Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Make Rakta Ballistica Op

RIOT

Rules:

No OP mechanics such as instant kill shots, stealth multipliers added to stealth kills, explosive bolts with 10m AoE.

No SUPER ridiculous base stats (i.E 1000 damage per shot on burst fire. having 50+ fire rate with  2000 shots in a single mag and a reserve of 50k. 200% crit chance with 5x crit damage etc etc).

how would you "realistically" make the  R.ballistica Overpowered.

by "realistically" I mean that people could see it actually being in the game with your stats, and having certain titles such as but not limited to:  god tier, OP, "why would you use anything else but the R.ballistica you scrub a-dub-nub",

"I got the rekta ballistica the other day and pointed it at pluto.... I suddenly had all missions completed, and my clan now owned sechura.

what I would do?

no more burst fire.

fully automatic with about as much recoil as a boltor prime.

bolts now travel at 150m a second.

fire rate is 4 shots a second.

shots deal 100 damage. damage automatically switches to target weakness I.E if grineer is shot the damage split would be 0 imp. 25 slash. 75 puncture.

charge shot deals 4x damage and will cause all damage to be poured into the targets weakest resistance. if you have a elemental combo on then all damage would be poured into that elemental I.E fighting alloy based grineer and you have radiation on. charge shot would cause all damage to be radiation.

all shots have super infinite punch through: this means that if shot they will not lose velocity when they punch through something. yes that means you could shoot your whole clip through walls and if the enemies get in the way across the map they gon b ded.

if target doesn't die from a charge shot that target is now marked. all shots that are now fired will home into that target.

charge time nerfed from .8  to 1 full second

note to mods: I'm curious to see what the community would consider as OP regarding this weapon. if you feel that it does not belong in general discussion, then by all means move it to where it is applicable.

edit: come on guys. I really want to see OverPoweredness, not straight up balancing (I.E "just increase crit chance to 50%") the damn thing only has a 1.5 crit damage multiplier, this would just make it balanced.

edit2: The feedback section? didn't think a thread about making a weapon intentionally OP would get moved here, but okay.

edit3: annnnd now this is a community hot topic... didn't think it would reach this but I ain't complaining.

Edited by RIOTx

Rakta Ballistica Hits do not alert enemies.
Successful stealth-attack applies guaranteed permanent Viral-effect.

__

This way is the only way I could think of to make the Rakta Ballistica a weapon worthy of an Assassin, without making it the better paris prime due to 180% multishot and +132% Fire Rate without drawback.

Edited by Spoof310

The weapon mechanics for Ballistica (and its Rakta variant) are so awful, that no matter how strong its damage output was, it would never be something I would use on an even occasional basis. I mean, a charged shot + a wildly spraying burst fire just plain isn't practical or desirable. Some weapons work rather well with those properties separately, but putting them together is not a type of gun that I nor many others I know would prefer to use.

Maybe if would be more appealing if they just cut out the burst fire and turned it into a pocket-sized bow (>50% crit chance).

Edited by Moasiac

Base multi-shot for both burst fire and charge shot.

Base Burst Attack: 20 Puncture, 10 Slash, and 2.5 Impact Damage (Not Calculating the Multi-Shot)

Base Charge Attack: 80 Puncture, 25 Slash, and 10 Impact Damage (Not calculating the Multi-shot)

Base Reload Speed: 1.8

Base 15% status chance.

Add 25 toxin base damage. Assassins use poison.

put 50% crit and voila done

Maybe if would be more appealing if they just cut out the burst fire and turned it into a pocket-sized bow (>50% crit chance).

come on, I said OP! not balanced.

Base multi-shot for both burst fire and charge shot.

Base Burst Attack: 20 Puncture, 10 Slash, and 2.5 Impact Damage (Not Calculating the Multi-Shot)

Base Charge Attack: 80 Puncture, 25 Slash, and 10 Impact Damage (Not calculating the Multi-shot)

Base Reload Speed: 1.8

Base 15% status chance.

this is more like it.

Edited by RIOTx

bad players lack the comprehension of how good this weapon is, team did 6hrs t4survival using ballastica's on ps4 purely for its viral proc, the weapon is not bad.

See this here is why they refused to buff the Rakta on the first place. The proc doesn't justify its crappy stats.

You could run around with Dark Dagger/Embolist/Mire augments and do the same thing. 

team did 6hrs t4survival using ballastica's on ps4 purely for its viral proc, the weapon is not bad.

any team with 4x CP aura, weapons with viral, good knowledge of enemy AI and how to abuse it, would do well.

this whole thread is how to make the base stats OP. not including the R.ballisticas secondary effect.

it's not meant to be treated as a feedback thread. more of a "man this weapon would be way to good if it had / could do X"

everyone knows that R.ballistica sits on a fine line between balanced and OP with that viral effect.

(IMO) the weapon currently lacks heavily unless certain conditions are met. but that is another thread, in another section for another time.

Edited by RIOTx