Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakra P Vs The D Nikana

J1ffyLub3

Question

i'm currently not able to use either of these melee weapons, but i'd like to hear some insight regarding the pros and cons of each weapon before investing in them (15 O-cells is a lot for me)

I see the Dikana has a slightly higher base damage and status chance, but i'm not a huge fan of the blind justice on my nikana due to the awkward attack animations. i've also seen that many people see dakra as a better coptering weapon, and i really like mobility

EDIT: how is the dakra with iron phoenix? 

Edited by J1ffyLub3

19 answers to this question

Nikana Series is rather slow if you ask me.

Dragon Nikana does more Damage, but it feels slow and with too much time between strikes, even with Fury.

Dakra Prime doesn't have this problem IMO.

furthermore, using Damage to carry you like a scrub until you stop instakilling Enemies is a bad idea. CC is critically important, it'll help you not get killed.

ala i'm suggesting that Dakra Prime should be used with Iron Phoenix. a lot more CC than you normally have, and you'll be glad you have it once Enemies stop flopping over dead in a single strike.

if that's shots fired, whatever.

Long Swords are better suited for handling groups of Enemies. Katana Series Weapons are suited for single Target (even with other Stances).

even Iron Phoenix which is somewhat single targeted in terms of CC, can still handle other nearby Enemies.

Personal preference at this point, dnikana does have higher damage but that doesn't factor in dakra prime using crimson dervish which gives 300% damage boost. So if you have crimson dervish and like the look of the dakra go with it, if you like the look with the dnikana it does have 3 stances to choose from and some cool accessories if you have plat for them.

Since you said you like mobility I would say go with dakra prime.

i'm currently not able to use either of these melee weapons, but i'd like to hear some insight regarding the pros and cons of each weapon before investing in them (15 O-cells is a lot for me)

I see the Dikana has a slightly higher base damage and status chance, but i'm not a huge fan of the blind justice on my nikana. i've also seen that many people see dakra as a better coptering weapon, and i really like mobility

You answered your own question.  Dakra isn't great at coptering, but it does.  Nikana makes you fall out of the sky. What more is there to say.

Dakra P is definitely the better weapon for coptering. You also get more damage with the Dakra Prime when using Crimson Dervish than you do with the Dragon Nikana and its stances. However the stamina drain is 7 on the Dikana vs. 10 on the Dakra-P

I wasn't that enamored of Blind Justice, honestly.  I prefer Tranquil Cleave.  I don't copter either, so there's that.  I found the D.Nikana just generally better.  Despite the damage boost, I never really like Crimson Dervish as a stance either.  AFAIK, you only get the damage boost if you're actively using the weapon in that particular combo too, which makes it less good for quick-melee as well.

Range on Dakra was always an issue for me.

Can't hit a thing unless you have Reach on.

P.S. Spoiled Strike is overrated.

i feel this way with the nikana, maybe its because im not an advanced player yet, but holding the katana like that is just awkward with the animations

Dragon Nikana definitely wins out on damage and damage scaling (more hits for combo multiplier), but the Dakra does have better mobility.

If you have the mods, don't rule out the augmented Jaw Sword, Skana (Prime), etc. The +100% base damage is POTENT, and can make them more powerful than dakra in many situations.

The Dragon Nikana is awesome if you have Tranquil Cleave (don't use Blind Justice, it's cool but more trouble than it's worth) and looks pretty stylish. Dakra Prime seems to require Crimson Dervish, unlike Dragon Nikana, to compete though (don't be offended, people with Dakra and no Crimson Dervish! I use Mire, Sobek, Rakta Ballistica pre-buffs, Akmagnus and Kronen!) it's slow with it and doesn't seem to have very good range. I'd suggest Dragon Nikana if you're above Mastery Rank 8, even if you don't intend to use it - it's a symbol of status to me.

P.S. please call it Drakana rather than Dikana. For the sake of the children.

The Dragon Nikana is awesome if you have Tranquil Cleave (don't use Blind Justice, it's cool but more trouble than it's worth) and looks pretty stylish.

Blind Justice is vastly superior to Tranquil Cleave in terms of damage output and mobility.

If you want a comparison between the two check out my analysis:

Way of the Nikana - Blind Justice

Way of the Nikana - Tranquil Cleave

Dakra P is only competitive with Crimson Dervish stance, otherwise Dragon Nikana.  Both a solid weapons for late game content.

Dragon Nikana does more Damage, but it feels slow and with too much time between strikes, even with Fury.

furthermore, using Damage to carry you like a scrub until you stop instakilling Enemies is a bad idea. CC is critically important, it'll help you not get killed.

ala i'm suggesting that Dakra Prime should be used with Iron Phoenix. a lot more CC than you normally have, and you'll be glad you have it once Enemies stop flopping over dead in a single strike.

Long Swords are better suited for handling groups of Enemies. Katana Series Weapons are suited for single Target (even with other Stances).

even Iron Phoenix which is somewhat single targeted in terms of CC, can still handle other nearby Enemies.

this is what i'm going for currently. i am a huge fan of cc and mobility, so i think i'm going to give this a whirl

Galatine.

But seriously, of the two, I actually prefer the Dragon Nikana.  It's a matter of feel for me, and I rarely ever use the stance mods except for the mod points.  What I love about the Nikana and Dragon Nikana is the ability to quick-melee while running (not sprinting, mind you).  While you can quick-melee with Dakra while running, the Nikanas just feel faster to me.

Ask yourself this, though: do you like the feel of the Skana? Like, did you enjoy how the weapon handles? I know it's kind of a hard question to answer, but if you like or liked the Skana, then you'll probably prefer the Dakra.

Blind Justice is vastly superior to Tranquil Cleave in terms of damage output and mobility.

If you want a comparison between the two check out my analysis:

Way of the Nikana - Blind Justice

Way of the Nikana - Tranquil Cleave

Dakra P is only competitive with Crimson Dervish stance, otherwise Dragon Nikana.  Both a solid weapons for late game content.

Very impressive and well done comparisons. I've been looking for a long time for a more indepth Nikana stance comparison. Thank you sir.

This statement is unsupported by the data.

Dakra P

Physical Damage: 60

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit Multiplier: 1.5x

Attack speed: 1.0

Status Chance: 10%

Stamina use: 10

Dragon Nikana

Physical Damage: 85

Crit Chance: 15%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Attack Speed: 1.0

Status Chance: 15%

Stamina use: 7.5

Neither sword is a good CC weapon when there are much better contenders for that role, such as the Jat Kittag.

"... using Damage to carry you like a scrub until you stop instakilling Enemies is a bad idea."

This statement is rather odd.  The faster you kill your enemies through proper damage combinations the less damage you will take.  Damage also fuels your Life Strike, which can allow you to power through more difficult enemies.  If you are focused on CC, then get a proper CC weapon or use warframe abilities which suit that purpose.