Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa (Other Frames) Are Boring Now...

Ishki88

Eh.

I don't agree. In fact I strongly disagree.

At least you're honest.

Care to counter argue? Why wouldn't you like to see some powers have more dynamics than press 44 then shoot? Ignore my synergy between frames comment edit: Nevermind for some reason it said my name and not his Dx Edited by Ishki88

Care to counter argue? Why wouldn't you like to see some powers have more dynamics than press 44 then shoot? Ignore my synergy between frames comment edit: Nevermind for some reason it said my name and not his Dx

It's just that it's the playstyle for me, but I'm not bothering with a full blown counter argument because I don't really have a good argument. It's more just that I play differently, so I'm seeing it a bit differently. 

Dont like it?

Don't play it?

Problem?

I...highly doubt this is the way to go about things...

But yes.

synergy is needed.

DIRELY.

Take a look at mass effect 3.

warp+throw=biotic explosion (kit synergy)

incinerate+overload=tech burst (kit synergy)

Spamming one ability got you nowhere.

Chaining them together, possibly with teammates, on the other hand... KABOOM.

No fourth ability that outweighed the others

Cooldowns instead of energy

All abilities used together

=

SUCCESS.

I love Mesa do death seriously..I just wish she had some more UMPH..if they keep the idea of her powers but just remix them a bit...let us PREVIEW the mixes so we can atleast try to put in some input that would be really cool.......we as in the entire community 

I have a thread already about her power 1 I could dig up.....her Power 2 is fine I have no real complaints atm...Power 3 helps I don't mind it at all...It's her 4.....maybe more swag poses? maybe an augment for her power 4?  On her legs look like grenades or something? Maybe she could have a throwable 4? like some grenades or something..some type of  scattered storm of grenades something crazy..I dunno...I'll try and think of some stuff when I'm off

Especially now that every frame has access to all four of their abilities at all times (remember each ability taking a mod slot? I sure don't want to.) synergy does need to be addressed

My two cents... Hydroid should be able to cast tidal surge from puddle and possibly tentacles as well to keep enemies he tried to drown busy when he needs to go and it could help localize said tentacles in specific spots

A couple more cents... Hydroid tentacles and Zephyr tornadoes should be recastable for when they get out of control or are in unnecessary places and I don't mean stack spam I mean like deactivation when they are not needed at their current position so they can be cast in proper situations without waiting for timer. Do realize they did this for Limbo ult. Sorry if I left out other skills that could use this but zephyr and hydroid ults are just from the top of my head

One of the reasons I like Valkyr is that her powers are more interesting and have synergy with eachother, she's got:

-An ability that pulls you to enemies (or the other way around).

-An ability that stuns enemies around you so you can follow up with devastating finishers.

-An ability that makes her harder to kill, slows down her enemies and speed up her melee, giving you the chance to shred them all to bits.

-An ability that makes you an indestructable ball of rage, but still requires you to hunt down enemies yourself and take them down.

Her kit is great in that none of her abilities overlap and they all have their own uses, and as a result she has her own unique play-style, though you have to be pretty skilled if you want to compete with nuke frames. I wish there were more frames like her, and I don't mean melee frames, I mean frames with powers that all have their uses and contribute to a unique play-style.

I cannot agree about Valkyr's abilities not having overlap:

Her 3 bolsters armor for survivability, yet her 4 makes her high armor irrelevant, because "Invulnerability"

Three of Valkyr's abilities Synergize well and benefit from Range...and then there is Hysteria which prefers negative Range.

(Argument could be made that her high armor is there to save her from the enemies she did not kill while in Hysteria, but that right there is an issue. Hysteria as a Psuedo-self heal was fine pre-Life Strike....Also Hysteria only catering to certain melee weapons has Hysteria melee fighting against WarCry elemental/Glaive-esque/Redeemer/Channeling melee builds)

Other than Hysteria, Valkyr has decent Synergy with her 3 abilities.

Paralysis+WarCry is still a better AoE CC than Prolonged Paralysis: Against High level knockdown resistant Eximus or Ancient Healer Aura protected Infested (Aura protects Infested from knockdown but they are still susceptible to Stagger and Slow (Paralysis+WarCry)...also finisher attack on Charger with Aura and Swarm Armor...compared to Prolonged Paralysis fail against Ancient Healer Aura and Swarm Armor)

See's "Dragonball Z fusion abilities" in topic

Leave's Topic

Doesn't matter you've already entered :^)  And you'll enter again since I quoted you.  Your DBZ hate obscures your thoughts.  So you'll never understand my comparison.  Also DBZ as an anime is decent, as a brand it's god-like.  Not even debatable.

It's another one of 'those' posts.

It's another one of 'those' posts.  :^)

Sad to see brains going to waste....a lot of disagreements..close to no reasons though lol

Time will tell though, I do feel powers will be more dynamic in the future.    

I agree and Loki is one of my favorite frames to play, because he has no "press to win" abilities.

Loki Doesn't have any press to win abilities? So disarming an entire room of mobs at the press of a button(and making them fight each other with aug.) isn't press to win? That and invisiblity in this game is akin to invincibility.

I love Mesa's utility. Her first works better with semi auto or burst weapons, and when you release it, it does a lot of damage. Second is just useful as hell and the augment for that just makes it work even better. Her third is a great tank ability against bullets, but nothing that special. Fourth is pretty useful and can be activated and used in the air/while moving.

And Warframe synergy has been talked about for a while. Haven't seen it implemented though.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc

I agree that most frames are a bit boring, there is too much damage oriented frames and few with interesting mechanics (from my tastes).

I enjoy Valkyr, Trinity, Nyx and Limbo and hoping for the next female frame to have some kind of interesting mechanic.

When Mirage was released and i see her design i was pretty happy with it but hugely disappointed with her gameplay, pretty much 1-3 + shooting everything and 4 in few moments.

So permanently giving batons to every enemy in 50 meters and making them bash their own faces in with them is not a "press to win" ability?

Nope. Pressing 4 and killing every enemy in the room is considered a "press to win" ability. RD disarms them and makes them weak-sauce yes, but doesn't kill them.