Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Who's Seen The U16 Hype Site? [Megathread]

NovusNova

New Chroma helmet makes him look like a Halo Elite Zealot (I think. I forgot the Covenant Ranking System.)

Hope we get the old helmet as a default while this is the alt helmet.

It has already been confirmed that the new helmet is the default one. The old helmet might be an alt helmet, though.

Wonder what Mynki is thinking when this happened. Probably &!$$ed or sad.

I really wouldn't care what he was thinking, honestly. Honestly, either he made the decision to change the default helmet or someone else told him to. But I don't think anyone should be closed minded to criticism that they won't go back and revisit something. So I'm glad that thye made this decision. Hopefully at some point they'll go back and improve Frost Prime's texture, tweak Excalibur Prime's texture, and that of Mag Prime, and then add some more attachments to those frames, so that they're on par with the other Primes.

I really wouldn't care what he was thinking, honestly. Honestly, either he made the decision to change the default helmet or someone else told him to. But I don't think anyone should be closed minded to criticism that they won't go back and revisit something. So I'm glad that thye made this decision. Hopefully at some point they'll go back and improve Frost Prime's texture, tweak Excalibur Prime's texture, and that of Mag Prime, and then add some more attachments to those frames, so that they're on par with the other Primes.

I'm not. I like the previous helmet over this, and to know I"m either going to have to time an attempt to get it from an alert or buy it separately rather than simply have it slightly irritates me.

Honestly, there's A LOT that DE does Sub-par with this game. Enemy AI, their responses to hackers and exploiters...

But Art Direction has NEVER, EVER, been one of those things. Everything's always fit, everything's always worked fine and been great as far as I and many others have been concerned. And to know that because some people just couldn't handle something being a little different, a little less mainstream, a little more niche than their precious Skyrim-Warcraft-European dragons that DE chose a helmet that very much DOES NOT fit as well with the rest of the body as the previous one URKS me to NO END.

DE, please, NEVER let people tell you how a frame should look EVER. AGAIN.

I'm not. I like the previous helmet over this, and to know I"m either going to have to time an attempt to get it from an alert or buy it separately rather than simply have it slightly irritates me.

Honestly, there's A LOT that DE does Sub-par with this game. Enemy AI, their responses to hackers and exploiters...

But Art Direction has NEVER, EVER, been one of those things. Everything's always fit, everything's always worked fine and been great as far as I and many others have been concerned. And to know that because some people just couldn't handle something being a little different, a little less mainstream, a little more niche than their precious Skyrim-Warcraft-European dragons that DE chose a helmet that very much DOES NOT fit as well with the rest of the body as the previous one URKS me to NO END.

^^^

I'm with you on this one. I'd be fine with the 'new' helmet as an alt, but to go back and change the main one.... i dunno.

Now, at the same time, listening and responding to player feedback is one of DE's big strengths and is probably a major contributor to their current success. The thing with the original helmet was that it was SO polarizing. Wasn't like a vocal minority who didn't like it. The hate was flowin' like a river. It's an unfortunate situation but ultimately they did what they had to do. What's the point of spending all this time working on a frame if nobody buys it? They do have to at least try to appeal to a majority and they seem to have succeeded with the new helmet.

Either way, I just hope the 'anteater' helmet is available as an alt cuz i'll be buying that for sure.

Well, quite frankly, I think you need to get over that. EVERYTHING in the game is open to feedback and constructive criticism, and saying that it doesn't look much like a dragon IS constructive criticism, whether it's something you agree with or not. If DE is NEVER going to let people offer feedback on an item's looks, then they might as well not let people offer feedback on anything else in the game. Your opinion of the art direction is just that - YOUR opinion. It's not YOUR place to say that someone can't offer feedback on something simply because YOU like that something. IF DE didn't change the helmet, then it wouldn't be a problem, just like there changing the helmet isn't a problem. Why? Because it's up to THEM whether or not they make changes based on FEEDBACK. It urks ME that you would even suggest that there be a limit to what the community can provide feedback for.