Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'teehee! We Might Be Touching Desecrate...!' No. Be Straight With Us.

-FV-Wsocks

I think it's pretty apparent that they think their game is a joke by now. Ember was given a useless AOE attack that doesn't scale (obviously because what damaging abilities do scale?), doesn't give panic status, and requires line of site. They also made her 4 a toggleable ability now, you can't pick up energy while it's active and it requires 50 energy to activate, meaning: "say goodbye to all of your energy!!!" But hey, what else were you going to use it on? accelerate? BWAHAHAHA. Funny that, even though she's still absolute trash, they still go on stream in front of a few thousand people and say: "We think ember's in a good place right now." Seriously? I think they've said that atleast 2 other times in previous ember "buffs". If you can't balance one frame, why make more?

Bernies-fingers.jpg

"yeah, I'm going to need about this much more armor, thanks dude"

Edited by Towermice

I'm literally on my phone.

I posted an image of Jesus christ face palming at your statement that DE thinks their game is a joke. Because seriously, do you actually believe any game dev that has poured blood and tears into their game thinks it's a pointless joke?

Because lemme tell you right now:

They don't. Especially not a game as big as WF.

I posted an image of Jesus christ face palming at your statement that DE thinks their game is a joke. Because seriously, do you actually believe any game dev that has poured blood and tears into their game thinks it's a pointless joke?

Because lemme tell you right now:

They don't. Especially not a game as big as WF.

Did you really think I was being serious when I said that? anyways, the game is going in a downward spiral into the sun and quick right now, if the "2.0's" this year don't fix the massive issues we have right now, I'm willing to bet that this game is as good as dead. Edited by Towermice

To make everyone happy,they shouldn't nerf desecrate usefulness but set the other abilities ON PAR with it.

That's...

Do I really even need to explain this?  Owait it's the internet of course I do.

How exactly can anything be "on par" with a loot reroll in a loot driven game exactly?  I'll give you a hangman style hint on the answer;  _t  c_n_o_

While Necros can be played in a way that doesn't devolved into 3333333333 repeated indefinitely, the usefulness and uniqueness of such a trait perpetuates the overuse of the skill.  Even moreso it creates a sort of stigma where any and all Nekros players are outright expected to spam Desecrate.  And really, can you blame them for expecting it?  The ability skews Nekros's kit to a haphazardous degree.

It's safe to say DE never intended Nekros to be viewed as almost exclusively a "reroll mah phat lootz" frame.  That is how he's being viewed and played by a vast amount of players (I too use the hell out of Desecrate mind you).  This falls in-line sort of where Ember's Overheat did.  It's a skill that's caused a frame to mutate outside of where DE wanted it to exist thematically.  That's a good a reason as any to implement changes.

That's...

Do I really even need to explain this?  Owait it's the internet of course I do.

How exactly can anything be "on par" with a loot reroll in a loot driven game exactly?  I'll give you a hangman style hint on the answer;  _t  c_n_o_

While Necros can be played in a way that doesn't devolved into 3333333333 repeated indefinitely, the usefulness and uniqueness of such a trait perpetuates the overuse of the skill.  Even moreso it creates a sort of stigma where any and all Nekros players are outright expected to spam Desecrate.  And really, can you blame them for expecting it?  The ability skews Nekros's kit to a haphazardous degree.

It's safe to say DE never intended Nekros to be viewed as almost exclusively a "reroll mah phat lootz" frame.  That is how he's being viewed and played by a vast amount of players (I too use the hell out of Desecrate mind you).  This falls in-line sort of where Ember's Overheat did.  It's a skill that's caused a frame to mutate outside of where DE wanted it to exist thematically.  That's a good a reason as any to implement changes.

What I meant was to make the focus on desecrate vanish a little to the benefit of Soul punch,Terrify & Shadows of the dead.

I seriously don't know how they could nerf desecrate enough to not cause an uproar of +50% of Nekros playerbase. :/

I was part of those who didn't equip desecrate mod before that power scale thing (in other words,people who try to avoid using a frame too narrowy)

but making this power subpar will make forums fall in hysteria, imo.

He really needs the Oberon treatment!

Edited by unknow99

What I meant was to make the focus on desecrate vanish a little to the benefit of Soul punch,Terrify & Shadows of the dead.

I seriously don't know how they could nerf desecrate enough to not cause an uproar of +50% of Nekros playerbase. :/

I was part of those who didn't equip desecrate mod before that power scale thing (in other words,people who try to avoid using a frame too narrowy)

but making this power subpar will make forums fall in hysteria, imo.

He really needs the Oberon treatment!

