Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immersion Ruined.

OfficerBeepsky

Okay, so end of level on ship missions.

Why, exactly, does every enemy ship, have a conveniently built room, with four tenno shaped holes in the wall. And what the heck are the external shapes of these vessels anyway? The sheer size and shape of some of these maps is absurd! And since you can see into space on some of the tiles, we can assume that generally, on any of those maps, those spots are tracing along the outside of the hull.

AND EVEN BEYOND THAT, THE SPACING OF THE HOLES IN THE EXTRACTION ROOMS.

The lisets would all be /inside/ each other. HOW DOES THIS WORK. Oh god.

OP, I think you technically right. But, then why artificial gravity without spinning the ships? Why does space travel not take months and years, space is super big? If answer to why space travel doesn't take so long is FTL, how does that conform to the theory of relativity? Why is there sound in space? How can the Lisets be stealth in space? There is no stealth in space ever. Why does the extra dimensional space called the void grant super magic powers to some and horribly mutate others?

Its space opera, best not to get hung up on the little stuff.

Interesting fact. Somebody asked George Lucas why all the cat walks and bridges have no guard rails in Star Wars. His reply, there are no guard rails in space opera.

The lisets kind of act like those fish that stick to sharks and stuff by sucking in with their mouths. They either breach some other kind of ports or cut a rectangle in the hull, the 'tenno shape' is the visible part of the liset's hatch.

So I guess we're hitching a ride in the spaceship version of killer fleas.

Why, exactly, does every enemy ship, have a conveniently built room, with four tenno shaped holes in the wall. And what the heck are the external shapes of these vessels anyway? The sheer size and shape of some of these maps is absurd! And since you can see into space on some of the tiles, we can assume that generally, on any of those maps, those spots are tracing along the outside of the hull.

This is the start of  along journey into madness, if one is foolish enough to look even further.

I have played MANY MMO and this is literally the only game that has had posts about "muh immersion herp herp"

You know what also breaks my immersion? Chat, we should remove that because when people talk about things outside the game or the game as a game it makes me remember that the Tenno arent real and that Im not really a space ninja more like samurai but who really cares.

Even worse is plat, we need to just completely disconnect the game from reality so I can escape and pretend that Warframe is my world and having real world money involved just ruins that...

Please....this immersion S#&$ is stupid

EDIT: Its also been stated this was from the original Dark Sector idea and has mostly been place holder for pretty much ever. Its not an important thing and theyll change it when they get around to it.

Edited by Echoa

Honestly, I always thought it was pretty silly, and stupid in regards to the enemy. 

It'd be cool if they change how we leave missions. 

As for the shape of ships, if you glitch outside of the map, you will see that every room you go in, be it inside or outside is concealed in a cube-shape of space. Going outside that space will have you fall into a black void until you die.

An Orokin dunnit.

BOOBS

On topic: meh- It would be better if there was only one, or a cutscene where we jump to the space and get picked up- like in real life evacuation operation, you don't get something specificaly built, but a oh-sh*t-let's-get-there kind of evac point.