Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Does Not Need Changes, It Is Already Balanced

HibikiGanaha

I've already said everything I need to say. Your only argument has ever been "it's balanced because it has a range of 25m and some rooms are too big for that".

That's it. That's all you've got, which myself and others have been over numerous times. Few people have agreed with you.

I've soundly defeated your argument and all you had to say was "yeah. okay. sure."  After that, the best you could do was lower yourself to insults to try to discredit me. 

Even now you're ignoring my previous post.  Try to come up with something that is an actual argument against what I've said about players camping on the small tiles on survival.  If anything, it sounds like the issue is on survival and has little to do with the gammacor.

No way, none of the Loki's abilities can deal damage, and you say it's broken? You know nothing about balance, mate.

Since Loki is a Tactical Frame, he have to be good at something to compensate the lack of damage.

I don't know what to tell you if you think loki isn't broken tier.  His ultimate permanently removes guns from enemies, effectively giving them 0 DPS.  I'm pretty comfortable saying I know about balance if I can spot the most imbalanced ability in the game.  Runner up is M Prime with it's 75% 80m slow that also gives 2x damage and explodes.

Wow, you would think that people would $#*(@ less in a PvE game.

Most people here have no idea about balance and only talk just because they feel its Op. Seriously, all other syndicate weapons should be buffed to s,gammacor levels to deal with enemies that are 80+. Even then, this weapon becones clumsy at dealing with such threats.

The majority of the whiners here probably have never gone beyond 40+.

The irony is that no one cares about level 80+ enemies. They once did when alerts threw level 120 enemies at you.

So far they haven't offered up a solution to endless missions have they?

It's always nerf this nerf that. In the end it would be better to bring the difficulty to you, rather than scale you down to their level. Tactics alerts help.

Perhaps it's time they introduce something other raids with level 80+ enemies.

They may change their tune. Whether it should or not...Who knows.

Compare to Amprex and Synapse, Synoid Gammacor is single target, so it's reasonable to have a longer range to them.

Compare to Marelok, it has a limited range of 25m, you have to get in range to kill far away Ballista, Bombards and nullifier who could all 1 shot you. Besides. Marelok's damage is instant, while Synoid Gammacor has a delay in dealing damage.

In light of its range, I can only accept if it is being reduced to no less then 22, so it's longer than Amprex and Synapse, but shorter than Flux Rifle. And it can hit most of the dangerous enemies to maintain its defensive usage.

In light of its ammo efficiency, decrease it a bit as people mentioned above. But just a bit, a defensive weapon shouldn't put yourself in lack of ammo too fast.

That's what I have in mind to satisfy some people who thinks its OP.

Edited by climatiseur

Compare to Amprex and Synapse, Synoid Gammacor is single target, so it's reasonable to have a longer range to them.

Compare to Marelok, it has a limited range of 25m, you have to get in range to kill far away Ballista, Bombards and nullifier who could all 1 shot you. Besides. Marelok's damage is instant, while Synoid Gammacor has a delay in dealing damage.

In light of its range, I can only accept if it is being reduced to no less then 22, so it's longer than Amprex and Synapse, but shorter than Flux Rifle. And it can hit most of the dangerous enemies to maintain its defensive usage.

In light of its ammo efficiency, decrease it a bit as people mentioned above. But just a bit, a defensive weapon shouldn't put yourself in lack of ammo too fast.

That's what I have in mind to satisfy some people who thinks its OP.

amprex and synapse are primaries - dont compare them with a weapon that takes a different inventory slot

also, synapse is single target - so it's weird to put it next to amprex in an argument that SG is single target - and has range of 18m

compare SG to embolist - also a 2ndary stream weapon with limited range AND two mastery levels above - and embolist looks like S#&$

Edited by onemoonlight

I find no reason why primary and secondary cannot be compared with each other.

Synapse is single target - My mistake. I never use it, just saw videos and I must have remembered wrong.

Embolist emits gas, which I think the range is limited by its attack nature, that's why.

(...) Embolist emits gas, which I think the range is limited by its attack nature, that's why.

...which wasnt the point at all

it still has the same mechanics SG has - it's a stream type weapon and for the 2ndary slot

it has less range than SG, it has less status than SG, it has almost no crit and it has a higher mastery requirement, not to mention ammo model

SG is too strong for its tier

Numbers quickly start to matter as enemy level increases. I'm going to use your own examples of a Gammacor that does 40k and a Lato that does 1001. The moment that it starts to take multiple shots for one to take down an enemy compared to the other, it's already started to fall off. It clearly does not perform as well as the others.

Numbers don't matter in a vacuum. Too bad the game is never played like this.

It's statistically superior to most other primaries. Please explain how it doesn't give you a leg up simply for owning it.

Yes, and thats exactly my point... More than half of the weapons in this game can One Hit Kill any enemy on any mission to the minimum of completion.  So does it matter if you are using a gammacor or a braton to do it?

Taking it a step further, as I said before, there are dozens of weapons that will bring you effectively to 60min in a T4 survival...... What makes all of them garbage when they can still do the effective job they did before even now?

