Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Does Not Need Changes, It Is Already Balanced

HibikiGanaha

I don't really understand the hate it get's. If you want to boring and effiecient then the Synoid G's your girl if you want to use something else there is literally nothing stopping you. Anyway Warframe is a PvE game meaning that balancing every single weapon would take amounts of time and would probably take years to do. It's not like PvP was originally created to enhance the game; PvP was created because people kept asking for it. When it does get created and is not balanced then people cry a weapon is OP. Secondly there will always be a weapon that is more powerful than another weapon and people will use the most powerful weapon to do things more efficiently even if the difference is only 1 more point in puncture than a silmilar weapon of the same type (i.e. Braton,Karak, and Tetra). If all weapons of the same type did the same damage but spread out in Puncture, Impact, and Slash the Corpus would get more use because of their tendency for Puncture damage making them better against the Grineer and Corrupted. 

Edited by Luther848

FA4erQl.jpg

This is how long 25 meters is, from where I'm standing to that wall I'm facing.  FOV set to default.
Wow.  So short.  Very falloff.  Much hindrance.  

By no means am I implying a range nerf, but the "25 meters" argument as justification for the Sudacor's power just shows how out of touch the community is with distance in this game.  All it took was waypointing trial-and-error (and while I have the HUD disabled, I can guarantee that the waypoint read '25m' when I placed it in front).

Edited by Sonitorum

By no means am I implying a range nerf, but the "25 meters" argument as justification for the Sudacor's power just shows how out of touch the community is with distance in this game.  All it took was waypointing trial-and-error (and while I have the HUD disabled, I can guarantee that the waypoint read '25m' when I placed it in front).

I now want to petition to rename the weapon to the Sudacor

What is wrong with your brain? Why are you asking for a NERF? Why are you complaing about something that tips the scales in YOUR favor?

Thats a joke right? Because this is a game, we play it for fun not to make a living with or anything.

Might as well start cheating or not play at all with your way of thinking.

People, people.

CHILL.

I'm talking with 4 forma in my Synoid Gammacor and intensive experiments with builds.

DO NOT TRUST WARFRAME BUILDER'S THEORITICAL DPS.

DPS on paper and DPS in action are too different things.

Optimised for max DPS of 48k I'm running out fo ammo pretty fast.

Optimal DPS balanced with performance is a little more than 30-35k, with utility mods.

Range might need a nerf, or falloff starting from mid-range.

Otherwise weapon is fine.

Radial disarm forces short range combat. Volt shield greatly extends range of the beam. Nova ult slows enemies down allowing you to get as close as you like and draw squiggles on their faces before they can even shoot you. Rhino stomp / Bastille / Vortex stops enemies dead in their tracks allowing you to sit there pointing your laser pointer at them all day. I see people using stuff like this for arguments about why synoid is overpowered and it's short range doesn't matter. Your arguments are invalid, these are Warframe abilities that help make ANY weapon better, not just synoid. Think of a different argument.

Weak argument. PvE games need balance just as PvP games need balance.

You can gladly start by complainig about nullifiers, bombard homing missiles, prime weapons, broken frame abilities(loki disarm, nova molecular prime), clan tech weapons etc.

Nerfing the gammacor is just going to make people like you stop whining before the next nerf victim is found.

1. Dont attack me as a player personally. I dont even know what you mean by "people like me", nor do i care to.

2. I DONT use it, I prefer the Vaykor Marelok as i find Health-Tanking to be more effective

3. You are STILL not factoring the TIME IT TAKES to get this weapon!

Its for ENDGAME PLAYERS, or people who bought a TON of plat and want to buy it straight on the market. And if you DONT have deep pockets you need MS 3, and to then proceed to farm 372000 points of affinity from nothing.

Unless you are already above MS 15, and can quickly gain access to high-tier daily missions, this is shoving a HUGE grind gate in your face for a powerful weapon.

Take the Dragon Nikana for instance, which boasts one of the highest single-strike channeling DPS in the game.

You need to be MS 4 to gain the base Nikana, get invited into a clan with it, grind argon

Then level up to MS 8 to gain access to the blue print for the Dragon, and grind some more argon.

You cant say things that are locked behind progress barriers as being too overpowered. The hell was the point of climbing the mountain if its just a useless piece of gear up top?

He already said my piece so I'll just leave this here.

Honestly, I like the SGamm the way it is. However, I firmly believe that a good many weapons need to have a solid MR15 or up requirement for how good they are.... Especially some prime weapons, and yet prime weapons are all MR0.

I've always said the best should require work not money. +1

S.Gramaphone is an endgame weapon that is supposed to be powerful under heavy modding. I do not see anything wrong that some weapons are more powerful than the others - that's all the game is about. The Acrid is even PvP nerfed is very powerful in PvP still.Why of course let's whine that we need to nerf it.

Edited by YourMoms

OK guys if you get the Synoid Gammacor nerfed, then i see no reason for any other "way too common" weapon to be nerfed as well, let's see

- Dread

- Soma Prime

- Boltor Prime

- Amprex

- Brakk

just to name a few, are we ok?

Also, for the syndicate weapons, since the only problem of the Gammacore is its diffusion...
WHEN ARE YOU PLANNING TO MAKE THEM TRADABLE ONLY TO EQUIPARABLE SYNDICATE RANKED PEOPLE?

i.e. a MR2 and R0 in every syndicate finally won't be never able to buy syndicate weapons in trade channel, to do that a player should be at least be R5 in any other syndicate.

Edited by perfectStranger

OK guys if you get the Synoid Gammacor nerfed, then i see no reason for any other "way too common" weapon to be nerfed as well, let's see

- Dread

- Soma Prime

- Boltor Prime

- Amprex

- Brakk

just to name a few, are we ok?

Leave my amprex alone! You can take away my toaster, my freedom, my TV, my Lisette, but when you mention amprex, this is war!

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

wtf

perfectStranger, on 25 Feb 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:snapback.png

"way too common" weapon

- Dread

- Boltor Prime

- Amprex

- Brakk

I hardly see any of these, like ever.

that is exactly after Syndicate weapons have became uncontrollably diffused, being obtained merely through trade rather than merit.

On one side they offer reliable platinum for the sellers and on the other end it gets any player an end weapon for a few platinum, even if the player has started playing Warframe the very day.

Before the synoid it was indeed the Boltor Prime the weapon called for a nerf.

Edited by perfectStranger

if you say the No.1 dps secondary in the game is "balanced". i'm not sure what should i say. it's not balanced. but i dont want to see too much nerf either.

Well there will pretty much always be one weapon which has the highest DPS.

That is not really the issue, the issue is not making that dps ridiculously gamebreaking like on the SG and putting other limitations on the weapon like huge recoil or needing to reload every second.

Nobody is asking it to be nerfed "much", just enough to make it less silly.