Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Warframe ?

Verishon

So i have been thinking about it and i have been wondering what might be the best melee based WarFrame out there? there are very little to no topics that i can find on Google about this so i figured i would ask here.

So number 1 WarFrame

Loki: Now Loki has allot of good ability's that will help a melee based player "Radial Disarm" is arguably the best ability in game for any melee oriented player disarming all near by enemy units and forcing them to come to you within close combat. Loki also has "Invisibility" allowing Loki to stealth and increases his over all damage really great for surviving in a emergency situation or to burst down a high priority target with out taking massive amounts of damage. However i don't see decoy or switch teleport being highly useful to a melee oriented player though they have their uses sometimes

Excalibur: Excalibur has a balanced base stat line compared to some other WarFrames allowing him to scale fairly well into some of the top tier game play. Excalibur's ability to "Slash Dash" is a really great gap closer from fleeing enemy's which is great for melee players to keep in range or to travel at a fast speed to an enemy unit. Excalibur also has "Radial Blind" which is great for melee players to CC high damage enemy units allowing time to take down that unit or allowing ally's to catch up and assist taking out the target. The downside i think to Excalibur is his ability's though decent for what is considered the "Sword Themed WarfFrame" his ability's do not seem to cause allot of damage to enemy unit's in a high level mission say 33-40 + making him rather useless later on.

Ash: Ash has allot of base health making him allot tougher than Loki Ash also is one of the more faster Warframes at base speed. Ash's ability to "Smoke Screen" stuns nearby enemy units as well as blinding them  turning you invisible making anyone near you easy to kill right away it is also a great survival tool which also slightly increases ash's critical ability which for players focused on critical builds this is an amazing ability to have though ash's time while  invisible is much shorter than Loki's. Ash's "Teleport" can be used to get within melee range of enemy units very quickly as well as on allied units to retreat assists or catch up i believe this is a highly valuable ability to have for any melee oriented player. Though Blade Storm does get you into melee range of enemy units you are not really in control of what ash does you just have to sit back and watch so i don't want to include this.

Oberon: Oberon has a high stat line making him a very good choice for a melee player. Though most of Oberon's ability's are ranged not making him very suitable for melee oriented player Oberon's Reckoning is highly useful for survival at high level missions. Though like Excalibur Oberon suffers from lack of high ability damage but here is why i think he is decent for a role of melee players "Reckoning" lifts enemy units into the air and slams them to the ground if killed enemy units have a high chance of dropping health orbs which in a high level mission is vital to survive this is increased 10x fold when you have life strike on your melee weapon not only do you have endless supply of health orbs but you also have life tap on your melee strikes as well which is why i think Oberon can be a viable pick for a melee player

Rhino: Rhino is a heavy tank WarFrame with a high stat line and is one of the hardest WarFrame to kill and here's why. "Iron Skin" Rhino hardens his skin making him immune to damage and CC/Knock Down effects which is the best survival tool in the game something i think every melee player needs as an ability it just can't be argued its a high value ability. "Rhino Charge" Like Slash Dash Rhino Charge is a great gap closer for fleeing targets and catch up mechanic when falling behind and it is great for knocking down high level enemy units or just flat out killing them this is another wonderful ability for a melee player simply for how fast you can get to close range. And finally "Rhino Stomp" Rhino stops the ground causing all enemy's within its blast radius to become stunned and immobilized in mid air allowing you to take out those high value damaged units or help ally's pick off units 1 by 1

So what do you guy's think who is the best melee WarFrame in game for melee only players who do you think is the most viable for high tier missions let me know in the comments below thank you for reading :) .

( i know all warframes are viable but maybe some are better than others i also left out Valkyr but this took a long while for me to write and read over i also don.t know a whole lots about Valkyr )

Trinity (maximum duration Link).

True, she has no innate connection with melee, no bonus and no particular synergy. However, she is extremely tanky. Not afraid of knockdowns, procs, bleeds. Every time someone tries to knock you down, an enemy next to you falls and is open for a finisher.

Doesn't need to be energy-efficient since she has EV, so one can mod the melee weapons for full channeling damage without insisting too much on the efficiency. Doesn't need to regain health via melee, so Life Strike can be left out to increase the damage.

She is, imho, perfect to go full-melee against the Infested.

Also, you mention Oberon as a decent melee frame, which is fine, but you completely fail to mention Hallowed Ground as his best ability for melee combat? I mean seriously, when standing on Hallowed Ground Oberon and allies gain immunity to status effects and knockdown, just like a Rhino with Iron Skin on. That's a pretty big deal when fighting infested, which he excels at.

Trinity (maximum duration Link).

True, she has no innate connection with melee, no bonus and no particular synergy. However, she is extremely tanky. Not afraid of knockdowns, procs, bleeds. Every time someone tries to knock you down, an enemy next to you falls and is open for a finisher.

Doesn't need to be energy-efficient since she has EV, so one can mod the melee weapons for full channeling damage without insisting too much on the efficiency. Doesn't need to regain health via melee, so Life Strike can be left out to increase the damage.

She is, imho, perfect to go full-melee against the Infested.

If suddenly something would drain your energy instantly to 0, what u gonna do next ?

This game actually not friendly to melee weapons since they have low damage and this combo fade away pretty fast and on ultrahighlong survive mission or something else they gonna 1 hit you, when you would try to get closer = suicide

about valkyr - she is perfect against infested (if u have energy restores :D ) (but extememly bad against nullifiers, u know why )

Edited by Odik

Valkyr, not because of Hysteria but because of Warcry, ripline and paralysis.

