Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players Get Good Stuff Way To Early.

PainKiller6891

Hi I know this kind of topic has been mentioned before but as I was reading a post on reddit from a guy with 80h in the game and owning Boltor Prime and Dread through recruit and trade channel. And now? He is Mastery 2 and is asking what the game has to offer? And I can not count the times I read this. After a short time the loose interest in Warframe because all other guns and things are crap compared to their early loadout. I don't want to really be mad about it but I am sad that Warframe pushes you to ruin your own fun if you are not careful. I mean this game is so great and with this it can nit live up to its potential. If you asked them lately the probably just say: Warframe? Yeah it was fun but nothing special.

I have nearly 1000h in game I gained my first prime weapon and Mastery 11 with 300 hours because I wanted to take it slow and earn that kind of stuff. I know DE always aims to give stuff to new Players as well as old ones but serious the prime weapons should have the same restrictions in Mastery Rank as normal weapons. And then for A Prime weapon I need to attend the missions and have luck and at the end I gained a lot of credits. All I then need is a bit of O Cells. But if I want to build normal weapon I have to farm normal resources and rare ones. I have yo buy the Bp and pay the building process. These credits farmed in missions with way lower payout then the void so it is somewhat more difficult to get the normal bad weapons then overpowered prime ones. I would love to see a change. A real development curve would be cool.

Maybe you should be able to attend the void T1 if you unlocked and cleared the first 3 Planets and after 3 other T2 unlocks. So you actually have to play the game a bit to go to the endgame stuff.

That's just my opinion.

Oh right. We are all soooo concerned for the new player that we want to restrict what they use for their own good. We shouldn't allow new players to have any fun until they slave in the mines of mercury for at least 200 hours, then they are allowed out into the light of day.

No need to be rude. He has a point. rank 0s shouldnt have rhino prime and boltor primr. Just give them a mastery rank requirement, simple solution

I agree OP. Feels like ive wasted my time earning my prime weapons when there are dudes Mr 2 with the exact same stuff. When you play games like Skyrim, do you get dragonrend in the first mission, or do you earn it. The progression in this game is completely rubbish when players with 50 hours in the game have just as damaging weapons as people with 1000.

WF is a coop game, it is not a competition for most kills, you should be happy they can have good gear to help out in a mission because you have the same objective.

This kind of mentality is killing the game imo, such has ''mommy mommy this guy has more kills than me, please nerf X''.

No need to be rude.

That was sarcasm, not rudeness.

Prime Access and the trade channel exist for a reason. If people want to spend money to jump right into the top of the power curve, then they are free to do so.

Being a vet player who "earned" your gear the hard way does not, in any way, give you the authority to limit how others "earn" their gear.

Oh right. We are all soooo concerned for the new player that we want to restrict what they use for their own good. We shouldn't allow new players to have any fun until they slave in the mines of mercury for at least 200 hours, then they are allowed out into the light of day.

I really don't think that fun in Warframe comes when you main Boltor Prime and Synoid Gammacor. And all the time before is just crap. There is more to warframe than this and I think many players could miss out on that. Maybe I see it wrong but I know 6 friends of mine experiencing just this. Getting good stuff at the start and then there's nothing more to do for them.

I got some neat stuff early in my experience from drops by pure luck.

My gear progression looked like this when I first started, leading pretty much up to present day (2013 summer to now)

Primary: Mk1Braton>Strun>Hek>Strun Wraith> Latron Prime>Grakata

Secondary: Lato>Vasto>Despair> Brakk> Detron> Mara Detron

Melee: Skana>Dual Heat Swords>Hate>Galatine<insert melee 2.0 here> Dragon Nikana ,Bo, Galatine

I'm only counting weapons that I went to for "serious buisness",  for my main loadout. The point is, while I now have access to literally almost every weapon in the game, it's up to the player to make their own fun. If someone chooses to go for the "most powerful" right off the bat, then they can't really complain that the game is boring to them.

