Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Tell Me Chroma Needing Frost Chassis Is A Bug.

S7ORM

qDpU6bb.jpg

DE, please tell me that's a bug. Weapons requiring weapons I was fine with -- unhappy, but fine, since it allows the players to have a sense of progression -- but once we start requiring built frame parts to build frame parts with, we've reached the limit of my sensibilities.

Look, when you can build a weapon then sacrifice that built, leveled to 30 weapon, in order to build another weapon, that's fine. That's progression.
When you build Frost, level him to 30, then have to go re-farm his parts in order to build a different warframe? That's not progression. That's not okay.

Please.
On the other hand, the new scanning thing is kind of fun. Why can't we have MORE enemies that have abilities like that?

Edited by S7ORM

i don't know about the other parts but tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the other 2 parts used volt, ember, and saryn parts simply because chroma can interchange between elements...so it would seem requiring frost chassis makes sense since chroma is essentially using all the elements at his disposal

i don't know about the other parts but tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the other 2 parts used volt, ember, and saryn parts simply because chroma can interchange between elements...so it would seem requiring frost chassis makes sense since chroma is essentially using all the elements at his disposal

i seriously hope it doesnt need volt parts... my clan hasnt even started the research on him (mostly because we all already have him)

Seriously considering just buying the frame with plat, to be honest

I thought Mesa's terrible grind/wait wall would be the only one for a while :/

Nonono, we only spend money towards DE if they do something GOOD. That's positive reinforcement.

They gotta make money somehow.

Forcing that down our throats is not good. They should not be rewarded for this.

This is why I suddenly don't want Chroma now. I mean think of it.

You have to grind these Cephalon Photo's, which aren't that hard if you're good at stealth. But that's 10-20 minutes each mission if you try to be careful. So that's 1 hour.

Now I have to go grind for the Frost Chassis which means I don't know how long that's going to be. Then I gotta wait 12 hours to build it, then I can build the Chroma Chassis. Then probably do more scanning, which might be 2-3 things, I'm just guessing right now. Then 12 More Hours for the Next Blueprint part to be built so I can build the Chroma part. And again for the next part. That's nearly 4 days of waiting just to get to the Chroma Blueprint if my math is right. 

Then what's after that? Is it a fast build? Probably not, gotta wait another 3 days. 

So, in a week if I'm lucky, I'll have it. If not I'll be grinding and wasting away to get to the Ceres Boss to farm Lich Kril, cause these damn Grineer Manics are beyond over powered. I mean seriously, two punches took down a Rhino. Really? Just Really? Now I gotta wait for more Revives to try doing some more missions. It's just...so much wait time.

I can already see where this goes.
Soon enough you will need to craft frame parts to craft frame parts to then craft frame parts which will be used in crafting frame parts. The product you get will be ofc used in a frame as a part.

Building time: 465 years

This is why I suddenly don't want Chroma now. I mean think of it.

You have to grind these Cephalon Photo's, which aren't that hard if you're good at stealth. But that's 10-20 minutes each mission if you try to be careful. So that's 1 hour.

Now I have to go grind for the Frost Chassis which means I don't know how long that's going to be. Then I gotta wait 12 hours to build it, then I can build the Chroma Chassis. Then probably do more scanning, which might be 2-3 things, I'm just guessing right now. Then 12 More Hours for the Next Blueprint part to be built so I can build the Chroma part. And again for the next part. That's nearly 4 days of waiting just to get to the Chroma Blueprint if my math is right. 

Then what's after that? Is it a fast build? Probably not, gotta wait another 3 days. 

So, in a week if I'm lucky, I'll have it. If not I'll be grinding and wasting away to get to the Ceres Boss to farm Lich Kril, cause these damn Grineer Manics are beyond over powered. I mean seriously, two punches took down a Rhino. Really? Just Really? Now I gotta wait for more Revives to try doing some more missions. It's just...so much wait time.

Took me 5 miutes to run those missions for the photos ~20 total for all 3 (to get the chassis)

mind you Ive only been playing this game for 2 months

the limbo and mirage quests were pretty much this exact same thing so I dont see wtf y'all are complaining about

I was totally riiight... *sigh* DE, why are you TRYING to push players away...

Go play some games where you REALLY have to grind for months to be able to get new content for free

then come back and tell me how hard [DE] is really making this

I can already see where this goes.

Soon enough you will need to craft frame parts to craft frame parts to then craft frame parts which will be used in crafting frame parts. The product you get will be ofc used in a frame as a part.

Building time: 465 years

Go try out EVE online where you LITERALLY have to wait for months to finish researching stuff

Then again... People are always gunna complain... Dont like this? Go play another game where everything is spoonfed to you ._.

All of these things are gained with relative ease... and this is coming from a player who has not been playing for that long

Oh cool! You need to get a piece of frost to get a piece of Chroma?!

I hope you have to build a piece of Ember for another piece, and... hmm... I don't know, Saryn maybe? Banshee? What else fits with dragon breath stuff?

This is a very neat idea. I don't know why you people are complaining.

I'm confused as to why people are complaining that you need a part to build a part, when the frost chassis doesn't need to be built. It's something that is pre-built when it drops.

Edit: Nevermind, just checked, sorry. Could have sworn it used to just drop the part.

Edited by Poyomon2

I don't get the hate. Just farm frost! It's not the prime version, so Its not a big deal.

I find it a pretty neat idea since it's energy color changes the damage output; so having frost, saryn, volt and ember parts on it makes perfect sense.

Also, Chroma is an amazing warframe with a lot of options; having and obvious advantage at other warframes since it has the option to change it's damage output along with it's effect. Meaning that it's worth the wait farming and making all of it's parts. I really don't get the hate.

It's pretty selfish just to think that you need to make the LESS effort just to get an amazing warframe.