Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Get Rid Of Grenades For Now?

SgtFlex

The worst thing about enemy grenades and explosives in general is they are basically binary. If you are in range, no matter what you take full damage even if you are behind a 3m thick wall. What is the point in taking cover in this game if explosives will hit you anyway?

1. They shouldn't go through walls, snow globe, volt's shield and absorb (killing your sentinel).

2. They should do less damage the further you are away from them, just like an Opticor.

And give us an indicator please, even Nyx doesn't know when enemies have thrown a grenade and she's psychic!

+1

I have no idea when but DE have implemented damage fall-off for certain Warframe abilities and weapons (Like MP, for example) and LoS for most  of our explosions and stuff. Enemies like (flipping corrupted) Bombards, Napalms and their grenades still, to this day, don't have LoS checks. There lies the problem.

grenades are the only reason why my entire team got instakilled while in snow globe during T4 defense. All of us were wondering wtf happened until another grenade downed all of us again. at least give us a heads up, or make the grenade visible like the leech ospreys hockey puck thing

grenades are the only reason why my entire team got instakilled while in snow globe during T4 defense. All of us were wondering wtf happened until another grenade downed all of us again. at least give us a heads up, or make the grenade visible like the leech ospreys hockey puck thing

Or just put line of sight checks on grenades. Then Snow Globe wouldn't be useless against the giant damage spheres they make.

Apparently there actually is an audio cue for grenades now, as well as a small delay before they explode, so you get more than a fraction of a second to hear them and get out of range. Still no visual indicators though, nor is there an ability to destroy/move them, so I imagine they can still be pretty problematic when defending a stationary objective. It's a start, but it could still use some work.

Visual indicators make a lot more sense than audible cues, because why would the enemy make grenades that beep for our convenience?

I have a much easier time believing that the Tenno "see" the grenades coming somehow, and know where they landed because they have super awesome situational awareness, like a space ninja would.

As a matter of fact, WE USED TO HAVE VISUAL INDICATORS, but they were removed at some point in favor of this much less sensible system. DE, bring back the red spiky hexagon! Or, you know, some reasonable equivalent.

On the matter of damage fallof and line-of-sight checks, I don't know enough about the current state of grenades to offer any useful feedback, really. If/when I encounter shenanigans, I'm sure I'll be irritated enough to come back here and rant about it :P

uhh...guys....play the game more often...they made grenades beep really loudly before exploding in like 16.5 

I'll admit I haven't ever seen a grenade for quite a while now and that enemies hardly throw them much but that doesn't mean they still aren't a problem.

And if they really do beep loudly, they might as well not beep since enemies literally snipe with grenades, the grenade fuse is like 1 second after it sticks to anything, the range is huge, the explosion damages anything in range (behind walls or not), they fly incredibly fast from the hand of the bad guy who threw it, etc etc. 

If anything, that loud beep only seems to be there to tell you, "Hey, buddy. You're about to suffer heavy damage which you have hope of escaping!"

I wonder if it'd be possible to hear DE's views about grenades (and other age old problems) and what they plan to do with them. Because it seems that the lack of action or possibly even recognition about them possibly stems from the fact that maybe the folks over at DE don't even recognise grenades as that big an issue.

I don't know.

Maybe they are talking about it in the Design forum (or whatever it's called). Maybe they aren't. Maybe someone up there has read through this thread. I'll bet on probably not.

uhh...guys....play the game more often...they made grenades beep really loudly before exploding in like 16.5

Great, so now in T4D you can roll out of the globe and into the bombards and heavy gunners waiting to take you down.

Right now, the only way to really go far in T4D is to take a -range Limbo and a +range Frost so Limbo can cast a safty bubble inside the actual safety bubble to avoid the blast damage from those things, while still allowing the team room to shoot. If Limbo is not present, the Frost is at risk of random death, and if Frost goes down once past wave 40 the game is over. Doesn't that sound stupid?

Great, so now in T4D you can roll out of the globe and into the bombards and heavy gunners waiting to take you down.

Right now, the only way to really go far in T4D is to take a -range Limbo and a +range Frost so Limbo can cast a safty bubble inside the actual safety bubble to avoid the blast damage from those things, while still allowing the team room to shoot. If Limbo is not present, the Frost is at risk of random death, and if Frost goes down once past wave 40 the game is over. Doesn't that sound stupid?

Best way to tackle T4 is bring Loki and slow Nova. Especially true for T4D and T4I. Leave poor losers behind alredy.

I really don't see the struggle of grenades, it basically phases simply by taking out a few shields or so, and this is using loki prime with redirection and vigor, but rockets on the other hand, is a real struggle

dude, as loki, the bombard you're facing should not have its ogris in the hand, first

...and, the thing that makes nades so op is the damage scaling with lvl ...i lvl1 mob from mercury will toss a nade on an experienced and geared player, he will laugh hard seeing only few damages, but the player gonna get insta-killed by the same nade tossed by lvl70/80 mobs ...can someone explain me what happens there, are the nades lvling ? do they rankup and gain strenght, stop kidding with that DE, please

now we have a little noise about to make it like a timer, but actually the reaction time is very short between the "oh shiet i hear a nade" and the move from that said player, in order to dodge/avoid being damaged, a longer fuse time would be much apreciated

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1

In that case, the fuse is longer now too, and by the way, rolling makes you take reduced damage...so no, you're not necessarily gonna be taking heavy damage if you time it right.

Rolling makes you take reduced damage? 

dude, as loki, the bombard you're facing should not have its ogris in the hand, first

...and, the thing that makes nades so op is the damage scaling with lvl ...i lvl1 mob from mercury will toss a nade on an experienced and geared player, he will laugh hard seeing only few damages, but the player gonna get insta-killed by the same nade tossed by lvl70/80 mobs ...can someone explain me what happens there, are the nades lvling ? do they rankup and gain strenght, stop kidding with that DE, please

now we have a little noise about to make it like a timer, but actually the reaction time is very short between the "oh shiet i hear a nade" and the move from that said player, in order to dodge/avoid being damaged, a longer fuse time would be much apreciated

most enemy attacks except Seeker's latcher do more damage as the respective enemy ranks up, this includes grenades.

Rolling makes you take reduced damage? 

Yeah, something not many people know, lol. If you don't believe me, equip a sentinal and roll through an arson eximus' fire wall or a corpus laser wall. If you rolled through correctly, the sentinal will take more damage than you. (this is usually how I get my sent killed at lower levels :/ )

Just give the grenades a..."Pip...pip...pip...pip...PIIIIP!!!....BOOOM" sound

And give it 5s duration to explode

Even without indicator I think it's fine since u should already got a feeling where's the grenade location LOL

we already got it...

but what about those who play without sounds ? with music instead ? those who have an handicap and are deficient ?

now let's make it a tiny visual indicator, that's not that hard, DE, we believe in you :)