The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Players Want Excalibur Prime...

GeoDP

How about a skin that makes Excal look like Excal Prime? Shouldn't be to difficult to pull off.

Nope. Now, if they'd add a skin that had Excal Prime's patten (the stripes), then I think that'd be fine. Honestly, I wouldn't even want that. 1) I'd want Excal Prime's pattern changed to look like the thin-lined/double-lined patterns that all other Primes (except Mag Prime and Nova Prime) have. 2) I'd want something that stands up to Loki Prime's design, and if not that, then at least one that stands up to Ember Prime's design. Then I'd want a skin like that to be made available for Excalibur and Excalibur Prime. Oh, and the metal would be PBR'd, of course, with a helmet to go with it. That's what I'd want.

How about a skin that makes Excal look like Excal Prime? Shouldn't be to difficult to pull off.

It's mostly about the extra mastery points otherwise all you get is a boost off void traps not worth upsetting a comunity about. haha not saying i "deserve" founders items, far from it, just spit balling ideas in a theoretical conversation, obviously none of us are going to ever see those founders items in our inventory unless we already have them haha

Honestly, I'd be more than happy if DE would release a Prime Access/Market/Void farmable Excalibur Prime Mk II, if it meant that we could get an prime version of Excalibur that looked as good as Loki Prime. Come to think of it, I REALLY want them to do that.

humm, that seems an very inreasting idea, so whuold this Excal be any different to the Founder one in looks and such? or like no extra slots or so?.

I honestly don;t care about Excal Prime, he looks nice, as he looks smaller then the other, but all in all, hes just an white excal with an key slaped to his face .

The Prototype skin however, that is good.

Also, just an random silly thought, but what whuold happen if someone sued DE, because of something like this?, not saying they should be by all all means, Im just wondering what will happen.    

Edited by LegionCynex

I understand some choices made by developers can cause some frustration on players that like to complete collections as we call them completionists or collectors but it's kind of a trend in many games nowadays and it's not exclusive to Warframe as a solution to promote Buy Before You Try.

How about making him tradeable?

I know it's probably a bad idea,but whatever it's something.

Putting aside the kneejerk reaction to another excal P thread, I'd say this or somthing like this would be a good idea simply for founders that have left WF or will leave, just so we don;t have a bunch of gear lying around and getting no use. There would still be a limited amount at all times, but its a shame to see them go to waste. Its not like it will cause anymore problems or rustle any more feathers then it already does.

Let me answer this for not only these 2 quotes, but for anyone who ever considers the return of Founders Exclusives. I would never sign a new agreement, change of agreement, change of terms, exclusivity release or any other thing you can/want to call it for the founders gear to be re-introduced. In order for any "idea" of how to re-introduce or trade/sell him you would need full consent from all founders and if I was the last one I would never give my consent.

So now you know.

humm, that seems an very inreasting idea, so whuold this Excal be any different to the Founder one in looks and such? or like no extra slots or so?.

I honestly don;t care about Excal Prime, he looks nice, as he looks smaller then the other, but all in all, hes just an white excal with an key slaped to his face .

The Prototype skin however, that is good. 

Yeah, it'd be different. It'd be much closer to the design of the other Primes, where they are the regular frame with attachments, probably similar to Nyx Prime.

I think it shouldn't be tradeable. It belongs to founders so only founders should be allowed to use it. That's part of the fashion of Exc Prime itself.

In the moment you'd make it tradeable it would lose all its mystery and would become just another expensive toy. 

Oh, "parts". So an entirely new warframe. It still shouldn't use the death orbs, as it's not a Prime frame.

I don't see why a Warframe that is "baptized in the void's energy", as said in Prisma Veritux's codex entry, couldn't have interactions with Orokin technology.  Not that there needs to be a strict lore reason for these kinds of things.

I mostly posited the idea because it'd be an acceptable stand-in for not being able to access the Prime version of Excal (and Lato, and Skana).  Just releasing a Prisma version that fills that gap would be a viable compromise.

How can you sell something that is already leveled up?

Also, there is no workaround around obtaining Founder items.

I posted this ealier in the thread.  The fact they haven't done it for Syndicate Weapons is stupid... You should be able to trade your stuff, but it should reset to level 0 for the other player.  Any Catalysts and Formas removed.  Just reset the gun.  Cakewalk.

The knee jerk reactions in this thread are priceless.

Everything from people not realising OP already has excal P to just generally not reading and realising this isn't a whine thread.

I forgot that a good portion of the forum community doesn't exactly excel in reading and comprehension skills.

I don't know where to begin, so I'm not even going to try.

lol.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The knee jerk reactions in this thread are priceless.

Everything from people not realising OP already has excal P to just generally not reading and realising this isn't a whine thread.

I forgot that a good portion of the forum community doesn't exactly excel in reading and comprehension skills.

I don't know where to begin, so I'm not even going to try.

lol.

