The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akjagara, Could Have Been Awesome, But Misses The Mark.

ClockworkSpectre

I hate them. But I think the reason I hate them is because how they sound. That pop gun sound grates at my ears and gives me a headache.

As for why it uses Dual Skana but has no melee ability. Why does the Tipedo use Kunai but has no dagger throw ability? Just because it uses something in its recipe doesn't mean that it has to have some related function to it. (Though I suspect the Jagara shoots swords.)

Brakk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AkJagara. I think it is nicer to compare it to the AkMagnus or AkVasto.

Hahaha, no. My Akmagnus has high crits and high status proc. It's biggest flaw is its reload (Stunning Speed is all I need).

I hate them. But I think the reason I hate them is because how they sound. That pop gun sound grates at my ears and gives me a headache.

As for why it uses Dual Skana but has no melee ability. Why does the Tipedo use Kunai but has no dagger throw ability? Just because it uses something in its recipe doesn't mean that it has to have some related function to it. (Though I suspect the Jagara shoots swords.)

Hahaha, no. My Akmagnus has high crits and high status proc. It's biggest flaw is its reload (Stunning Speed is all I need).

You complain about the firing sound and run around with an Akmagnus.....really???

Tipedo is Bo+Kunai, the Kunai's part in the recipe is pretty obvious. Bo is there for the handle, the kunai is there for the blades. Both function. The weirdest thing is the Kunai are mainly puncture, the Bo is mainly impact, yet the Tipedo is slash. The AkJagara is two boltos with skana blades strapped on yet you aren't able to melee enemies with them. DE logic seems to dictate that strapping a blade to your gun makes your bullets sharp.

My Brakk also does nice crits and has a pretty high status chance, but deals more than twice the damage and has a considerably higher DPS. Its biggest flaw being its range. I still say that comparing the AkJagara with the AkMagnus is far nicer (and makes more sense in most aspects) than comparing it to the Brakk or other shotgun pistols. The only aspects I feel it shares with the Brakk (on other shotgun pistols) is the whole shooting two bullets instead of one thing.

yep its a good weapon if not for the insane recoil will have to definitely slap steady hands in it meaning feeding it a couple of formas probably around 4

Oh, Formas you have to either buy, trade, or spend time using keys to farm in the void to get? Why I bet this is exactly why DE made the recoil so insane.

I didn't read OP because of blinding white highlight on text. 

Also, there's nothing wrong with Akjagara. What are you all complaining about? Just because it has high recoil doesn't mean it's a bad weapon.

A weapon is only as good as the person using it I guess.

Having played with them a little more, the high recoil and fast fire rate dont mix well. Lowering the fire rate would be good, but they're fine as is.

----------------------------------

"WHY DO YOU GAIS ALWAYS WANT 2 NERF EVERYTING!?!?!?!"

Lowering the fire rate will have a negligible effect since the recoil already makes you adjust your aim after every shot. More to the point, it also opens up the argument that you could buff a different stat to "compensate" for lowering the fire rate.

Edited by DarkTails

honestly all the things ive read here are good ideas, pushing it to a heavier damage role of the dual secondaries, or pushing it into more of a mid range shotgun secondary. these are all great ideas. my only real problem with the weapon is the recoil and everyone seems to agree that it is atleast @(*()$ annoying.

I got around to putting multishot on these things. Omg, they essentially turn into shotguns and murder the gunk out of everything. Youre shooting like 6 bullets for the cost of one, you have a sweet 20+ round mag, fast fire rate, high damage per bullet, these things are crazy! I put them on Hydroid because they sound like youre firing a musket lol

So far, I've found them obscenely effective when paired with Saryn's Venom: Cast Venom, shoot at victim...then repeat process as spore upon spores spread. Between the spores, Seeker and the scatter due to the laughable accuracy, at close to mid range it seems to be able to turn Venom into a very efficient anti-crowd tool. Certainly a nice incentive for increased duration and range.

Been having a fair bit of fun with this approach in solo Derelict runs.

In theory they shouldn't do too badly with my Resonance Banshee either, what with the spread ratio. Why hit one weak point where you'll hit at least 2?

Sure, the recoil is a factor to mod out, but seeing as the majority of my weapons get -Recoil installed anyway...free Naramon is a free Naramon polarity.

I hope I'm doing the wrong thing by posting in a older thread, but I just didn't want to start an entire new thread....on the recoil.

JESUS Christ, I like this gun ,but, it's just too much, makes me fell almost sick.

Why is it, that this gun, with blades at the front, which should be weighing it down, has mroe recoil than the gun that is needed to make it?