Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unwanted Speed Boosts From Volt

DaddySlimer

I guess as a main Volt player it doesn't bother me that much. I use it after defense waves for collection, or if there's a really long straight line towards the extraction to get us out faster. Or heck, it'll happen when I personally need it when running to revive that teammate who is died on another tileset instead of staying with the group.

When I play with another Volt, I've noticed the boost isn't that long so it's been no big deal. At least the screen isn't distorted for non Volt's.

I know if one hasn't played as Volt it can be a little disorienting. But it's easy enough to get used to.

Me, er....I am a duration build so uh, yeah. You'll be faster for a while. I don't spam it though.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Wait. you lose your aim and you bounce of walls when speed is on?

what are you useing to play warframe?, a keyboard or an roller?

What are you using to type? Klingon? 

Fix your grammar firstly then you may post suppoused-to-be-sarcastic posts.

On topic; Just stay away from your Volt. His Speed has a range to affect you.

There needs to be a like a Recruiting 2 tab for all picky players.  Seriously...people who want you to play their way or the high way need their own little section....so they can request missions like "No Volt" "No Excal" "No Ember" "No Frost Globe"  "No Power 4s"

There needs to be a like a Recruiting 2 tab for all picky players.  Seriously...people who want you to play their way or the high way need their own little section....so they can request missions like "No Volt" "No Excal" "No Ember" "No Frost Globe"  "No Power 4s"

yeah for this picky players. .... not to play is best for them

Seriously they are the type that doesn't like people to be happy. They want things the way they want it.

And its goes on and on

Volt's Speed is amazing and I've never had trouble with it. The whole point of it is to give the whole party the rave speed and dash into the void. The ability would be semi-useless if it was brought back to its individual state. 

No thanks, I like Volt's Speed as it is currently.

Its not just your run speed though it effects all your movements. When a volt tries to "help" with up to 120%boost to speed+attackspeed they are also effecting the timing for all your air, slide and combo attacks.

As someone who mains melee this is potentially lethal at high levels, were keeping a flow between attacks is vital.

Wait. you lose your aim and you bounce of walls when speed is on?

what are you useing to play warframe?, a keyboard or an roller?

That just made me laugh for several straight minutes and imagining it :P

I have no problems at all with speed, u dont need to run 24/7 as u used too, just walk instead. Anyways i dont see this that important, as if volt was overplayed :P, it wont happen that much. When DE decides give some love to volt maybe u will find a bit trouble handling it :PP

Are you alright? You seem upset. :|

Trying to goad someone over a disagreement with you is completely unnecessary.

There should actually be an option to opt out of "player assistance" with maybe a more in-depth menu that would allow you to toggle certain abilities from affecting you. It's not ideal to disable many friendly buff from being put on you, but nobody else should really have control over how you play the game.

Except it's not a single-player game. It's a team-based, co-op action shooter with RPG elements. Your team should absolutely have a degree of control over how your run goes, because you're one of four. If you want to completely dictate exactly how you'll take on an enemy/mission/whatever, what buffs you will and will not receive, and so on, play solo or form a group who are willing to do exactly as you describe.

As for Volt's Speed boost, it IS fine. It's a solid buff no matter what way you look at it. Adjust your aiming accordingly if for some reason you can't help but lose all concept of spatial awarness when your frame can move faster. 

Edited by Forgotten_Aeon

Except it's not a single-player game. It's a team-based, co-op action shooter with RPG elements. Your team should absolutely have a degree of control over how your run goes, because you're one of four. If you want to completely dictate exactly how you'll take on an enemy/mission/whatever, what buffs you will and will not receive, and so on, play solo or form a group who are willing to do exactly as you describe.

As for Volt's Speed boost, it IS fine. It's a solid buff no matter what way you look at it. Adjust your aiming accordingly if for some reason you can't help but lose all concept of spatial awarness when your frame can move faster. 

What you're not understanding is that other players are directly affecting other players movement and positioning. I don't know any other game that lets you control the movement of your allies so strongly and flippantly.

Does it actually hurt anyone but yourself if you don't want a buff? The answer is no.

Why should other players need to compensate for something that is beyond their control anyways? What, your Volt has 150% Power Strength and is sending me at Mach 10 into a pit over, and over, and over, and over again? I can't stop having fun in Vauban's Non-stop Bouncy Castle? Loki playing his tricks again by Switch TPing me into a pile of enemies? Valkyr yanking on my leash?

They introduced the "roll off" mechanic to Banish for a reason. I don't see why this can't be extended towards other abilities.

Really, is there a valid reason why any other player should have so much control over you? Like I said, it may not be beneficial to ignore many buffs, but there should be an option for it.

Edited by Moasiac