Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actually Impossible To Pay For Mod Upgrading/ducat Items. Deep Explanation Within. Please Support.

SnakeWildlife

May i ask, what is exactly you hope to achieve with this "investment"? Are you hoping to sell your account for a high price to a new rich player? Are you hoping that somehow warframe will be a professional game and all of these investments will make you become no.1 warframe gamer with sponsors paying you to play the game?  Or are you hoping that DE will acknowledge your dedication and then give you a job to help them develop the game?

These "investments" will only be worthy if one of those 3 happened. If your aim is just to show off your 100% completion by the time Warframe's server got closed, then you have to accept that you just wasted everything for nothing.

Edited by Rekkou

All my support to OP. 

A lot of people out there saying you don't need this stuff. Now in some ways this may be true as there are other weapons and there will be other weapons for mastery ranking purposes. 

HOWEVER... 

Not to be cruel here but DE makes a lot of promises that it has yet to fill. One of the important ones for this topic is: 

"Void trader will rotate his wares"

This is an unspecific statement. We have no idea if and or when he will rotate. For all we know he could be on a yearly rotation system and we will be getting another 10 months of new stuff before old stuff appears again. There definitely is enough mods to make primed versions for him to sell for the next year. The end result is that if you miss a void trader item at the moment you have NO idea when this will be back. So if you want to be tooled up you HAVE to get all his stock. 

Consider some other scenarios. We have raids on the horizon and they will include puzzles. Who knows if say there will be a fight where having a players with a rank 10 primed reach lets them have an advantage over other players. What if he sells a weapon with a particular damage set up that becomes great at fighting/CC'ing one boss. We have no clue how things will change so you need to make sure you have everything possible so that you can be ready. 

Now I must say I dont mind prime 10 mods being an insane grind as its DEs way of making more game out of what we have.. fair enough. However keeping up with the ducat grind is the big problem. 

Question: why do you need to rank every R10 mod and buy every item the void trader offers?

Because it's possible and he could do it , also once they are gone you never know when they will come back , in one month? one year? two year? did you see the crazy price they go for in trade , I had rather buy while trader sell it instead of buying to player they will sell it back to you but way more...

Also I Agree ,this is why I did not upgrade the "useless" primed mod , just doing what i will be sure to use , and the amount of credit to upgrade them is insane , for ducats with all the orokin cell & forma I think the trader should take them to.... since it's from Orokin Era and used to be rare and wanted item

Question: why do you need to rank every R10 mod and buy every item the void trader offers?

Literally only took two posts before the point went completely over someone's head.

Disappointing.

The idea is that someone needs to be able to do it. It can't be impossible for everyone to do something. A player who plays 16 hours a day should be able to keep up easily, a player who plays half that should be able to barely keep up, a player who plays half that should still be able to keep up, but to a lesser degree.

Having it such that the player who plays 16 hours a day can't keep up is ridiculous. What's even the point of a system if the absolute top can't even participate in it?

Completionists are a thing. We'll always be a thing. Saying we're not allowed to be completionists because you aren't a completionist is like saying that you're not allowed to be weaker than us because we're not as weak as you. That second thing is elitism, and it's rude. That first thing is some kind of freakish anti-elitism, and it's even more rude.

Please can we continue on topic and not blab about liking or not liking completionists, im trying to help fix the economy not just for the rich, but for everyone.

I wanna invite new friends into this game and show them a fantastic ride, not show them a 5 year queue before they can get on it.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

Exactly, i quit Payday 2, and most people who played that, used Lua script hacks to unlock everything.....because the grind was rediculous.

I dont wanna do that with Warframe :(

I have 313 hours on payday 2

Except newest dlc i have every weapon and lack only few parts, i have more money than i can possibly spend and while i lack some rarest cosmetic items and havent completed newest heists on death wish i can still say that i got everything i need to enjoy the game to the fullest with enough options to choose from and having enough gear to be effective.

What could i get after 313 hours on warframe?? 3 mods at rank 10?? thats being experienced player already and knowing how to farm efficiently and being capable of doing so.

Payday 2 is grindfest with S#&$ton of rng but its nowhere near warframe lvl of grindy.

Whats the point of putting goals which arent possibly achievable without paying??

If theres unachievable goal in free 2 play game its probably to get some money out of whales or devs just didnt put much thought to it.

Both options are comparably depressing.

Edited by Davoodoo

I have 313 hours on payday 2

Except newest dlc i have every weapon and lack only few parts, i have more money than i can possibly spend and while i lack some rarest cosmetic items and havent completed newest heists on death wish i can still say that i got everything i need to enjoy the game to the fullest with enough options to choose from.

What could i get after 313 hours on warframe?? 3 mods at rank 10??

Payday 2 is grindfest with S#&$ton of rng but its nowhere near warframe lvl of grindy.