People that buy plat just to get all the best gear right off are just as important as players that take it slow and build everything from scratch and take time to earn it. As much as forcing new players through a learning curve to attain better gear (I still think more prime gear should have a higher mastery rank req if not bought through prime access) might seem like a good idea, people who do stuff like buy that boltor/rhino prime and then complain mercury is too easy because they don't have 90 percent of the nodes unlocked...probably weren't likely to stay to play the game long anyway.

That was sarcasm, not rudeness.

Prime Access and the trade channel exist for a reason. If people want to spend money to jump right into the top of the power curve, then they are free to do so.

Being a vet player who "earned" your gear the hard way does not, in any way, give you the authority to limit how others "earn" their gear.

Perhaps you have a point.....I retract my previous statement

This could be partially addressed with revamped quests, or campaign. Load-out restrictions could be made to fit the timeline in the campaign. If you think about it, the timeline probably wouldn't allow for indefinite farming in-between missions. This could allow for a more natural progression, that makes sense, and feels right, but leaves the regular missions in the star map open to be played as is.

WF is a coop game, it is not a competition for most kills, you should be happy they can have good gear to help out in a mission because you have the same objective.

This kind of mentality is killing the game imo, such has ''mommy mommy this guy has more kills than me, please nerf X''.

I totally agree to that. I could not care less if I got the fewest kills with my Sybaris really. I am happy with new players helping on the mission. Really I don't want to be exclusive but more balancing could help the game.

Classifying a weapon or a warframe (both primes) for a certain player with a certain lvl of experience is in a way $&*&*#(%&.

1. Prime Access can be bought, so you cannot command players to buy/not buy what they want. Thus they can have/have not prime gear insta.

2. It will classify warframes and weapons as a noob weapon/pro weapon which is not the case in warframe. All warframes and weapons have a playing style. Imagine a guy only likes, bows, you will have the heart to connemd him from having a paris prime from the start via the trade chat/farming or a friend handing him that?

3. Dread? So what? I have been playing this game for 2 Years, and still have no Despair from the Stalker. Dont tell me I can get it through farming, but hey, thats the fun of warframe. Luck + Farming + Fun

4. Also a new player might have a boltor prime, dread, paris and all, but cant see its full potential because he/she may have/not have the for example a full serration. So in a way Long Time players still might have an advantage later on

This is my personal opinion and from what I can see it is how warframe DE sees it.

Edited by -AT-AnnunakalFrahir

Alike the op, took my first prime weapon around 300 hours ingame, its a boltor prime, and i never use it nor built another prime because i just dont want to miss the rest of the fun in the game, jumping to end game content is implicitly missing mid-game content, and players should be warned by their taxies, about how much will they be missing, that while the game itself lacks of a endgame to feel proud about

Edited by rockscl

I think the point OP is making is more along the lines of "why have mastery rank restrictions for some weapons and not others, especially the prime variant."

I get that the void is supposed to be harder than the main missions so if you can survive the void you deserve its treasures, but it doesn't make gameplay sense to have Rhino restricted to MR 2, but Rhino Prime isn't.

I feel that if DE actually used the MR system in the game to restrict certain weapons, then they would be free to actually tier the weapons.  I'm completely ok with some weapons in the game just being flat out better than others, but not when a starting player can grab any weapon they want.  This kills any sense of meaningful progression because there is no need to actually go back and level weaker weapons.  

Syndicates and extractors are the only two other mechanics that use the MR system, and they aren't worth it most of the time.

Also, Archistopheles, are you ok?  You seem far more bitter and angry than you did even just a year ago.

As a MR 16 with 2 years and ~1000 hours logged, I do agree there should be more MR locked stuff and locked at higher MR's too.  I thought this when I was MR ~7 or less.

It would give us (probably no one over MR 15) something to look forward to.  Of course you can still find the parts for said weapons but cannot use until you rank up.

Also, Archistopheles, are you ok? You seem far more bitter and angry than you did even just a year ago.

It must just be how my words are coming across in this thread. I'm really not trying to be a butt, but it seems my words are betraying me.