Jump and use E in midair - same as valkyr ripline , so this ability not so unique anymore (never using paralysis ,may be sometimes to do finishers for ''fun'')

I mainly use Zephyr when going melee only. Her high speed and mobility makes her good for closing gaps. And her Turbulence ability protects you for the most part when wading into the middle of enemies...at least if they're using non-hitscan weaponry, Turbulence doesn't really work too well against hitscan weapons but her high shields and health can keep you out of the danger zone for a while.

I play only melee

there great frames for melee:

Mesa could be great melee too (but not agianst infested)

Valkyr is awesome at melee ( war cry , Hysteria ) Warcry with two Dual Ichors damnn son

Saryn is great also but not misama build (still good with miasma)

Mirage Ulti + Blind .. her Decoys .. and the eclipse

Nyx Chaos

Volt to a point cuz his defense based on shields

Mag is squishy but she can go melee all day long :D (till she dies)

Ofc all of the other frames you all mentioned 

so it sums up that you can go melee with any frame and create havoc (some of them to a point , depends on how you play and how you mod the frame)

Edited by MrPinkks

Zephyr.

people forget (or likely dont know) that her Turbulence has 2 layers.

From wiki:

Turbulence

Zephyr surrounds herself in turbulent winds that alter the trajectory of incoming projectiles. An inner shield with a 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 meter radius deflects all projectiles with flight time. An outer shield with a 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meter radius reduces the accuracy of hitscan projectiles fired within its area of effect. Both shields last for 10 / 12 / 15 / 20 seconds.

• Duration is affected by Power Duration.
  • Shield radius are affected by Power Range.
  • Both shields follow Zephyr for the ability's duration.
  • The inner shield is spherical and protects Zephyr from weapons that fire visible projectiles with noticeable flight times (e.g., Deras, Plasma Rifles, Ogris, and Pyrotechnic Ogris). As these types of projectiles are deflected, their damage (disregarding area damage and homing rockets) is effectively negated.
  • The outer shield is cylindrical, similar to Bastille but with a shorter height, and protects Zephyr from weapons that fire hitscan projectiles (i.e., projectiles with no flight time). Hitscan weapons fired within the outer shield suffer an accuracy debuff, causing most projectiles to be fired at wide angles. Hitscan projectiles are not always redirected by the outer shield.

If suddenly something would drain your energy instantly to 0, what u gonna do next ?

This game actually not friendly to melee weapons since they have low damage and this combo fade away pretty fast and on ultrahighlong survive mission or something else they gonna 1 hit you, when you would try to get closer = suicide

about valkyr - she is perfect against infested (if u have energy restores :D ) (but extememly bad against nullifiers, u know why )

Valkyr is not bad against nullifiers, I often stand outside their big gold dome in hysteria and melee it down then finish them off. Edited by GrimwarAlpha1

Jump and use E in midair - same as valkyr ripline , so this ability not so unique anymore (never using paralysis ,may be sometimes to do finishers for ''fun'')

it´s not the same, you can´t use the dash again and you don´t have such a high range with it.

Or how about just all of them?...

Yeah, all except Hysteria, it´s only good as an emergency ability, imo.

Well ive had zero problems against nullifiers as valkyr... i just use channeling with scindo p, kill it and slide away. If it would happen nullifiers appear while im using warcry, i just avoid it or kill it when warcry is almost over, same applies to hysteria....

Classic Life-Strikers: Valkyr.

Stealth: Loki.

Rage-healing: Saryn, Oberon.

Other: Trinity.

Valkyr is good against almost anything because of good armor.Some troubles against multiple ancient healers. Relatively good against nullifiers, due to ok unbuffed durability.

Loki needs backup weapon against some enemies. Vulnerable to stray hits, AoE, energy drain.

Saryn and oberon are versatile, have ok unbuffed durability and don't have to rely on Life Strike to heal. Could use excess energy to nuke things.

Trinity is absolutely monstrous in her buffed state and very vulnerable if you fail to micromanage her abilities.Once she's out of energy, she's a toast due to low basic stats.

I believe Oberon is the best melee frame overall. He has no glaring disadvantages against any faction and radiation procs are awesome at breaking enemy buffs and synergies. High base stats allows for effective Rage builds while his healing ability frees up one melee weapon slot for extra damage mod.

"Hurr durr want full maylay? Valkyr wif Hysturia!"

You can safely ignore these people since their idea of full melee is permanently being in a god mode. Hysteria takes all the mods and considerations real melee players have to use and throws them out a window since all you have to do is press 4 with Rage in one of your slots and you profit.

"Hurr durr want full maylay? Valkyr wif Hysturia!"

You can safely ignore these people since their idea of full melee is permanently being in a god mode. Hysteria takes all the mods and considerations real melee players have to use and throws them out a window since all you have to do is press 4 with Rage in one of your slots and you profit.

Hysteria is obviously good...but it was high armor, an ability that closes distance, an ability that (poorly) makes you stop shooting, and a melee speed/armor boosting weapon.  THEN it has a free Life Strike invincible panic button ability. I only use it as a panic button..don't know why you assumed things

Hysteria is obviously good...but it was high armor, an ability that closes distance, an ability that (poorly) makes you stop shooting, and a melee speed/armor boosting weapon. THEN it has a free Life Strike invincible panic button ability. I only use it as a panic button..don't know why you assumed things

Wasn't talking about you specifically. It's a blanket statement because all some people know how to do is push 4 on her which IMO doesn't constitute the full melee OP is looking for.