The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo Dragon Mod Pack. Rip Off Or Worth It?

UndeadGhostWarrior

90 platinum for 5 mods with a chance of 2 being rare. In my opinion the price for this should be lowered , for 90 platinum one could just use the trading channel to get 10 rare mods of your choice with no RNG involved at all.

Unless this is aimed at newer players who aren't yet experienced?

I think a lot of the items in market deserve a re-look , especially The High Roller Credit bundle ( 90 platinum for 30k credits)

Which makes you wonder, does the person setting these prices even play the game aswel to understand it from a player perspective? 

Unless it's just me that thinks like this?

It's just aimed at new players who don't know any better, honestly almost exploiting them

Last i checked everything in the market was a ripoff. 

We pay 200p for a regular frame which we can get the prime version of it for 30.

The only thing i buy(bought) from market is codex scans.

I don't think any primes cost 30p

Things you should buy for plat: Warframe Slots, Weapon slots, Reactor/Catalyst (only if you REALLY need one), Companion Slots, accessories (syndanas, attachments, skins, some colour palettes, not including alt helmets), profile icons.

Things you should not buy for plat: everything not listed above, as it is a massive rip-off and you can get it via other means. The prices are massively inflated.

Theory behind the massively inflated plat prices for pretty much everything? It's a good incentive to actually PLAY THE GAME, as opposed to just buying everything cool and then ignoring it until something cool comes around again.

It's just aimed at new players who don't know any better, honestly almost exploiting them

I don't think any primes cost 30p

Yeah ppl complain how some of us traders sell stuff like say loki set for ~200p, or rhino for let say 60-70p. Yet then you have DE selling to new players a frames (I agree they are build sure but players can rush build with plat and still have change left) for ~300p.

In my trading endavours I sometimes meet people that did buy frames, I always tell them to not buy frames and either farm them or buy them. They should spend plat on slots/colors/cosmetics etc like in every game. But well to each of their own.

Having bought Prime Access (my way of buying Founders since I couldn't afford that at the time) I had a ton of plat lying around so I bought two of these just for the hell of it to see what I would get. I ended up with closer to 3 rares on average per pack than the two advertised as guaranteed (which ended up being quite a lot since they're buy one get one free right now), plus 4 Archwing mods, which to me is worth it for the Archwing mods alone. However, this is mostly because I'm not a huge Archwing fan and finding those mods for me has been an excruciatingly slow, painful process I wasn't enjoying at all.

Also, I will agree that the prices for most of the "packs" of things in the cash shop are inflated. The biggest offenders have to be the credit packs, the resource bundles, and the mod packs. Right now, the Dragon mod pack is essentially 45 plat a piece on this two-for-one special, which is expensive but not much over the 10plat a mod high end of what you'd be paying to another player trading anyhow. I think 45 plat would be closer to a fair price than the 90 it's listed at, but that's just me. Also, since it's essentially a lottery box item, you're running the risk by default of not getting back in value what you spend, but you're balancing that against the chance at something really worthwhile. For example, many stance mods like Crimson Dervish, are extremely sought after and could be worth a decent amount of platinum if you were willing to part with it.

All in all I would probably agree that for the normal price it's a total rip off, but if you're buying it on sale it's not too bad if you know what you're getting into and don't mind losing the plat.

Edited by Jeahanne

They are useful for people who do not have alot of different mods, keys, or credits (LAST ONE NOT WORTH IT)

I build some of my mods with the dragon mod pack and got (at the time) decent mods... But if you have all the mods (except for some aura mods) then it will feel like a rip off

They are useful for people who do not have alot of different mods, keys, or credits (LAST ONE NOT WORTH IT)

I build some of my mods with the dragon mod pack and got (at the time) decent mods... But if you have all the mods (except for some aura mods) then it will feel like a rip off

It IS a rip off. No matter the circumstance. If you do not have a lot of mods which you really need? Trading chat. No RNG, way better prices (relatively).

Some of the only things you should buy with plat from the market (few exceptions not included)::

- potatoes if you really, really, really need one right that moment (still not really worth it since alerts / invasions with them pop up somewhat often)

- cosmetics (all forms, except alt helmets. just wait for the alert)

- kubrow egg is RNGesus is really hating on you and you want a useless furball

personally I did spent some more plat I had to spare on some things, namely the opticor and raider pack (when they came out, don't regret either, even though they're pretty friggin overpriced. Opticor is still my fav main, and itzal beat the skittles out of the other AW from day 1 for me. Centaur still best melee, and fluctus is just evil on trench runs)

Also bought volt with 75p some time back (when it was a random drop like limbo. systems just wouldn't drop at all).

Edited by Alighierian

I'm sure many people would gladly burn all their plat on Dragon Mod Packs if there were actually valuable mods in there.

Last I heard, the packs did not contain: Corrupted Mods, Event Mods, Primed Chamber

Edited by Moasiac