I hold the opinion that those players, who others have said "Quit the game because they got the best stuff right away and got bored" would have gotten bored regardless.

It's not the gear, it's the game. If they don't like the game, they wouldn't have liked it any better if they had "progressed" through it. Please. We aren't a story rich game. If players aren't having fun killing stuff, they are going to quit. That's the bottom line.

No need to be rude. He has a point. rank 0s shouldnt have rhino prime and boltor primr. Just give them a mastery rank requirement, simple solution

^ sorry this bothered me more than it should have

rank 0s can get rhino prime but they cannot get boltor prime because it is MR 2

just wanted to clear that up.....i know...huge difference...but it still matters to me and some others

regardless.....if players do have the money to pay for the platinum and other players are willing to sell....i have no issue with it.....whether or not they maximize the weapons potential is still up to the player and their abilities.....if they want to spend even more plat for the maximum mods to make boltor prime the best it can be....fine...so be it...there is nothing i can say to that....they put their money into it rather than waste their life away...it is all their choice in the end and you should not be telling them or us what to do as a gamer

if thats what they deem fun and they spent money for it....let them do as they please because it still supports DE in the end of it all

if you truly have a problem with this then it means you should just completely opt out of trading in general because trading in general causes this issue in the end

anyway....i would like to see more MR locked equipment though....but have it reasonably locked and balanced

Edited by sekushiiandee

I am a new (somewhat) but have played about 200h. I use the trade sys for mods that are hard for me to come by. My mastery rank is 7, which was hard for me to achieve. I received very little help from the vets even those in my clan. When I go to the store and buy a weapon there are no prime weapons. To craft them takes more resources then can be farmed until I got an extractor. To complain that some new people play for a little while means that your not looking at the whole picture. I have on mission with others who just leave behind and can't get credit or much resources. Most of mission I did solo because that way I can get credits and resource without some "Vet" taking them all. You have got to be kidding with this statement and it just sound like sour apples. I have played over 150 games but you have a lot of "Vet" players who have forgotten when they where newbs. So what good stuff did I get to early. Soma prime that everyone raves about is not all that great and Prime Rhino needs potatoes in order to be good not mention leveling up the warframe and weapons. I had to google to find how to use a forma. Those that left early and it was no big probably left because they like the game anyway. They do not represent the majority of newbs. I say all this respectfully to all Tennos.  

It must just be how my words are coming across in this thread. I'm really not trying to be a butt, but it seems my words are betraying me.

I hold the opinion that those players, who others have said "Quit the game because they got the best stuff right away and got bored" would have gotten bored regardless.

It's not the gear, it's the game. If they don't like the game, they wouldn't have liked it any better if they had "progressed" through it. Please. We aren't a story rich game. If players aren't having fun killing stuff, they are going to quit. That's the bottom line.

I can agree with that.  I think what is being miscommunicated is that it isn't the weapons being available to early is the problem. However, since weapons and frames are our only means of progression in game, it feels disappointing when I get a super awesome weapon and every other weapon/frame feels terrible in comparison and that does hurt the play-experience of the game.

Now, I am all for having powerful weapons early and along side skill-based weapons/frames, but I feel that the first weapon you get shouldn't be useful after a while or there is no reason to ever switch.  If I had access to essentially overpowered weapons and frames from the beginning, then I have nothing to work towards.  I'm not a collector, I don't NEED to have every weapon or frame, so if I get the most powerful weapon too early it does ruin the experience for me.

I don't think every weapon should be locked, and many shouldn't even be touched, but the more powerful weapons (prime, clan, syndacite) should be locked so new players have something to look forward to.  Many of us who have been with the game since it was truly in beta (2012/13) still feel the sense of progression due to the new content being added.  New players don't have this luxury and I feel this only hurts Warframe as a whole.

TL;DR:  Having progression in warframe linked to weapons/frames and then allowing anyone to have anything they want leaves Waframe without any meaningful progression for new players.  Locking weapons (and possibly more frames) behind MR, while providing progression, will also allow some weapons to be buffed and tiered in a way that makes.