The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade And Gun Challenge: Candid Camera

DE_Adam

Last week Tenno were tasked with testing their patience in accuracy at a distance, and you guys certainly didn't disappoint.  Check out this week's Blade and Gun Challenge to see who was crowned Champion, and get all the details on this week's Challenge.

As a quick reminder:

Entry to Blade and Gun Challenge: Candid Camera closes Thursday, Feb 12 at 12:00pm EST.  All submissions must be delivered before that date.

Good luck, Tenno!

-DE_Adam

Just to clarify, do we need to run the entire mission without killing or being detected, or do we just need to complete the objective and get at least one screenshot of a cam kill without being detected?

While the spirit of the contest would certainly appreciate a full stealth run, your submission only needs to include mentioned requirements!  After you get the perfect shot, you can feel free to deliver the perfect shot(s) to your enemies.

Does it count that we're not detected because we've assassinated everyone in the room without them being the wiser (with the stealth bonus as proof)?

Unfortunately no, but perhaps that would make for an excellent challenge in the future!

I hope this submission is correct. First pic is the actual takedown. While I used banshee, I didn't use silence nor sonar to take down a camera that was pointing in the direction I needed to go.

qQDO4Bx.jpg

And this is my loadout for it:

K4zLuRO.jpg

I am sorry, but this really calls for an old-school shot.
This was a long time ago. April 18, 2013 according to facebook. back when i started and tried to run everything solo.

Ran into the rooms, with my brand-new Paris.
Shot one guy and realized another was going for the alarm. So I let him get to it. And now hes never leaving it..
http://i.imgur.com/E0CE4zX.jpg

This was back when i didnt believe in using the powers, hence why its static 50 power.

Ever kinda just sat and waited till enemies went into a room and back out just to shoot them in the face?

That's what happened. I waited for them to come back out, shot the cam and then proceeded to pelt them down!

Hush for the win man!

apu5tD7.jpg

And me loadout :)

mRMliJU.jpg

Edited by Tokenza

Doesn't apply for multiple enemies because when I aimed I accidentally hid the MOA on my left and only saw later.

Does the proximity and the split second before being noticed count, at least? Haha.

5nnGVms.jpg

Wob3nle.jpg

Also I just noticed the first post is also a Banshee using Dread.

First time I've got to see the Rakta glow, though, so that's nice.

loadout:

by the way stripes is the digging kubrow. was gona remove him to prevent any confusion but i forgot.pvZzc79.jpg

entery:

3LUJsda.jpgall the blueish lightning is shocking the corpus crewmen i think

other images for fun:

more or less honorable mentions

Im5zgdj.jpg

4SNKG3e.jpg

this one almost won... almost...

i recorded using fraps and i used gimp to crop some of the stills from the video. i don't know if other people do this or if its allowed but its much easier than binding a key to take screenshots.

Edited by Kinzuko

Quick question: Do "alerted" cameras count as alerted enemies? Nevermind, the camera should be dead anyways.

EDIT: With enemies somehow knowing where I was left and right, this one took a ridiculously long time to get. Enjoy!

CHALLENGE: Mesa only has her trusty "sidearm" with her, and in this case she needed to fire the bullet to get rid of the little box above and in front. Only time can tell if the Corpus will know what was happening at that moment...

REMARKS: Hopefully the picture captures the "BANG!" feeling of the melee weapon!

FINAL SUBMISSION:

Attempt: "It's All Trust, Ol' Buddy." Use this one for judging.

wfbLyqb.jpg

Loadout:

hoE1VOM.jpg

Snapshot Gallery (for those wanting to look at the series of pictures taken for this submission)

Fun Stuff (Not for Submitting):

That one moment where you want the enemies to spread out for a better picture... -___-"

8AUybmV.jpg

Would've been good, but they were too attentive!

qLQwW2w.jpg

"Every move counts when one's life is on the line..."

(Not chosen due to only single enemy :[)

1ATafWh.jpg

Edited by Celestics