The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Use Kubrows If They Had Vacuum?

Volume

No. Kubrows suck. Who wants a companion that gets weaker by the day unless you flush money down the drain for it? Pretty dumb idea. Until they get rid of the money sink/DNA degeneration idea, I (and many others probably) won't use them anymore. 

Kubrow's already have a high maintenance or somewhat which I don't want to afford since I'm already busy with other stuff like trading / dojo / foundry / new weapons etc no reason to use Kubrows when my carrier is just fine. 

This^

Honestly, the idea of a kubrow picking up resources isn't a bad idea. Obviously they're not gonna run around with a vacuum tied to their back (which is the image I had in my head when reading the op title - just for laughs of course) but perhaps have them run often to the resources or have some sort of magnetic effect. I guess in the end I wouldn't use it though, like everyone's been mentioning, the resources to maintain your furry friend are to costly. I currently have all of mine in stasis.

No the offensive power of my Kubrow eclipses the sentinels. Vacume is nice for void missions like defense, interceptions.

Don't get me wrong, Kubrows have their flaws, but I wouldn't use a kubrow more just because it has vacume. 90% of the time I run with my kubrow.

They still are expensive to keep/maintain.

This is crazy talk.

Kubrows lose 10% max health per day.  Medicine heals them 40%.  So, you need to provide one medicine per four days.  You buy them in packs of 6, for 75K credits. This makes the unit cost for medicine 12.5K credits. At one medicine per four days, your daily upkeep cost for a kubrow is 3125 credits.

You would have to try very very hard to make less than that and still be playing Warframe at all.

I already love my Kubrow. I'd rather see some of their main issues fixed (excessive maintenance, timegating, inability to have more than one available at a time, tendency to play fetch with your explosives), but giving them a non-breed-exclusive Fetch mod would be wonderful. Something that pulls items to the Kubrow in a small range, and then they bring it to you or just simply hold them until you happen to run into them, perhaps. Which would make for some fun just-like-real-life situations where you try to get something out of your dog's mouth and they see it as a game of keepaway and prance about and wag their tail and it'd be so frustratingly adorable. :D

Of course, such changes could put Kubrows firmly ahead of Sentinels depending on who you ask... But Sentinels have their own problems that need fixing, most prominent of which being their fragility and the relative permanence of their death.

Edited by ToolboxMotley

To answer the question: no, not really. I would use them if i didn't have to wait 3 hours when i decide to use one or switch the breed.

The credit cost is not so much a credit sink (baro ki teer is an actual credit sink for comparison), but it's just another thing on top of everything that's wrong with kubrows that annoys me and i imagine other people as well. I have no problem giving those credits and feeding them meds.. but - i don't have to do anything of sorts for sentinels, sentinels don't get away, and if a sentinel gets blown up you just go 'whatever', which i find is not the case with kubrows, for me. Perhaps coz i own a dog or something :P That, and the prospect of permanently losing one, even if the likelihood of that is minimal since i play regularly, is not something i'm ok with, so i put them in stasis if i'm not a 100% sure i'm going to use them, which brings me back around to the stupid cooldown. (feral kubrows don't wait 3 hours to attack me when they come out of their burrows).

i got a bit ranty there, i apologize.

Edited by belcebub

It's very simple. One pet is free to use, and the other is not.

I am genuinely baffled why nobody seems to appreciate the fact that kubrows have bleedout/revive mechanics, making it almost impossible to have them die out from under you...   While sentinels get one-shotted by random AOE attacks and leave you without a companion for the rest of the mission.

I am genuinely baffled why nobody seems to appreciate the fact that kubrows have bleedout/revive mechanics, making it almost impossible to have them die out from under you...   While sentinels get one-shotted by random AOE attacks and leave you without a companion for the rest of the mission.

Don't forget, mods help increase the durability of sentinels. The regen mod also helps them respawn in those games you find yourself playing for a long while. Heals can also be applied to sentinels. So, it's not like they're just a “one-hit-quit”.

I suppose each has their pros and cons, but right now I think what most people are trying to imply is their resources are being put to use on other things and they can't put resources towards leveling up kurbow mods, using forma and potatoing them while also sinking credits for DNA stabilizers. To be fair, not all players are rich, and most find themselves still trying to make themselves strong enough so they can survive longer or move forward in the game.

Maybe.

The Kubrows are too expensive for what they do. They take quite a few breedings to get them to really high stats that'll make them dependable in higher level missions.

Their maintenance fee is quite high and really unless you're playing a couple hours a day, in which not all of us do, it's not viable to keep one unfrozen.

If they had some kinda vacuum ability, let's call it Fetch, have it pick up loot only so no health/energy orbs and perhaps make it so it gathers within a radius of the Kubrow itself so if it wanders off it'll fetch us stuff wherever it moves around to then great.

But something needs to make them more worth our time and credits. I know the vets don't need to worry cause their sitting on several hundred thousand to several million credits but someone of us rarely get into the 6-digit credit range and just cause you find it easy doesn't mean it doesn't need fixing or at least balancing out.

Would love to see more things for Kubrows to do mod wise. I mean one can grab VIP targets in Capture missions, how about a % chance whenever we get downed to come help us? Maybe not a full revive but how about they'll stop our bleed out counter for a bit like adding extra time to it?

Another idea would be for Kubrows to have some kinda gang mentality ability? Where A Kubrow could mark a challenging enemy and the rest will target it to take it down together? That'd be great for Nullifiers, Heavy Gunners, and Bombards.

I don't care if my sentinel died, even though it only die when I am down. Properly mod sentinel can take some punishing and it move with the player, player have the intelligence to avoid line of fire while kubrow with its dumb Ai always charge and die in some S#&$hole forcing you to risk everything to try to revive it. In some match, I even having trouble reviving my team, let alone risking it for a stupid pet. Also, there's also loyalty drop everytime the kubrow died, you only can restore it three time a day.

My Sentinel NEVER dies unless I do first and it becomes cannon fodder.

My Kubrows all dropped regularily 2-3 times a game... they can stay in stasis and rot for all care.