Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa (Other Frames) Are Boring Now...

Ishki88

PSA:  This is not a "Warframe is boring" thread.  This is a powers in general are reaching their life span and we need some more Dragonball Z fusion abilities thread...

Anyone else feel this way? 

Power 1 is meh

Power 2 does it's job I guess

Power 3 is a tank ability...great

Power 4 sparked this thread.  I'm bored as heck with this ability.  It needs more uniqueness.

Actually a lot of frames are boring as heck now...I don't know what it is....I still find Nyx pleasing because she can play in her own little world inside a mission with Mind Control.  Ember is actually fun with an optimized build, her hadouken and Power 2 are cool.

I think my boredom is coming from majority of the frames if not all have nothing leading after you press 1-2-3-4.  It's like after I press 4...that's it...after I press 2...that's it....nothing requires my brain to do a follow up tactic..

This is why I understand why frames like Trinity are loved because she requires some type of follow up tactic to benefit the squad.  Limbo can be added also...everyone else is just...TAH DAAAAAAAAHH that's it....

Probably not but hopefully this new frame actually requires players to do a follow up plan after pressing 1-2-3-4

I made a topic a long time ago where it would be game changing if powers interacting with each other..and I mean all powers..meaning if Frost does Snow Globe and Hydroid does Water Puddle it would cause some type of synergy of a new power....

Me personally if our powers keep this cookie cutter type of style it's going to get bland fast....

Edited by Ishki88

Well, I agree, most warframes are getting boreing because of their 4 use.

However, personally, I don`t get bored of them. What I do, is go against what everyone does.

I mod and use rhino for his 1. Just to laugh at every rhino-master-race players. (they get angry if i dont spam stomp and iron skin)

I mod excal for 3 and 1 combo. Amazing for fast stuff and I can use 4 if i need.

I use nova for 3 and 1. Since I first started playing her.

Those are the only ones I can think of right now, but some frames i like so much (looks mainly - not rhino. i hate him) that i just remod them for any occasion I need.

Yea, I have zephyr, so I could easily use her 1 and them use the rest of her abilities but that is not fun, I like messing stuff up to annoy "you must do that NOW' people that I find in way too many places.

Also a Rhino with Iron skin and 1 is kinda scary to run into.

My 2 fav frames are Nova and Ember. Nova is an all time wonder. I can use her in every situation. And I do.. unless I need to do a Nightmare mission. Ember... her WoF got nerfed to death recently so I was sad as hell when I saw that.. I loved taking her into void and having 40% dmg just by spamming all skills until i ran out of energy. My WoF had 30 secs duration!!! With a nova in the party, T4 was easy as slapping a baby.

Edited by Elannor

I wish everyone had synergy like Loki.

I agree and Loki is one of my favorite frames to play, because he has no "press to win" abilities.

Even the new Nova is better now and she used to be a nuke all, so I believe these other frames will be investigated and tweaked eventually.

Mesa I potato'd and got to 30, but after that I just wasn't excited to play her anymore. Same thing with Limbo.

Mirage was fun, but she breaks the game all the time for me.

Edited by sushidubya

Exacly why I don't play Mesa too often. I didn't play Loki for a while and I did today, it's so much more fun than other frames.

Oberon is also fun and so is Ember and Mirage...

I don't know, a lot of frames are fun when I haven't played much. I switch around quite a lot.

Yes I think frames need more dynamics.

To Elannor, I've been going against the grain for the longest.  People are NOW realizing Saryn/Mesa can be used as a melee frame.  Everytime I log in I go into my Arsenal Chemist mode.  

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Cleaning

One of the reasons I like Valkyr is that her powers are more interesting and have synergy with eachother, she's got:

-An ability that pulls you to enemies (or the other way around).

-An ability that stuns enemies around you so you can follow up with devastating finishers.

-An ability that makes her harder to kill, slows down her enemies and speed up her melee, giving you the chance to shred them all to bits.

-An ability that makes you an indestructable ball of rage, but still requires you to hunt down enemies yourself and take them down.

Her kit is great in that none of her abilities overlap and they all have their own uses, and as a result she has her own unique play-style, though you have to be pretty skilled if you want to compete with nuke frames. I wish there were more frames like her, and I don't mean melee frames, I mean frames with powers that all have their uses and contribute to a unique play-style.

