The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Ready For Volt Prime And Prime Access? (The Hype Megathread)

Do you think Scott is going to touch him at all?

With his prime release, there's going to be a lot of attention on him.

I personally wish they would change him up a bit. I'm not saying he's bad. (He's my favorite frame in fact) But sometimes I just feel like he's missing something to make him a bit more special than just running around and stunning everything for a few seconds.

What are your thoughts?

While his ult does need a bit of attention, if you are just "running around and stunning everything for a few seconds" then im sorry to say you are doing it wrong. :P

He is both capable of support and damage depending on how you gear him. His shields can be both a defensive and offensive attribute in the game, his speed ability can also be used to not only increase your movement but also your melee speed as well as your teammates. There is quite a few different builds you can try that enable some variety of play styles.

I hope he tweaks volt prime more, if I am correct, volt has a v and dash polarity, what could make him a great "Tactician" would be if they gave him another dash, because dash polarities refer to tactical mods, V for offense, and the D(o god) for defense.

Maybe for stats they could increase his armor, or speed, or maybe health, speed or health would be nice. I already like volt, hes one of the best and most fun, his augments are alright, shock trooper really has no use unless you decide to be a storm trooper behind your friends, but shocking speed is great.

His overload needs a serious buff however, it feels really weak now, not like it used to be how I could spam it and everyone dies with 1000 electric damage, now decrease that by 10x :C, thats how weak it is.

Edited by 9tailboy

While his ult does need a bit of attention, if you are just "running around and stunning everything for a few seconds" then im sorry to say you are doing it wrong. :P

He is both capable of support and damage depending on how you gear him. His shields can be both a defensive and offensive attribute in the game, his speed ability can also be used to not only increase your movement but also your melee speed as well as your teammates. There is quite a few different builds you can try that enable some variety of play styles.

I do agree that he can be very versatile, especially with his shield. But I will say at higher level content, the damage on his shock and ult fall off pretty hard. (Especially when there's no electronics for his ult to hit).

That's not to say other frames damage doesn't fall off at high levels, but his seems to do it sooner.

Edited by ShadowCore67

I do agree that he can be very versatile, especially with his shield. But I will say at higher level content, the damage on his shock and ult fall off pretty hard. (Especially when there's no electronics for his ult to hit).

That's not to say other frames damage doesn't fall off at high levels, but his seems to do it sooner.

He's a great support frame currently, especially with the damage augment. Mod yourself out for duration, efficiency and power str, then zap a teammate and slap down a shield. Great damage. 

Damn, I forgot what joke that was from. I remember it's from a movie...

it's a blending of a joke from starwars and from avengers. WingedCrusade is using a joke from avengers, but UNLIMITED POWER is a thing from starwars. Palpatine yells it at mace windu. so i guess it makes sense to mix the two jokes, since they're both samuel l jackson

He is already a perfectly made and balanced warframe. wouldnt want to change whats not broken or in need of a change.  Although if i had to choose, A faster run speed would be ideal for him and his name sake.

On top of it all, I just want Volt Prime to look bad &#!  ...seeing how the design of chroma looks...i hope they didnt make volt prime look "bio-like."

I would be wary of asking for buffs. If the recent ember and braton prime changes indicate anything DE will compensate for the buffs by nerfing his shield.

DE has stated multiple times that Volt is in one of the best places has far as balance goes and their most recent hot topic poll asked tne community what abilities of his should be tweaked with overload winning by a land slide.

i dont think DE will want to change much of anything other than overload and fixing shock arcs

Well i can wait. Infact i coudld wait even longer. Volt is not really anywhere close to one of the frames that i like to play and the rest of the prime stuff that is going to be released with him is also more or less stuff i never wanted. This time i won't bother farming and grinding for volt or the other stuff thats coming with him and not even think about spending my money on the accesoirs (unless for some reason the accesoirs look way better then i imagine them right now). But the rest i will get it eventually within the next months for mastery but not for fun.