Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Getting Primed Reach And Actually Use It ?

AkerTheSpjot

They realized Primed Streamline would break whatever semblance of balance is left so they are desperately tossing out anything they can think of to burn out the ducat farmers buying these junk mods.

That's just not true.  You'd be able to gain 30% duration, or a mod slot with 55% efficiency instead of 75%.  You can already run max power strength if you don't mind using restores like candy, and they are still for the most part weaker than your guns for high level enemies when maxed but stronger than your guns for mid-level missions even without max strength.

How is that game breaking?  Would be well worth having more options.

If that's how you feel you should just ask them for primed ammo drum and intruder.  Because we can't have mods that are worth using, make you stronger, or mods that change the way you play.

Edited by SleepingSentry

Got it, if it stays the way it is some weapons just got really OP. Just imagine, Galatine with with like 12 meter range.

(Goddamn son, I find you everywhere on this forum)

The range on primed reach is ridiculous, cant wait to $&*^ around with it

That's just not true.  You'd be able to gain 30% duration, or a mod slot with 55% efficiency instead of 75%.  You can already run max power strength if you don't mind using restores like candy, and they are still for the most part weaker than your guns for high level enemies when maxed but stronger than your guns for mid-level missions even without max strength.

How is that game breaking?  Would be well worth having more options.

If that's how you feel you should just ask them for primed ammo drum and intruder.  Because we can't have mods that are worth using, make you stronger, or mods that change the way you play.

So I max Primed Streamline and use a 2 rank Fleeting Expertise for 75% efficiency for only a 20% duration loss.

Compare this with running a max Streamline and a 4 rank Fleeting Expertise for 70% efficiency and 40% duration loss.

Though it doesn't seem like it, that 20% duration makes a difference. Some people may even choose to forego Fleeting Expertise altogether for 55% efficiency, an open mod slot for some other power juicing mod, and no duration loss. Primed Streamline would offer a lot in terms of build consolidation and boosting, but it would be very dangerous in terms of balance because people would be able to spam more powers with any number of other modifications to get that much more room clearing power.

I've seen people wish upon a star for Primed Stretch, and that's even worse. If you think you've seen enough Rhinoobs nuke rooms with stomp...

So the short of it is that basic power mods would probably be a bit too much.

That's just not true. You'd be able to gain 30% duration, or a mod slot with 55% efficiency instead of 75%. You can already run max power strength if you don't mind using restores like candy, and they are still for the most part weaker than your guns for high level enemies when maxed but stronger than your guns for mid-level missions even without max strength.

How is that game breaking? Would be well worth having more options.

If that's how you feel you should just ask them for primed ammo drum and intruder. Because we can't have mods that are worth using, make you stronger, or mods that change the way you play.

Prime Streamline just allows you to completely ignore the corrupted penalty so that you can use everything with no negative side effects. Ppl are opposed to it because its blatantly overpowered in conjunction with everything that you can use it with.

There isn't a single Tenno in this game that doesn't know this. May not admit to it, but know it

Edited by Kartumterek

(Goddamn son, I find you everywhere on this forum)

Really? I don't even post that much!

Prime Streamline just allows you to completely ignore the corrupted penalty so that you can use everything with no negative side effects. Ppl are opposed to it because its blatantly overpowered in conjunction with everything that you can use it with.

There isn't a single Tenno in this game that doesn't know this. May not admit to it, but know it

Yeah, the primed mods all screw with balance, but Primed Streamline probably the most.

Steve stated himself that energy is the only thing that limits our Ultimates, Primed Streamline would just allow us to make our 4s really cheap (45 energy is not much) without any real penalty. If you really need 75%, you can still get away with a R1 Fleeting Expertise.

Sadly, I feel like some frames need the Prime Mods, but that is more of a Frame problem and shouldn't be adressed by making everyone stronger.

Really? I don't even post that much!

Yeah, the primed mods all screw with balance, but Primed Streamline probably the most.

Steve stated himself that energy is the only thing that limits our Ultimates, Primed Streamline would just allow us to make our 4s really cheap (45 energy is not much) without any real penalty. If you really need 75%, you can still get away with a R1 Fleeting Expertise.

Sadly, I feel like some frames need the Prime Mods, but that is more of a Frame problem and shouldn't be adressed by making everyone stronger.

A week after Prime Streamline comes out there will massive nerfs across the board. OR, they are proactive and do something about it before they release it.

I'd much rather they hold off

8x energy siphon, prime flow, prime streamline plus everything else... lol at eximus drain

Edited by Kartumterek

Yeah... I'm not sure how Primed Reach made it in the game TBH. I don't have it yet, but it's clear that it's going to get downright cartoonish with whips and polearms.

It does not work on whips. Just FYI, before you spend 300 plat thinking you figured out something OP.

They realized Primed Streamline would break whatever semblance of balance is left so they are desperately tossing out anything they can think of to burn out the ducat farmers buying these junk mods. Once they dilute the prime part droprates a bit more with things like orokin cells and need to generate hype they'll start making good primed mods again.

THIS^ +1

gun damage mods are more game breaking then primed streamline

No theyre not. Because you actually have to press Mouse 1 to shoot an ENEMY. With primed streamline you press 4 to wipe a room.

Then you press 4 again and again and so on because youll never run out of energy.

Primed streamline isnt happening, get over it. Devs already talk A LOT about the focus system getting a 'black eye', meaning theyre adding something that will trivialize it so they have to come up with something else for it. So it means that they wont add a primed mod that will trivialize fleeting expertise and streamline.

pressing 4 to clear rooms stops working when enemys reach high enough of a level, then it's jsut pres X for CC.

primed streamline isn't as game breaking because everyone pretty much already has infinite energy, whether it be through trinity or energy restores.

pressing 4 to clear rooms stops working when enemys reach high enough of a level, then it's jsut pres X for CC.

primed streamline isn't as game breaking because everyone pretty much already has infinite energy, whether it be through trinity or energy restores.

Well then why do you want primed streamline if you already have infinite energy? 

:)

That's not true either.  Damage is the only thing that limits our ultimates.  It falls off pretty quickly.  You can spam javelin on draco, saryn and ember's ult on T4E, etc, kill enemies super quickly without having max power strength - but those things completely suck for high level endless missions.  With the exception of mesa with a team built around her, buffed out and only on T4D by mirage and whoever else.   Who is probably using max power strength anyways if they're trying to go for 60 waves or some S#&$.

It would not break the game, it's already broken. Perma invulnerability and invisibility, fighting nothing but stunlocked statues, camping for hours in one mission, all this and more in warframe.  You're going to have to tell me specifically a way that primed streamline would make a warframe "too good", because I'm just not seeing it.   

All I can see is it opening up new viable alternatives, in addition to making some of the weaker frames slightly better - ember, valkyr, saryn, etc.  I can spam all 4 powers on my nova or banshee whenever necessary, entire rooms of enemies hit with max slow or 15x damage boost or more, room for 2 augments, without ever any need for restores or siphon.  Primed streamline wouldn't really make them any better because they are already godly.

This new primed reach mod is the same story...with all the power (ab)use already in this game, sacrificing damage for more reach on melee weapons doesn't really seem "too good" to me either.  Last time I checked most people don't even use melee weapons besides for coptering, just 4 spam and gammacor / soma / boltor prime - despite the fact that most frames and weapons can suffice in most situations.  Anybody who'd want it nerfed doesn't want us to have fun apparently.

Edited by SleepingSentry