I think the amount of misunderstanding in this thread is even worse. No one wants to realize that allowing trade of excal primes would cause more harm than good since it would be screwing over console players by allowing pc players an opportunity to obtain him again. 

Expanding excalibur primes exclusivity is not going to benefit the game if the possibility to obtain him is not given to all the players on both console and pc versions of warframe.

this comment was not directed at you btw but to everyone here that doesnt understand why allowing trade of excal can't  work

I think the amount of misunderstanding in this thread is even worse. No one wants to realize that allowing trade of excal primes would cause more harm than good since it would be screwing over console players by allowing pc players an opportunity to obtain him again. 

Expanding excalibur primes exclusivity is not going to benefit the game if the possibility to obtain him is not given to all the players on both console and pc versions of warframe.

this comment was not directed at you btw but to everyone here that doesnt understand why allowing trade of excal can't  work

I get where you're coming from, but in all honesty people need to grow up. This isn't a console issue, so bringing console into it is pointless and not a valid point.

No one is saying this will stem the tide of whine (which will never happen), that isn't the goal, its just a way of making sure all those shinies don't go to waste.

There are a lot of founders that have left WF for good, so seeing all that gear dissapear is kind of a waste.

Either way it certainly isn't screwing anyone over or harming anyone and wont make the whine worse. Well, not anyone that has enough maturity to not get their jimmies rustled over a few pixels and as harsh as its sounds, anyone that doesn't have the maturity to deal with that really has very little to offer to the discussion.

Side note: My post before wasn't to do with whether or not this should be allowed, it was really just me expressing my amazement at most of the ridiculous posts on this thread.

I really don't see why people want him or the other founder stuff... they're just weak weapons and excalibur is the EXACT same thing as the normal excal, only a little bit more bling hardly noticiable. The only thing i would like then to do is reduce/add the 12k rank points you would get from ranking then up, for non founders, since that helps in progression.

Edited by Ingway

Honestly, I'd be more than happy if DE would release a Prime Access/Market/Void farmable Excalibur Prime Mk II, if it meant that we could get an prime version of Excalibur that looked as good as Loki Prime. Come to think of it, I REALLY want them to do that.

That's (Loki prime design) the trend I was referencing.

+1

I get where you're coming from, but in all honesty people need to grow up. This isn't a console issue, so bringing console into it is pointless and not a valid point.

No one is saying this will stem the tide of whine (which will never happen), that isn't the goal, its just a way of making sure all those shinies don't go to waste.

There are a lot of founders that have left WF for good, so seeing all that gear dissapear is kind of a waste.

Either way it certainly isn't screwing anyone over or harming anyone and wont make the whine worse. Well, not anyone that has enough maturity to not get their jimmies rustled over a few pixels and as harsh as its sounds, anyone that doesn't have the maturity to deal with that really has very little to offer to the discussion.

Side note: My post before wasn't to do with whether or not this should be allowed, it was really just me expressing my amazement at most of the ridiculous posts on this thread.

It is a console issue though, if DE allows pc to trade their excal primes they are saying "we are going to allow pc players another chance to get excalibur prime but console players can not". That means they would be offering exclusivity again but it would only be available to pc players.

The idea itself to allow excal to be tradeable sounds harmless but there are negative side effects it would cause that are to damaging to the game.

The main one being Exclusivity.

Something i thought this community has fought to make sure DE never does again.

Let me answer this for not only these 2 quotes, but for anyone who ever considers the return of Founders Exclusives. I would never sign a new agreement, change of agreement, change of terms, exclusivity release or any other thing you can/want to call it for the founders gear to be re-introduced. In order for any "idea" of how to re-introduce or trade/sell him you would need full consent from all founders and if I was the last one I would never give my consent.

So now you know.

We aren't talking about Founder's Exclusives...

We are talking about Excalibur Prime.

There is a Founder's Exclusive Excalibur Prime.

That does not necessitate it be the only version of Excal Prime.

Likewise, it shouldn't be the only version of Excal Prime.

Were there alternate versions of Excalibur Prime for the different systems It wouldn't violate the Founder's offer at all.

They can't have my Excal prime either... But that doesn't mean they shouldn't have access to another version of Excalibur Prime though.

My assertion is that no version of Excal Prime should be Farmable or Tradeable.

Edited by Padre_Akais

It is a console issue though, if DE allows pc to trade their excal primes they are saying "we are going to allow pc players another chance to get excalibur prime but console players can not". That means they would be offering exclusivity again but it would only be available to pc players.

The idea itself to allow excal to be tradeable sounds harmless but there are negative side effects it would cause that are to damaging to the game.

The main one being Exclusivity.

Something i thought this community has fought to make sure DE never does again.

DE bounded themself with statement about Founders will never be released again, and they cannot go back on that. I agree with you that releasing or making it available on one port would cause chain reaction of butthurt across other ports.

There is a simple reason why threads related to Founders items are locked. They end up as Sun heat flamewars over time.