most people didn't quit the game in protest isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the current frame. It just means that so far, DE's designs haven't been so offensive as to tank the entire business. That's a pretty low bar.

The Bias end of the factor... Its like if I did a poll on how many feel being racism is ok in a very racist city and NEVER did the poll in a city that is more equal, or greatly against racism. Your only doing this poll where a small portion who usually bash what would help the game rather than what isn't...

Also I never focused my post on frame design. I focused the point of view on how forum is usually pushed in one direction. As I said before This forum was DEEPLY against helping newer players, and making content for them last year. Personally I would prefer if DE continued the same route of ignoring 75% of what is said, and doing things their way. Everything works out for the best in the end. Everyone gets something that makes them happy. Heck NOW I finally have a more infested, and monstrous warframe which I can enjoy... Still would like something more metallic, and organic-ish, but this works fine. Alot of people were never even following the whole dragon frame non-sense I didn't even care how it came out as long as it was cool, and fun to use. So far it looks cool. Now I am curious on function.

Also they did manage to get around to the three player made enemies, the special sword whip things, and even the most desired Dual Dakra. Heck even a new good looking glaive is coming out. Plus people will get to enjoy sentients. PLUS were getting Volt Prime. So if your not happy with the Warframe that alot of players WILL BE HAPPY WITH. Then you still have all the other things people would be happy with. Personally the only thing that would have made me happy IS the Volt prime till I saw the design of Chroma which blew my mind away. Not to mention they didnt say what prime items will be released with Volt Prime either. So that is another bonus factor that helps DE out immensely. One warframe that abunch of people are crying about looks ugly won't kill the game at all. Infact Limbo(Surprised by this), and Mesa haven't killed it... Zephy hasn't killed it. Alot of saving graces run along side these frames. I feel it would be best if DE manages to make a warframe for different groups of people to be happy. I haven't had a warframe in a good long time to be happy with. I usually stick to Excalibur, Banshee, and Volt. I have waited a LONG time to find an ideal warframe to add to my used set.

THIS might actually be the saving grace. Something new to play as... Something new I can enjoy for once.I simply have a good feeling about this. I got a good feeling people will enjoy his look a little bit more seeing him in game, and actually playing as him.

We all felt the same for Oberon along time ago thinking he looked stupid, but over time we got used to him. We love him now. Still abit dorky, but lovable regardless.

I think your looking at it wrong. Its a Samurai body with a japanese dragon head. It has inverted dragon horns on its head that come together as a lotus petal similar to a crest on a samurai helmet, and it has whiskers on its chin similar to a Japanese dragon. Its a Japanese Samurai Dragon Man...

HAHAHAHHAHAHA >.> wheres does Chroma has something dat when u see him reminds u of this

488772ad10666a62e6daac7687c5767b.jpg

Edited by MrKage

The Bias end of the factor... Its like if I did a poll on how many feel being racism is ok in a very racist city and NEVER did the poll in a city that is more equal, or greatly against racism. Your only doing this poll where a small portion who usually bash what would help the game rather than what isn't...

Also I never focused my post on frame design. I focused the point of view on how forum is usually pushed in one direction. As I said before This forum was DEEPLY against helping newer players, and making content for them last year. Personally I would prefer if DE continued the same route of ignoring 75% of what is said, and doing things their way. Everything works out for the best in the end. Everyone gets something that makes them happy. Heck NOW I finally have a more infested, and monstrous warframe which I can enjoy... Still would like something more metallic, and organic-ish, but this works fine. Alot of people were never even following the whole dragon frame non-sense I didn't even care how it came out as long as it was cool, and fun to use. So far it looks cool. Now I am curious on function.

Also they did manage to get around to the three player made enemies, the special sword whip things, and even the most desired Dual Dakra. Heck even a new good looking glaive is coming out. Plus people will get to enjoy sentients. PLUS were getting Volt Prime. So if your not happy with the Warframe that alot of players WILL BE HAPPY WITH. Then you still have all the other things people would be happy with. Personally the only thing that would have made me happy IS the Volt prime till I saw the design of Chroma which blew my mind away. Not to mention they didnt say what prime items will be released with Volt Prime either. So that is another bonus factor that helps DE out immensely. One warframe that abunch of people are crying about looks ugly won't kill the game at all. Infact Limbo(Surprised by this), and Mesa haven't killed it... Zephy hasn't killed it. Alot of saving graces run along side these frames. I feel it would be best if DE manages to make a warframe for different groups of people to be happy. I haven't had a warframe in a good long time to be happy with. I usually stick to Excalibur, Banshee, and Volt. I have waited a LONG time to find an ideal warframe to add to my used set.

THIS might actually be the saving grace. Something new to play as... Something new I can enjoy for once.I simply have a good feeling about this. I got a good feeling people will enjoy his look a little bit more seeing him in game, and actually playing as him.

We all felt the same for Oberon along time ago thinking he looked stupid, but over time we got used to him. We love him now. Still abit dorky, but lovable regardless.

I didn't say that they never do anything right, I said that they did this wrong. Yes, that is just my opinion but it seems to be supported by the majority, or at least a plurality of the community. You keep saying that the forums are not representative of the community and that most ppl in game feel differently, but have absolutely no data to back that up. Nothing whatsoever. Your racist city analogy is horrible because this site is ideologically neutral. There is no reason to believe that the forums are not representative of the wider community. So I'll continue to rely on the only data we have, the forums and polls.

Actually I still think Oberon is awful along with Hydroid. People may learn to tolerate the frames they don't like, but once again, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. If you drink urine long enough you'll learn to deal. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't get upset if someone serves you urine when you asked for water.

Edited by jmforeman02

HAHAHAHHAHAHA >.> wheres does Chroma has something dat when u see him reminds u of this

Not exactly that, but I can see the whiskers that some versions dragons have, I see the two horns on the side of the head, The mouth and the scales that go back on it's spine(Which is easily seen on the first image, the model to the right of the middle one.).

Edited by Darkmoone1

He is so easy to guess what theme he supports ? If he is so easy to identify then why is this thread so full of people who have trouble seeing him as a dragon ?

Sorry man, i can't take you seriously anymore. Im out.

That should be obvious to you, given the attitudes common on these forums.

You're able to reach and spin justifications for things you like, but you don't extend that to things you don't like. It's a little hypocritical.

Actually, that's a pretty good comparison. The texture of the scales, the finned areas, the inside of the wings are all quite close.

I didn't say that they never do anything right, I said that they did this wrong. Yes, that is just my opinion but it seems to be supported by the majority, or at least a plurality of the community. You keep saying that the forums are not representative of the community and that most ppl in game feel differently, but have absolutely no data to back that up. Nothing whatsoever. Your racist city analogy is horrible because this site is ideologically neutral. There is no reason to believe that the forums are not representative of the wider community. So I'll continue to rely on the only data we have, the forums and polls.

Actually I still think Oberon is awful along with Hydroid. People may learn to tolerate the frames they don't like, but once again, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. If you drink urine long enough you'll learn to deal. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't get upset if someone serves you urine when you asked for water.

Congratulations, you earned my upvote for actually having spine when defending your argument. Unlike some others that shall not be named.