Anywho, yes I think frames need more dynamics.

To Elannor, I've been going against the grain for the longest.  People are NOW realizing Saryn/Mesa can be used as a melee frame.  Everytime I log in I go into my Arsenal Chemist mode.  

Yea.

Sometimes its fun just to see how far I can stretch a frame in a completely opposite build to what is popular/recommended. I lost my minds when I saw how far rhino goes with all duration mods with his 1. Still got no clue what name that ability is. 

off the top of my head

limbo`s 1 plus volts 4 equals= banishing storm

enemy killed by this rift charged storm have a chance to leave behind magnetic anomalys,which pull in enemys for there duration while doing heavy magnetic damage

requirements: a banished volt using overload

Man we have a hipster here ppl he is so against the meta.

Btw its called rhino charge and it has an augment mod (steel meridan is one of syndi giving it) that increases your armor based on enemies hit.

Guess what I didn't play rhino for weeks and didn't use charge and I know that.

Man you are so amazing there, going against meta rolling around with charge, why we plebs copter around.

I dont use Rhino that much as I specified. 

I feel like a lot of kits and single abilities in this game are poorly designed or boring in general.  Everyone has their favorites and will defend their babies to death even if they could be so much better than they are now though.

if it were up to me, a lot of suits would see hard reworks (including energy costs, the ways we get energy, and so on).  I don't think they need synergy with other suits to be interesting or viable.  Synergy with their own stats and abilities would suffice.  The combinations that players come up with themselves are far more interesting and entertaining to players in the long run than the ones DE might contrive anyway.

Edited by ArcusVeles

I feel like a lot of kits and single abilities in this game are poorly designed or boring in general.  Everyone has their favorites and will defend their babies to death even if they could be so much better than they are now though.

if it were up to me, a lot of suits would see hard reworks (including energy costs, the ways we get energy, and so on).  I don't think they need synergy with other suits to be interesting or viable.  Synergy with their own stats and abilities would suffice.  The combinations that players come up with themselves are far more interesting and entertaining to players in the long run than the ones DE might contrive anyway.

This. You said it better.

*Obvious loki master race post*

Hes fun though, Ive been bouncing between him, excal and rhino. Each have their points so I have fun. Also waiting for saryn prime to party hardy.

Loki is a really balanced frame. 

Personally, I dont like him.. Maybe cause he`s male and.. male.. and.. he`s a guy.. I guess I`m a feminatzi now.. I just like to stare at women`s &#! rather than a guy`s.. 

Volt has some great synergy between powers and is a squishier version of Saryn IMO. He relies more on the stun from his casts so you have to kill very quickly afterwards. 4 is an AoE stun and does some damage. 3 is to let yourself recuperate in relative safety. 2 (I use speed shock aug) allows you to "breach" enemies piled together and stun them while you position yourself behind them to hit them hard. 1 is pretty plain though, but you can spam it for stun while reloading which is tactical/useful.

For the most part I think you can make just about any frame fun depending on how you use them. Use powers in a less than optimal way and you could find a unique way to make them all synergize and lead into each other.

-snip-

Eh. 

I don't agree. In fact I strongly disagree. 

Loki is a really balanced frame. 

Personally, I dont like him.. Maybe cause he`s male and.. male.. and.. he`s a guy.. I guess I`m a feminatzi now.. I just like to stare at women`s ! rather than a guy`s.. 

At least you're honest. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

You know what you do after using your abilities?

You move, shoot, melee, whatever else.

If you want to play a pure caster, give trogdor Ember a go, with her you can chain cc in between burning things to the ground.

Alternatively you could try Banshee, she really teaches you how to combo powers with shooting and repositioning, and all 4 of her powers are useful on the right build.

Or you could give Tank Mesa or HoME Mirage a go.

They play pretty similar, keep your buffs up (Shatter Shield, Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse) and go to town with gunplay.

Sure they may lack further power combos, but I like being able to make my own wombo combos.

Case and point, Jat Kittag blast sending an enemy flying, followed up with a Rhino charge, and then you finish them off with a curb stomp.