Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe On Windows 10

RobWasHere

Better OS-s than 8 still. <_<

For sure. The only blue screens of death I ever had was on Win98 and Win8.1.

And I've had numerous systems: 95/98, NT3.5, 2000, Me, XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 ...

I haven't had a BSOD since 98 and haven't been expecting one since XP. But sure enough, 8.1 was there to fahk things up. And the cherry on the cake: I've had games working on 8 which stopped working on 8.1. I even have Windows Explorer crashing regularly on 8.1.

Edited by SHIR0B0N

Wait.... There was a windows 9?

Well, think of it this way :

Windows 95 - Prototype

Windows 98 SE - Very good

Windows ME - Horrible

Windows XP - Excellent

Windows Vista - Horrible

Windows 7 - Excellent

Windows 8/8.1 - Generally considered bad for anything other than tablets and touch-enabled devices

Windows 9 - Given the trend, should have been good

Windows 10 - Should be great, according to Microsoft because they skipped 9 (the theorically good one) in order to make 10 even better.

My plan is to have my laptop go from Window 8.1 to 10 while keeping my gaming PC on Windows 7 until I can either confirm 10 will be an actual upgrade or that 7 reaches its end of life.

Only on games that use the DirectX 12 API though. So far there are none.

There is a lot of talk about new DX11 cards will be compatible with DX12, tho knowing game industry and GPU manufacturers policies, we will need new DX12 cards for games that will run on DX12.

There is a lot of talk about new DX11 cards will be compatible with DX12, tho knowing game industry and GPU manufacturers policies, we will need new DX12 cards for games that will run on DX12.

No not really. Nvidia has confirmed that most people now could run DX12 with the hardware they have. The only problem is that DX12 is exclusive to Win10, and that no game industry has the tools to develop games with DX12 yet. The problem will be the operating systems that people have now, and if they're willing to make a change to Win10.

I don't understand the Windows 8 hate, it's literally a better optimized Windows 7 at the core, just with the Metro interface included. Which, I may add, you can completely disregard and boot straight to the desktop. I've been using it for over a year and a half now with almost no problems at all.

I don't understand the Windows 8 hate, it's literally a better optimized Windows 7 at the core, just with the Metro interface included. Which, I may add, you can completely disregard and boot straight to the desktop. I've been using it for over a year and a half now with almost no problems at all.

are you a wizard?

9 was Windows 95/98 which was good

10 seems to be a mix between 8 & 7 so hopefully it'll be good with games.

It's good with some games. It's not good with some MMOs. It's good with Warframe though.

Like, for example, it's good with APB and Warframe, but not with DCUO.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Id like too know if its true that Windows 10 will be better for gaming or not? I have currently the dam Windows 8 and I never really hated the learning curve like many who did but it sure as heck wasn't "necessary" in my mind. More fancy whistles then anything.

Also if Xbox One is going too be using the new Windows 10 and I had seen they were going too let us play Xbox games on our PC maybe cross platform gaming can start too become a thing now and not just a dream of the past. Then again I do not have high hopes for that or that Windows made it just simply for this reason, its not been ever done for a reason so again not expecting it.

The problem will be the operating systems that people have now, and if they're willing to make a change to Win10.

Which is probably the prime motivation behind the free upgrade to Windows 10.

However, at my work there's been some troubling talk about Windows 10 possibly being a "Subscription" based operating system; that "Free for the first year" simply means "Free updates for the first year* [size=2]*After 1 year users will have to pay $/month to continue receiving updates and support for Windows 10[/size]"

Basically pulling an Office-365 but with an entire operating system, and that people upgrading from 7 and 8 get one year free without having to pay. That's the fear.

I know right? It seems more like one person spoke out (probably because of the lack of a "start menu") about it and everyone got on the bandwagon. It is almost the same as Windows 7, just some slight UI changes and they made optimizations to the OS itself making it run better.

Edited by Reidmaster

Which is probably the prime motivation behind the free upgrade to Windows 10.

However, at my work there's been some troubling talk about Windows 10 possibly being a "Subscription" based operating system; that "Free for the first year" simply means "Free updates for the first year* *After 1 year users will have to pay $/month to continue receiving updates and support for Windows 10"

Basically pulling an Office-365 but with an entire operating system, and that people upgrading from 7 and 8 get one year free without having to pay. That's the fear.

It better not turn into this... I hate everything about subscription based software. (Do I need to even explain why?!?)

win 10 will be free for the first year for all win 7 and win 8 users

Really? Free? Such a bloody pain in the keister to reinstall windows and all my games/software....

Now if it's 1 year free then sub fee then no ty.

Edited by fizbit

Really? Free? Such a bloody pain in the keister to reinstall windows and all my games/software....

Now if it's 1 year free then sub fee then no ty.

Yep, it's free for the first year for Windows 7/8/8.1 users. Now, I'm running the Windows 10 Technical Preview and didn't have to reinstall my software/games, but maybe you'll have to when the full one is released.