Those "statistics" dont come in to play until a difficulty level that most people cant even reach. What you dont seem to understand is it isnt about the weapon, it is purely about the person using it. Explain to me why im carrying pugs with my nekros and a lanka and they are dieing left and right with their rhino primes and 5 forma boltor primes..... wondering why they cant make it to 40min with their "god tier" build....

So you imply that players have ruined weapons in the past by calling for nerfs, then you can't think of a single instance of it happening.

Okay.

I have a habit of reading patchnotes. I remember all the changes after Damage 2.0. Last actual nerfs were vs all the shotguns when they got status and crit chance re-calculated to be lower and Accelerated Blast mod got significantly nerfed. Almost a year ago. 

Then there was a change to ammo for explosive weapons, which you could also call a nerf especially impacting spammy weapons like Castanas, But Penta and especially Torid got buffed quite a lot after that.

Other than that there were many buffs to lots of weapons.

Anyone who cries about DE nerfing weapons is out of touch with reality, or rather has no idea what he's talking about. 

Edited by Monolake

I have a habit of reading patchnotes. I remember all the changes after Damage 2.0. Last actual nerfs were vs all the shotguns when they got status and crit chance re-calculated to be lower and Accelerated Blast mod got significantly nerfed. Almost a year ago. 

Then there was a change to ammo for explosive weapons, which you could also call a nerf especially impacting spammy weapons like Castanas, But Penta and especially Torid got buffed quite a lot after that.

Anyone who cries about DE nerfing weapons is out of touch with reality, or rather has no idea what he's talking about. 

Shotgun nerfs were technically bugfixes but they were totally unnecessary.  Only Phage was overpowered among the shotguns.

Shotgun nerfs were technically bugfixes but they were totally unnecessary.  Only Phage was overpowered among the shotguns.

And none of those things were due to players. That was back when the Hek was an absolute beast that could be used to snipe mobs. A shotgun sniping mobs. I remember the Embolist also getting nerfed, but that wasn't due to players either.

And none of those things were due to players. That was back when the Hek was an absolute beast that could be used to snipe mobs. A shotgun sniping mobs. I remember the Embolist also getting nerfed, but that wasn't due to players either.

1)Hek sniping and dmg falloff introduction happened in u7 or u8 either way 2 years ago.

2)Then there was also dmg 2.0 which slightly nerfed bratons, latos and acrid.

3)After that they fixed shotuns relation with crits which was also mentioned.

4)And sometime along the way there was melee 2.0 which touched melee weapons.

5)ammo nerf already mentioned

Thats it, open beta till now, all weapon nerfs accross over 2 years.

Now ill even say which ones happened due to community feedback

1) and 5)

Edited by Davoodoo

1)Hek sniping and dmg falloff introduction happened in u7 or u8 either way 2 years ago.

2)Then there was also dmg 2.0 which slightly nerfed bratons, latos and acrid.

3)After that they fixed shotuns relation with crits which was also mentioned.

4)And sometime along the way there was melee 2.0 which touched melee weapons.

5)ammo nerf already mentioned

Thats it, open beta till now, all weapon nerfs accross over 2 years.

Now ill even say which ones happened due to community feedback

1) and 5)

Ammo nerf was something that took years to happen, but yes, that was community. Disagree with 1 being because of the community though.

Ammo nerf was something that took years to happen, but yes, that was community. Disagree with 1 being because of the community though.

I remember huge discussion about how to reduce hek sniping. Funny how ppl back then actually wanted diversity instead of running with same weapon all the time.

Either way, 5 nerfs since March 21, 2013

Edited by Davoodoo

Well, I used synoid gammacor a lot when it was new, but now I switch around to Brakk and Vaykor Marelok a lot. Suda's gammacor is indeed pretty balanced among top tier secondary weapons.

Its not balanced. It is OP and needs to be nerfed to hell. No, it needs to be nerfed to limbo!

Do you use Brakk, Marelok? How is gammacor objectively any better? I'd say buff other syndicate weapon. I was getting tired of same old brakk, detron, marelok trio. With castanas sometimes making guest appearance. Add more to the top tier pool.

Still awaiting a solid, cohesive argument against the range limitation.

...which wasnt the point at all

it still has the same mechanics SG has - it's a stream type weapon and for the 2ndary slot

it has less range than SG, it has less status than SG, it has almost no crit and it has a higher mastery requirement, not to mention ammo model

SG is too strong for its tier

You forgot the 100% chance to proc toxin and how it's an aoe weapon; both are pretty huge aspects of the gun.  I haven't potatoed/fomaed an embolist yet, but it's one of the sidearms I'm looking forward to upgrading.

they shouldnt nerf it, we need more powerful weaps like this in game, in fact...im starting to wonder when we are gonna see mastery rank 10+ gear :/

I guess that there is the problem for some. People don't just take it to late level game. They keep it all over, thus ruining other's fun in the lower relms where they're using 'regular' weapons or leveling.

So a weapon that MIGHT NOT be OP where it counts, is ridiculous anywhere else.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Still awaiting a solid, cohesive argument against the range limitation.

Now you are pretending like all the arguments explaining how Gammacor is a better weapon regardless of DPS despite its range limit didn't exist?

please 

Edited by Monolake