Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Everyone Hating On Tenno Live And Chroma ?

Mikail96

the only thing I find wrong about it is that it looks too much like an infested ancient mixed with an ant eater. Not intimidating, sleek or cool in anyway. On a side note i would like to say I'm gonna make the most out of making my chroma look like an ancient and watching all the friendly fire.

I'm not entirely sure about anyone else, but I think the main issue lies within this image in and of itself:

Lam41xR.png

I'll be honest, this concept, or whatever this artwork is actually called just doesn't seem to do Chroma any justice. It's the poses really. The small clip of Chroma in motion that they had looked way better than the pic with his name.

I'm not entirely sure about anyone else, but I think the main issue lies within this image in and of itself:

It's the same problem as with Limbo.

In action he looks weird, but still normal as far as warframes go. However the splash art emphasized his top hat to an extreme degree, and everyone freaked out about it.

I dont get from where the hate i see people who say worst stream ever blablabla but i found the dex dakra cool the glaive weapon cool the parcour 2.0 Ultra cool the sentients Mega Cool and you know what just because you saw a bunch of Fanarts and people who think they can do much better than DE doesnt mean they have todo it that Way.I love Chroma and his design and i have nothing against an Seahorse frame. Then the destroying of the Void is especially Interesting onside of the Lore and they will surely Replace the Void by Something Else maybee a system that is even better than the Void.

I reserve any opinion about Chroma for when I've farmed, potatoed and fully leveled him up. The abilities are what's important. The looks... There are decorative helmets, color palettes, animations and all that fluff for making Chroma look appealing to his owner.

What made my jaw drop was the appearance of the sentients. Didchaseedemdesigns? *bites knuckles and artgasms*

Nobody can do better design choices than DE. Why? Because it's DE's game.

I've been saying this wherever I go - it's modeled after a sea dragon.

shame dat thing its not a dragon just have the name of one , and DE said Dragon themed not sea horse themed

Edited by MrKage

Here's what a good representation of your community thinks of this frame: strawpoll.me/3807541/r

Unsatisfied individuals are far more likely to make their opinion known than satisfied ones. It's wise to take polls like these with a grain of salt.

And no, this isn't a knee-jerk denial tactic that I "make any time public opinion isn't in my favor". While polls like this are clearly indicative a larger-than-average group of dissatisfied individuals, it's not entirely accurate in terms of numerical comparison. To put it shortly: to say that twice as many people dislike the design in comparison to those that appreciate it is incorrect.

Edited by Nitresco

What I love about all the Chroma haters is how they are bashing on his design and vaguely stating "he should look more like a dragon".

Yet none of them are stating/suggesting how DE would go about this.

did you miss all the parts where people stated they wanted a western or eastern looking dragon? or did you just refuse to read the thread?

I actually like the look, it reminds me more of the really old depictions of dragons and not the more recent ones that are from europe or even the americas. Not to mention it reminds me of the anicents and I like those enemies in particular.

I actually like the look, it reminds me more of the really old depictions of dragons and not the more recent ones that are from europe or even the americas. Not to mention it reminds me of the anicents and I like those enemies in particular.

reminds me of an anteater in an melted body but not a dragon

Unsatisfied individuals are far more likely to make their opinion known than satisfied ones. It's wise to take polls like these with a grain of salt.

how much is a grain of salt to you? because at 73% being slightly off is still a pretty large negative reaction. 

how much is a grain of salt to you? because at 73% being slightly off is still a pretty large negative reaction. 

Here I will repost this from the mega thread "The reason larger samples increase your chance of significance is because they more reliably reflect the population mean."This means 1000 people out of"nearly 8 million registered Tenno"-http://www.digitalex...r-1-infographic is like "an exit poll at an election just asking two people how they voted is clearly less useful than one which asks 2,000 people. In Statistics this needs to be quantified and pinned down, and you want to make your sample as accurate as possible."2 being the 1000 on the poll and 8mil being the 2000 you can see that they have a wide gap .Also taking into consideration of variables like a upset customer is more likely to give feedback then a happy customer hens making the poll more wide spread would improve its accuracy.

Read the edit on the post of mine you quoted.

-snip-

Thank you for the explanation, Jack.

Edited by Nitresco

I think Chroma is freaking awesome. he looks nothing like the other frames and i think thats what i like about him, but i've been pretty big fan of mythology and i have to say he does look pretty dragony, maybe the snout is a bit too thin but im still fine with it. and i dont know but he does look pretty intimidating, if anything like that were running at me in a video game id panic. i will admit that i was hoping they would go towards a mayan dragon/serpentine theme, but again thats just my own personal biases, still like him though. as for the rest of the tenno live stream, i liked that as well.im glad they made the dex  dakra into two full sized dual swords instead of a dagger sword combo and the new glaive looks amazing 

PS: unsatisfied people are more likely to make their opinions known versus satisfied people, due to the fact that satisfied people have nothing to complain about so maybe those stats shouldnt be the basis for an entire argument. 

Here I will repost this from the mega thread "The reason larger samples increase your chance of significance is because they more reliably reflect the population mean."This means 1000 people out of"nearly 8 million registered Tenno"-http://www.digitalex...r-1-infographic is like "an exit poll at an election just asking two people how they voted is clearly less useful than one which asks 2,000 people. In Statistics this needs to be quantified and pinned down, and you want to make your sample as accurate as possible."2 being the 1000 on the poll and 8mil being the 2000 you can see that they have a wide gap .Also taking into consideration of variables like a upset customer is more likely to give feedback then a happy customer hens making the poll more wide spread would improve its accuracy.

Yes the poll doesn't accurately represent the opinions of every single person playing the game, but then I hope you also realize how unrealistic that is. No large scale polls can ever hope to count for every single individual within a group, or even a fraction of the group, that just takes far too much effort, yet even so many companies practice such tactics even if it isn't so perfectly scaled like you mention. why? because even if it doesn't count for every single person relevant to the polled questions it still provides a generally accurate portrayal of that demographic. so trying to dismiss a 73% disapproval because it doesn't have a vote person by person for everyone in a group does not negate the message it is delivering. So maybe the static isn't 100% on point, but that's unrealistic for any situation, but odds are that this reaction is fairly accurate, and even if you give it some wiggle room that is still a large amount of dissatisfied persons. 

Read the edit on the post of mine you quoted.

Thank you for the explanation, Jack.

Yeah it may be inaccurate to say the poll is a perfect representation of player opinion towards chroma, but even with inaccuracies in the poll it is still a likely large percentage of players don't respond positively to the frame. As said in my response with jack, one does not need the vote of every single individual in a group to be able to gauge the general opinion of a large group, sample size surveys are done all the time and while sure they do not provide the perfect numbers they are still very reliable and generally accurate. so like i said, even if the poll isn't perfectly on point it still shows a large trend of negative feelings towards this recent frame design. 

edit : people keep using the excuse dissatisfied people are more likely to participate in such polls as some reason to invalidate such a poll, but with that logic you're also saying all large scale statistics are completely unreliable as well since any sort of survey or statistic involving large groups could not possibly hope to have the honest input of every individual falling into that demographic. (this is obviously not the case since many companies still rely on such methods, which wouldn't be the case if the method was so vastly misleading)

Edited by Cubewano

Introduced as is, as a Dragon frame, neither me nor my friends (those who don't even play Warframe inclusive), aren't really feelin Chroma's looks. Now, on the other hand, if Chroma was introduced as a Sea Dragon instead, I feel like most people out there would be far more accepting of his design, and just calling him as such already brings me much more comfort looking at him, albeit I still don't love how he looks.