Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Streaming This Game Entertaining?

zellers4

I find myself streaming this game (Twitch.tv/zellers45) and even though this game be popular not many people watch it. What would you guys like to see in a stream for this game. Given i could try to do giveaways every time i stream but that would be silly given most of the parts would be junk or something nobody wants. Please leave your suggestions here. 

what you'll need to do, most likely, is identify what looks flashy and awesome to someone that doesn't play Warframe, and stream all kinds of that.

generally the people that watch Streams for a game, are not people that are already playing it a lot. because otherwise if they were interested in such a game, they could just play it themselves.

Hmm, never did get what's the fun in watching others play.

Me neither. But then I was introduced to Achievement Hunter of Rooster Teeth. Views drastically change. (It generally revolves around the idea that either the guys are funny/do funny things, or tell interesting stories/things)

...but i don't find it at all interesting to watch a warframe stream. Why watch someone grind when you can grind your self parts. 

This. It can sometime be entertaining if the commentator is entertaining. Like I find Janzer fun to listen to while I fine Mogamu really boring. PvP 2.0 could also make streaming this game more entertaining.

chat interaction can make a lot of different games interesting to watch. It takes a while to get viewers when streaming in general. Just keep it up and talk to people. There are viewers that watch it.

I've tried streaming it myself but I find it hard to read chat and play compared to the turn based rpgs I was streaming.

I think its a fun game to watch at least the movement and gunplay. stationary farming isn't that interesting.

When I stream Warframe, I normally take Loadouts with weird Builds. Like Paralysis Valkyr or 6 Second Silence Banshee. I've been told my commentary is hilarious, that's why people watch my Streams.

As many people have said, watching someone else just grind for parts isn't exactly entertaining, but when they're watching me F*** around and talk about funny S#&$, well that's when I get viewers.

You can watch my Streams at Twitch.tv/Jimjoebob27, They're not super often, because real life usually takes priority. But when I am gonna stream, I advertise about a week Prior.

The only things that could make me watch a Warframe stream are:

a.) The screening of unreleased content referred to as Dev Streams. 

or

b.) If you had a stream called Prime Time that featured 2 lovely young people from DE's community management team that get together with the players & run missions while taking about hot topics & fan art. 

If you can provide one of those 2 things, I will gladly watch your stream sir. Other than that, I will not lay a single eye on your channel. 

Edited by Rexlars

Before I got my PS4 I followed Warframe for a year. I watched many youtube videos of gameplay. The difference is, those video where rarely pure grinds, but selections of gameplay from various missions. Usually to show of a new weapon or Warframe. 

I have kicked around the idea of doing videos or streams, and if I do, they will be objective based and possibly solo or only with people on board with the game plan.

So... you started streaming, but it's not going as you were expecting, so you came to the forums to ask for advise to make your streaming fun? and since you are already here you are kinda trying to recruit viewers?... in my honest opinion, when you have something that is good and people want, people will ask for it and consume it, if not then nope... i just don't get this, people want to stream but they don't have anything to show... why do you even want to stream if you don't have an idea of your "streamer profile" then?...

• 2 weeks later...

I stream, I find it fun. Yeah not alot of viewers but fun non the less. I stream at twitch.tv/zared101 and hitbox.tv/wolvegar. Just started myself. From what I understand be paient it doesn't happen over night. It could take a year or more to get to the level you need to to get paid by twitch. You need something like 500 daily viewers. 3 days a week.