Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Mesa Too Op?

prodavit

Well I have her and  FLEETING + STREAMLINE + PEACEMAKER + HOLDING DOWN TRIGGER = EVERYONE DIES

I don't like playing with people who have mesa on sometimes since they would kill everyone and I'm left standing there.

FIX- could make peacemaker semi-auto, that will still make her powerful but not a spray and pray power.

She originally WAS Semi-auto. Thing is, that gave her even faster attack speed for those who wanted it so... Yeah...

Also, she is only OP in certain mission types while others she isn't so potent. Defense she's great at until higher levels but most other missions require more mobility than her 'turret mode.'

She's niche-ly potent but not OP where she dominates all game types.

So Mesa is OP for having her ultimate that attacks only one target at the time, but not ash that can attack three enemies at a time with 1000 finisher damage unmodded? Or an excalibur spamming 4 that stuns and hits every single enemy within radius? Or Loki taking away enemy guns? Or Mirage's furious disco ball?

I don't follow your logic

Edited by Hitmonho

No, but Nerf Trinity

Lol so true, DE is forgetting to nerf trinity, she still can move and walk, and even haves health and shield bars, that b*tch is still to op for me.

-----

For mesa.

I do not find her to be that good, to even remotely call her op, she might need some buff or tweek.

Considering a buff on this tread may seem ludicrous, but yah, she isn't that perfect or strong as you paint it.

Edited by 7grims

For the category of DPS, she is on the middle part of the stack; she can reach no more than 3.5k per hit. Saryn, Ash, Banshee, Mirage, Nova all can easily overtake her in DPS, given when played together (I'd say very comparable to Mag or Exal in certain situations).

Many people think she's over-powered because she has a near-100% accuracy with an okay-sized damage per shot which /seems/ to kill many enemies really quickly, but she really has a hard time controlling the battle filed (more than that of Banshee in terms of DPS) in the latter levels of enemies; she drops off damage real fast. 7-15k DPS across a crowd of enemies is pennies of how many other frames (or even weapons) can scale at.

If anything in my opinion, she is underpowered; she should be able to move in peacemaker to make her comparable to the upper stack of DPS frames

Edited by Frawg

Well I have her and FLEETING + STREAMLINE + PEACEMAKER + HOLDING DOWN TRIGGER = EVERYONE DIES

I don't like playing with people who have mesa on sometimes since they would kill everyone and I'm left standing there.

FIX- could make peacemaker semi-auto, that will still make her powerful but not a spray and pray power.

No, Nerf Mirage, her Discoball hurts enemies... Nerf Nova, she can slow or Speed up Enemies... Nerf Trinity, she can Heal everyone... Nerf Rhino, His stomp can stun Enemies... Nerf Frost, his Snow Globe blocks enemies attack temporally... Nerf .... See where were going with this.....

I think Peacemaker has enough disadvantages that it is fine as is.

All pure damage abilities do not scale particularly well.
It requires line of sight.

You cannot move while it is active.

It isn't that great for more mobile gametypes.

Her ultimate roots her in place and at higher levels her damage dealing drops off dramatically.  In T4 to have her be useful beyond a certain point you'll need corrosive projection on.

If all you're running her on is level 10 to 20 areas, then yeah.  But the same can be said of any frame.

If anything, a lot of us wouldn't mind her getting buffed against higher level enemies.

If you want nerfs, then you may want to look at your own favorite gear, the stuff you enjoy using, and see if you want to ask that to be nerfed, instead.

No, Nerf Mirage, her Discoball hurts enemies... Nerf Nova, she can slow or Speed up Enemies... Nerf Trinity, she can Heal everyone... Nerf Rhino, His stomp can stun Enemies... Nerf Frost, his Snow Globe blocks enemies attack temporally... Nerf .... See where were going with this.....

Slippery slope fallacy?

Don't like it? Play Solo. Peacemaker was Semi-auto once and people complained a lot. It makes the whole mission easier.