Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

because it IS a fan concept...they said that

its not like you came up with the idea

If they did I simply missed it.

Well i personally hope it is something like this

dcuo3zm8fxk2oy.jpg

I know this is a pic of my Char in another game but i would like the look XD

Ha! Is that a screenie of your character or something you found randomly? My G.Lantern had a similar appearance.

Dragon.

Dragons breathe different elements based on what color they are in D&D.

Steve said people weren't being nerdy enough.

D&D. Nerdy.

Makes way more sense then a rainbow frame given that he said in the stream it isn't rainbow frame. Light and prism are offshoots of rainbow and not likely either. Especially since Mirage is more or less the prism frame.

Dragon.

D&D. Nerdy.

Makes way more sense then a rainbow frame given that he said in the stream it isn't rainbow frame. Light and prism are offshoots of rainbow and not likely either. Especially since Mirage is more or less the prism frame.

going into the tinfoil hat realm...maybe this frame uses gravity to manipulate light?

It isn't going to be a Light frame. Light is one of the guesses DE specifically said "That's not it." about during the Livestream.

Also Mirage is apparently the Light Warframe.

speaking of which,,i rarely seen you even exisating before now,what prompted your re-emergence from the void?

speaking of which,,i rarely seen you even exisating before now,what prompted your re-emergence from the void?

Someone preformed a dark ritual and summoned me.

I'm always around. There was a very short stretch where I took a break to play some other things but I'm always trying to keep up with what the community here is doing.

It isn't going to be a Light frame. Light is one of the guesses DE specifically said "That's not it." about during the Livestream.

Also Mirage is apparently the Light Warframe.

So people now think it's Tiamat the Magic Dragonframe who lives down by "DE"?

I'm still hoping more for an "environmental adaptation" frame with his/her 4 being the ability to copy any other ability in YOUR warframe inventory. TSR's Tiamat was my favorite badass back in the 80s, but if you are concerned about recent "whimsical" designs straying from the path, this frame is going to be divisive on a whole new level.

Or maybe, just MAYBE it is a CHINESE ELEMENTAL frame and is closer to it's ninja roots as many vets are hoping. If it borrowed from ATLA ( the truly outstanding animated series) or Chinese cosmology/mythical animals and their directions/colors then Awesome.

LET US ALSO REMEMBER THAT THE "TENNO" OF ASIAN MYTH HAD COLORS AND DIRECTIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM.

http://onmarkproductions.com/html/S#&$enno.shtml

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Some people believe it's going to be Dragon
He has been very popular in the forums for a very long time together with Typhus
And Dragons in other media, can be any kind of dragon..
some spew Fire, others Ice, others poison and whatever..

All I am saying, no guarantee
It could be Dragon

Someone preformed a dark ritual and summoned me.

I'm always around. There was a very short stretch where I took a break to play some other things but I'm always trying to keep up with what the community here is doing.

long as it wasnt steve playing the song "awaken" by dethklok

same as the fact that im taking abit of a warframe breather to work on my art and im eagerly awaiting the new frame

He has been very popular in the forums for a very long time together with Typhus

It could be Dragon

http://onmarkproductions.com/html/S#&$enno.shtml. Read down...the Sh.itenno satisfy nearly EVERY criteria for what fans want:

Resurgence of the asian mystical warrior, color-based, and elemental power. Coincidentally (or not), 4 directions equals 4 powers.

It could be Dragon

If it's a dragon frame...

...then that will be the first Warframe I refuse to get.

http://onmarkproductions.com/html/S#&$enno.shtml. Read down...the S#&$enno satisfy nearly EVERY criteria for what fans want:

Resurgence of the asian mystical warrior, color-based, and elemental power. Coincidentally (or not), 4 directions equals 4 powers.

asian mystical warrior...im not liking where this is going

why cant we have more viking based?

Dragon.

D&D. Nerdy.

That does certainly sound nerdy my friend

This makes me want to ask why. Would there be something wrong with that?

To me, yes.

I don't get some people's obsession with dragons and dragon themed things. I think dragons are just, well, "meh." 

Granted I do play Skyrim some. Though it's more for the DLC quest lines and other quest lines (Companions, Dark Brotherhood, etc) than the main quest (which I found rather dull). Conveniently, dragon's don't seem to spawn if I don't do the main quest (past the quest before killing the dragon at the Western Watchtower).

To me, yes.

I don't get some people's obsession with dragons and dragon themed things. I think dragons are just, well, "meh." 

Granted I do play Skyrim some. Though it's more for the DLC quest lines and other quest lines (Companions, Dark Brotherhood, etc) than the main quest (which I found rather dull). Conveniently, dragon's don't seem to spawn if I don't do the main quest (past the quest before killing the dragon at the Western Watchtower).

Ah gotcha. Fair enough. I guess everyone has a cliche or two they just can't stand.

This makes me want to ask why. Would there be something wrong with that?

On a visceral level, many fear that DE is slowly losing an identity that is cherished. One of Warframe's greatest challenges is to continue to evolve while honoring it's core themes.

The worry for some is that Chroma the Dragonframe is half-way to Bronyframe. I'm sure I'll get some agreement on this fear :).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony

To me, yes.

To be fair, half the fascination with dragons has been that it's a worldwide phenomenon. Almost every culture has some variation on it in their oldest mythologies - the Western Wyrms and Lindworms and Wyverns, the Eastern Lungs and Ryus, the feathered Coatls of South America... the dragon of Revelation in Hebrew mythology, the Babylonian dragons, the Egyptian god Apophis, the dragon from the Iliad and the Argonautica, etc. It's a universal symbol signifying different varieties of fear and respect, that several cultures came up with separately.

The other half is that they're awesome.

The scaly Death Stars of classical mythology, and who wouldn't want their own Death Star?

Edited by Archwizard