The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Another 264 pages and I think we'll get to the bottom of whether Chroma looks like an anteater or not. 

Well, since most people can not decide what it is, we can agree that whatever it was themed, it did not succeed. And yes, it is ugly like hell.

Chroma - unique looking and weird to people

Other frames - look like people

People dont find dragons to be normal therefore strange looking and mythical. And even monstrous looking.

Side note chroma is not an eastern dragon more like Greek dragons lol long thin snouts with bulky bodies. And chroma in greek means color

Well, since most people can not decide what it is, we can agree that whatever it was themed, it did not succeed. And yes, it is ugly like hell.

Plz dont offend Hell it has nothing to do on how ugly Chroma looks even hell has banned him for ever steping there . That is how unholy ugly he is

Edited by AMDMAD

The Chroma in the middle (facing us) appears to have a different helmet than the one hunched over on the right. 

Middle Chroma:

1. The helm seems to have a single horn-thing that protrudes & connects at the top. 

2. Appears to have whisker-like things that extend off the helm. 

Right Chroma:

3. The helmet looks to have two short horns on the left & right side of his head with one smaller protrusion in the middle. 

? - No whisker-things

The Chroma on the left seems to have differences with its helmet as well. This was just something I thought I'd point out. Could be nothing. 

jsncs4.png

Original:

2vmsyop.png

Well, the majority of the hate is being directed at the helmet, and we still have not seen the alternate helmet. 

If you say, "But alt helmets cost plat!!1! Why would I spend plat to make a frame look good?/??", you are answering your own question in your question. You spend plat on alternate helmets to make them look good. We've seen it with Banshee (shovel knight?), we've seen it with Mirage (frogger?), and we're seeing it now with Chroma (Anteater.)

"But I don't want to spend money to get something to fix the look of a frame that should have looked better from the start!" No need, just run Voids before the update and pawn off the spoils in Trade. No big deal.

"I don't like Trade..." Well...

Nicholson.gif

Well, the majority of the hate is being directed at the helmet, and we still have not seen the alternate helmet. 

If you say, "But alt helmets cost plat!!1! Why would I spend plat to make a frame look good?/??", you are answering your own question in your question. You spend plat on alternate helmets to make them look good. We've seen it with Banshee (shovel knight?), we've seen it with Mirage (frogger?), and we're seeing it now with Chroma (Anteater.)

"But I don't want to spend money to get something to fix the look of a frame that should have looked better from the start!" No need, just run Voids before the update and pawn off the spoils in Trade. No big deal.

Nicholson.gif

I love you. XD

I really feel like it looks like Chroma's a warframe that's partly infested, or wearing an infested corpse on his back. And everyone mostly reacted badly because from what I've seen, many don't feel he's a dragon.

Anyway what does everyone think? Would it matter?

Nicholson.gif

In reality it is not just the helmet that could be improved.

It would have been more effective to not mention the theme before it came out. It has dragon like themes, but it there isn't enough "dragon" there for the common knowledge to see. However, people can pick up very quickly that it is an infested styled frame, so it would have been better marketing, in my opinion.

But, really, we can't judge a frame by his looks. Limbo was the same way, and he turned out to be a solid frame after the fixes.