Problem is though, he'd still be the only frame with a loot reroll if Desecrate isn't reigned in somehow.  Trying to merely buff his other skills to compensate would inevitably lead to a place where you just run a team of 4 Nekros....Nekroses..... Nekri?  on any given mission, with one of the three being the Desecrate guy, and the rest using his other great/outstanding abilities.  If a mission ends up with only one Nekros?  Guess what he's back to being the Desecrate guy.

Just to note;  I think a standardized "nerf" on Desecrate as is with no other changes would likely be a bad idea in all cases.  Let it keep some light looting maybe as a side thing, but give it some other beneficiary thing.  Heck they could even give it some form of duration based power after its initial cast and slap on the "power in use" thing.  Instantly preventing Desecrate spam.  They could, with that possible type of change, marginally increase Desecrate's initial loot spawning chance, cut back on 3spam, and make the ability less mindless all in one swipe.

Then again on the other hand, I'm okay with letting folks rage about junk.  Things were hilarious around here when Trinity's Blessing lost its invulnerability.  Goodness I'm mean spirited about this sort of thing.  *devilish grin* muahahahaha

Problem is though, he'd still be the only frame with a loot reroll if Desecrate isn't reigned in somehow.  Trying to merely buff his other skills to compensate would inevitably lead to a place where you just run a team of 4 Nekros....Nekroses..... Nekri?  on any given mission, with one of the three being the Desecrate guy, and the rest using his other great/outstanding abilities.  If a mission ends up with only one Nekros?  Guess what he's back to being the Desecrate guy.

Just to note;  I think a standardized "nerf" on Desecrate as is with no other changes would likely be a bad idea in all cases.  Let it keep some light looting maybe as a side thing, but give it some other beneficiary thing.  Heck they could even give it some form of duration based power after its initial cast and slap on the "power in use" thing.  Instantly preventing Desecrate spam.  They could, with that possible type of change, marginally increase Desecrate's initial loot spawning chance, cut back on 3spam, and make the ability less mindless all in one swipe.

Then again on the other hand, I'm okay with letting folks rage about junk.  Things were hilarious around here when Trinity's Blessing lost its invulnerability.  Goodness I'm mean spirited about this sort of thing.  *devilish grin* muahahahaha

A cooldown for desecrate? Hey it might work...

Ooooh you know..Trinity's godmode removal was something healthy for us. :p

People enter in a comfort zone (in this case find a way to become invincible!), it's a duty to do something for the sake of balance man...

It was fun to see first world whiners complain about this though.

tumblr_mapms62yDe1rut3y7o1_400.gif

I think they could boost his other skills and he still wouldn't be OP if you made them more useful. None of his other skills if boosted would make him OP really because he lacks CC, Healing and defense skills which is something required for any endgame runs. I really want to see his ULT be actually useful  instead of annoying because the clones just block your sight and do zero damage at any point in the game.

I hope DE is sly and smug about more stuff in the future just because it seems to irrationally grind some people gears.

The forums have entirely no chill.

Honestly, the forum community is a massive joke and needs to be laughed at more.

maybe then it might actually become something a bit easier to take seriously.

You only need to spend 5 minutes here to be drowned in a sea of entitled lulz.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I hope DE is sly and smug about more stuff in the future just because it seems to irrationally grind some people gears.

The forums have entirely no chill.

Honestly, the forum community is a massive joke and needs to be laughed at more.

maybe then it might actually become something a bit easier to take seriously.

You only need to spend 5 minutes here to be drowned in a sea of entitled lulz.

I love that DE gave a meaningless Tact Alert, because the last one was "too hard" lol. I hate that they say they want difficulty, but can't handle simple tactics.

Then they better effing fix the life support drops in Survival then

What's wrong with them?  I can't remember the last time I had to extract from a survival because of life support and not because of nigh-invincible heavy gunners.

edit: And on the topic of his other abilities, didn't they say Soul Punch was going to be "one handed" i.e. won't interrupt reloads and such?  That will be cool.

Edited by ArbitUHM

Then they better effing fix the life support drops in Survival then

They made huge adjustments to this problem months ago, but no one seems to remember.  They greatly increased how often they drop, and they also added new spawn areas.  I have run many a 60+ minute T4S without Nekros, longest was 100 minutes (we left cause to play it safe, not because of air).  All Nekros really does is make it so you never have to activate a capsule.

Edited by JakeRobber

As it stands I don't think desecrate should be touched. For desecrate to be touched, then a lot need to change with the current drop rates of things. Or desecrate needs to be added up as an additional step in one of Nekros's powers. 

One thing I would love to see though is Nekros's necromancy skills being an actual thing. I always thought it might be cool to go into a special state where Nekros can take over a dead body of his choosing and place it in the player's control resurrected, perhaps with a special set of skills unique to that resurrected type.