Payday 2 IS that grindy, but not because theres less things to get and achieve....but because of how little content their is and how much you have to repeat the same thing.  When i played, it was just Rats Rats Rats all over again and again and again and...yeah im not doing that.

Please can we continue on topic and not blab about liking or not liking completionists, im trying to help fix the economy not just for the rich, but for everyone.

I wanna invite new friends into this game and show them a fantastic ride, not show them a 5 year queue before they can get on it.

sorry, I just don't see the "5 year queue" for new players. new players don't need the newest mods and weapons, nor they need to take part in the latest event. you might think you need everything to enjoy this game, but it's not like that. 

If I had to say anything I would say that DE needs a better way of obtaining credits and more viable ways of earning cores. As the fusion core nerf happened (after ability mods were expelled) It has become very difficult to manage a reasonable supply. And even when I use duplicates, you still gotta grind out the money to afford it

So overall, my conclusion is that DE should be making an effort to spread out the wealth. Give certain missions (NOT DS) more money rewards. Make more none-endless missions drop a prime part or better keys. Make the starchart on par with the way the void use to be. If you dont want players to grind you have to incorporate basic needs into their wants. If you are farming for Duel Status mods on pluto and you get all 3 data, give people more money. If you can get a prime part of Eris or something, throw in some cores.

That is just how I feel it should be done. You have places to grind for one thing but you can still do other things to get what you want indirectly. You wont have to feel you are wasting your time attempting to get one thing and not getting other things. Just my 2 cent

I knew this was going to devolve into a @(*()$ "they're long term goals" "you don't need it" thread.

I just realized Baro is due in three days. I have 250k credits since his last visit because I haven't been terribly active. I doubt I have enough ducats for his things. So either I use up my plat reserve, or I don't get his stuff. 

People say he's on a cycle? There's no evidence to that yet. That's only an assumption. Who knows if he's on a cycle, or when it becomes a cycle, how big of a cycle that's going to be. 

Those numbers are horrifying OP, thank you for collecting them.

To those of you who will respond, "You don't need to buy them," I understand this. I didn't spend my credits and ducats on Primed Fast Hands, Primed Point Blank, the Mara Detron, and any of the Prime Eos pieces except for the chest. I don't even really care about ranking up my mods. I just got Primed Continuity to R9 because that's an extremely powerful mod for my frames, and that's the only one I've actively fed cores to.

Edited by Glitchesarecool

You don't need to have all modes maxed to 10.

You don't need to buy every stuff Baro'Ki'Teer comes with.

You don't need to be best of the best, just because you are MR-19 nolifer.

You are playing this game for too long, and you can't realise such simple things? "Tainted and ruined beyond salvation."

Your desires to have everything is your fault, not DE's one. Stop being that childish.

"I'm powerful mr-19 pro, and I need to have it all." Why? "Because it exists!"

If I'll place a mountain near your city, you are going to climb it, just because it exists, right? This is what your "logic" tells.

That's only your fault. Stop talking this "Year of quality."

You are only hurting yourself, Tenno.

Your post really comes off negative and bias against the OP or any of the hardcore Warframe gamers, which gives it less merit because of it.

You also seem to miss some of the main points the OP is inferring which is to newer gamers of Warframe can't possibly manage to achieve what he's talking about as well as grind out forma, the resources required to make them, warframe farming and building only to then probably need to forma them as well, and lets not forget weapons which take much much more forma. We also have syndicate ext. I don't expect to have everything, but it would be nice to have some of it, and currently the couple primed mods I have .. well any of my rank 10 mods; none of them are above 8, and most below that as I just can't even level one of them to max and do all the other stuff out there, let alone have fun using what I have instead of grinding all the time.

I get they don't want it all accomplished right away, but the OP puts in 1-2 fulltime jobs worth of gaming daily and thats not taking any days off. IMO he deserves to be able to tow this line but for us newer players like myself, i don't have enough time to farm the 1100 ducats over 2 weeks amongst other things, so I usually only get a mod and cosmetic, or weapon and cosmetic, and that's assuming I've had enough play to get all that.

Completionist or passionate about something has been around for ever, and yes people will climb a mountain just because it's there. Mt Everest? Because there is no real reason why people need to climb it.

You are playing this game for too long, and you can't realise such simple things? "Tainted and ruined beyond salvation."

Your desires to have everything is your fault, not DE's one. Stop being that childish.

If I'll place a mountain near your city, you are going to climb it, just because it exists, right? This is what your "logic" tells.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this

OP : "im a completionist" ok congrats have fun with that, oh wait what? you're NOT having fun with that? go figure... =/

primed mods are not something that is supposed to be maxed in a few weeks, they were introduced to have long-term mods that would take months to rank up, ie DE never intended ppl to try to buy/max everything every two weeks...

DE SHOULD TRY TO PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT ANY PLATINUM!!!!!!!!

