Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mini-Boss Idea] Derf Anyo, Son Of Nef [The Immortal Megathread]

DE is working on tad too many bosses at once. The current ones at work are Tyl Regor, Nef/Derf Anyo, Kela de Thaym... And then the Archwing J3-Golem.

Huh, is that the confirmed release order? I figured that Kela would be after J3.

Unfortunately, if the concept art holds true, he's supposed to come with Nef Anyo's rework. So basically we're going to have to fight and possibly kill a random spoiled clumsy rich kid.

If he had to be in the game at all, I wish it were just a quick mention by name or something.

EDIT: I was really hoping I was wrong or confused. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Derf_Anyo

*groan*

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

What happened to him?

He was a fan concept, and for the sake of the greater good, he stayed that way.

Unfortunately, if the concept art holds true, he's supposed to come with Nef Anyo's rework. So basically we're going to have to fight and possibly kill a random spoiled clumsy rich kid.

If he had to be in the game at all, I wish it were just a quick mention by name or something.

EDIT: I was really hoping I was wrong or confused. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Derf_Anyo

*groan*

The only way I feel he would work as a permanent addition:

1) They need to change the name. Derf Anyo is FAR too close to the "Derp Anyo" joke that inspired him. Removing the "r" would be enough - Def Anyo, sounds MUCH more reasonable.

2) They need to give him an interesting personality, something that works OTHER than just being a "Corpus Teenager" - imo, if they turned him into a dark foil to Darvo (i.e. what Darvo might have become if he had joined his father on the Board) he'll be MUCH more interesting.

As he stands now, all I can hear with him is a grating "skater/surfer dude" voice, talking about our "mondo cool" Warframes as he comes in to help out his "old man". It grates my ears JUST thinking about it.

These are just my opinions, however, and I'm STILL thankful that he's not QUITE as stupid as "John Prodman".

The only way I feel he would work as a permanent addition:

1) They need to change the name. Derf Anyo is FAR too close to the "Derp Anyo" joke that inspired him. Removing the "r" would be enough - Def Anyo, sounds MUCH more reasonable.

2) They need to give him an interesting personality, something that works OTHER than just being a "Corpus Teenager" - imo, if they turned him into a dark foil to Darvo (i.e. what Darvo might have become if he had joined his father on the Board) he'll be MUCH more interesting.

As he stands now, all I can hear with him is a grating "skater/surfer dude" voice, talking about our "mondo cool" Warframes as he comes in to help out his "old man". It grates my ears JUST thinking about it.

These are just my opinions, however, and I'm STILL thankful that he's not QUITE as stupid as "John Prodman".

I imagined his voice more along the lines of Neil Goldman from Family Guy.

Huh, is that the confirmed release order? I figured that Kela would be after J3.

AFAIK there is no confirmed release order, nor release dates. J3 was announced six months ago, Kela was announced one month ago. And Mutualist Alad V was announced two weeks before he was released. There is no rule.

DE will release them when they feel they are right. And now, with the introduction of Raids, maybe they have scratched their old plans and transformed them into Raid bosses.

I imagined his voice more along the lines of Neil Goldman from Family Guy.

*looks up voice*

*ehhhmmmmhmmmmmm's and shrugs*

I think that might be a little TOO strong, but I'd say it's got the right direction. The proper filters and a less-comical attitude and it could be pretty good.

AFAIK there is no confirmed release order, nor release dates. J3 was announced six months ago, Kela was announced one month ago. And Mutualist Alad V was announced two weeks before he was released. There is no rule.

DE will release them when they feel they are right. And now, with the introduction of Raids, maybe they have scratched their old plans and transformed them into Raid bosses.

I hope not. I REALLY want to see at least ONE Archwing boss for every faction that is accessed through normal missions. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tenno, I have trained, I will defeat you! Lower your blade so i can end this quickly!!1

Tenno, i will noscope you with my Lanka Vandal!

- Upon doing special moves

U MAD!? CAN'T TOUCH ME! U MAD!?

-Upon missing him, which is quite hard.

• 3 weeks later...

ALAS, WE HAVE SEEN NEF ANYO'S GLORIOUS BEARD. GLORY TO THE BEARD.

Now then. We shall have Derf's glorious platform boots. YESSS.

This is going to be great.

(Derf confirmed alive in latest stream, coming with Nef.)

Edited by SJunior

• 2 weeks later...