Then they will know how painful we are !

inb4 they do and respond

"we understand that our game is too grindy to play without microtransactions, so we are giving 20% discount on platinum purchases for next week"

Sounds possible enough??

Edited by Davoodoo

Regular / casual player told hardcore player HOW TO PLAY

lol it alway like this in this kind of topic

So now a day achievement hunter / completionist complain about grind when he play 16 hour per day = mean his fault?? l9.gif

seriously this complain come from hardcore player that mean something

Edited by VioletX

The issue: How a self-proclaimed and genuine no-life player who puts the equivalent effort of a full-time job into Warframe cannot keep up with the insane amount of grind involved in recent updates, namely Primed Mods and the Ducat system.

What you're all discussing: OP doesn't need to do all this, you're not supposed to be able to do all this, stop being a completionist, etc.

We have a man here who devotes his life to Warframe, puts in a weeks' worth of effort in a day, and who admits that the amount of grind is too much for him. Instead of stopping and realizing the grindy path that Warframe is headed in, what are you guys doing? Bagging on the OP for spending so much time in Warframe.

It is because he spends so much time in Warframe trying to grind out these mods that makes this issue so pressing. If OP, in all his arguably wasted dedication and effort cannot keep up with the grind that is being introduced in the game, what does that mean for the rest of us? This isn't even something that pumping copious amounts of real-world money can solve, because the market is being drained of all its fusion cores and credits as people try to max out these mods.

Realistically, these mods are supposed to take months to max, each. Months of having your credit and fusion core reserves drained for the sake of a single mod. Mods that are introduced every few weeks, each one providing several more months of grind.

Stop it with the class-war and look at the big picture; is this what you all want? You're okay with having this much senseless grind in the game simply because you're not supposed to get it done right away? The arguments against completionists are just as weak as the arguments for completionists.

Edited by Draciusen

The problem is that DE has made a habit of releasing things and then never brining them back or removing things from the game. This makes them a one-time-chance for many players. Players that have been playing for any amount of time realize this and try to grab every item they can to avoid the regret of "not picking that up when I had a chance".

A perfect example of this is the Primed Chamber/Snipertron/Stat Helmets/Excalibur Prime/Tethra's Doom/Operation Mods/and the list goes on and on and on. I know several new players and many of them are annoyed at the fact they cant get things like some of the Mods, Weapons or Stat Helms without spending lots of Platinum.

Another solution would be rather then replacing the void traders entire catalog have him simply add a few items each time he appeared. This allows players to pick up the items they want when they can afford them rather then creating this unsustainable economy. If i know that next week he will have the same items and a few new ones I will be less likely to panic buy items.

Stop it with the class-war and look at the big picture; is this what you all want? You're okay with having this much senseless grind in the game simply because you're not supposed to get it done right away? The arguments against completionists are just as weak as the arguments for completionists.

It's not senseless. First of all if the game changes your high horizons you should start changing your attitude toward the game.

Primed Mods are an enormous mod sink? Stop maxing every Primed Mod, start being selective. It won't damage you, because actual content works nicely with the Standard Mods. You aren't cut out from any content.

If you're a veteran player crying "you don't have to tell me how to play" and such garbages, well it's better for you waking up asap.

YOU ATE ALL THE CAKE TOO MUCH FAST AND NOW WANT MORE!

Another point. The real problem, that probably nobody understands, is that GRIND is the only answer to exagerate nerds, spending more than 1-2 hours per day on the game.

Nobody is able to produce that many contents at the rate people consume it.

Nobody is able to produce that many contents at the rate people consume it.

The contents you consume in 1-2 days have weeks of work on their back.

If you have to feed too many insatiable mouths you'll have to increase what they want to eat.

Cheaper food in greater quantities.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

primed mods are not something that is supposed to be maxed in a few weeks, they were introduced to have long-term mods that would take months to rank up, ie DE never intended ppl to try to buy/max everything every two weeks...

That'd be okay if Primed mods weren't introduced essentially once a week.

The thing that people like you aren't realizing is that the unwarranted R5 droprate nerf (now 25%, before 77%) wasn't necessary, nor needed, by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know if I can stress this enough, but pre-nerf, maxing Primed mods, and R10's in general was already one hell of a grind. It was in the perfect spot though, and shouldn't have been increased by like 3x. I don't have a problem with the Ducat grind though.

If DE just upped the droprate of R5's to 65/70%, I would be completely fine. 

Sigh...this is what you get for trying to help people.

Dont bite the hand that helps you. You wanna enjoy not obtaining anything and never being able to earn stuff that temporary or exclusive or afford anything thats expensive, whatever, go nuts, but dont enforce your 'I dont want to' onto other people. You speak for yourself.

Im trying to fix the economy. It IS broken.

No, fine,  continue to bicker about what the topic isnt about and eat each other alive. Cant help some people see straight.

Edited by SnakeWildlife