Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Like Spy 2.0

Lancars

I never liked the new system where it seems to easy to screw up and hit a laser. I try to time sliding through lasers that go up and down but my hitbox still hits it and bam trips the line or some areas have to many lasers to the point of not being able to cross them and i have to cheese it with something like loki's clone but even then it shoots its load gun and alerts everyone.

I want to have fun not have to be all mission impossible sneaky.

After i'm done with these quests i am NEVER touching Spy 2.0 ever again. I'd rather have the stalker come after me every mission i do then be forced to do this again.

Edited by Lancars

I don't like it either but i think the guy above me is right, the system IS good, if you mess up, you mess up... there's no turn around, even though i hate stealthy game mechanics, and i never ever play stealthy games i think it is a fine addition to this game, although i will never ever play those missions besides the quest... : D

I don't like it either but i think the guy above me is right, the system IS good, if you mess up, you mess up... there's no turn around, even though i hate stealthy game mechanics, and i never ever play stealthy games i think it is a fine addition to this game, although i will never ever play those missions besides the quest... : D

problem being is i've been Alt f4ing every little mess up. i accidently hit the hack console trying to do things and it counted as a caught after getting a and b so now i have to do it again and again.

One time i was wall running with full stamina and 1/4 the way over the wall i started to dip down like when you run out of stam and i still had 75% of my stamina so there was a mess up.

Then as i was doing another one a MOA spawned into the room suddenly as i was at the console and it alerted the place so mess up after mess up.

I never liked the new system where it seems to easy to screw up and hit a laser. I try to time sliding through lasers that go up and down but my hitbox still hits it and bam trips the line or some areas have to many lasers to the point of not being able to cross them and i have to cheese it with something like loki's clone but even then it shoots its load gun and alerts everyone.

I don't like it either, and I'm tired of DE pushing it.

OH COOL THE MAIN FLOOR OF THE LAST ROOM WAS JUST TRIP LASERS! YEA I"M EXPECTED TO DO THAT WHEN ITS A SOLID SHEET OF DETECTION! GG DE! Spy 2.0 SUCKS.

Sounds like a case of "git good and adapt". Also, do you have to play it? I know you need to beat stolen dreams for access to the quest for chroma but yea. 

OH COOL THE MAIN FLOOR OF THE LAST ROOM WAS JUST TRIP LASERS! YEA I"M EXPECTED TO DO THAT WHEN ITS A SOLID SHEET OF DETECTION! GG DE! Spy 2.0 SUCKS.

Ehm, if you mean the Corpus one, you just need hack the console in first room to turn off the lasers. With my tweaked Loki i run Pluto Oceanum under 5 minutes, so i get one Void key every 5 minutes. I just love Spy 2.0 :D

Ehm, if you mean the Corpus one, you just need hack the console in first room to turn off the lasers. With my tweaked Loki i run Pluto Oceanum under 5 minutes, so i get one Void key every 5 minutes. I just love Spy 2.0 :D

yep... those keys are my bandaids for the pain of hunting Rime Rounds in vain.

sigh... there's a hackable console just in front of you as you enter the first door to that room. It's even blinking faintly, indicating that you can hack it...

Edited by faustias

The movement in Warframe needs work.  The mission is fine.

This is probably true, but I hate the Corpus tile with the moving lasers. I wall fling into other ones, accidentally roll into the pits, vertical wallrun when I want to go horizontally (and flip into the pits), and sometimes don't even stick to the wall and just fall through all the lasers. The good thing is I want parkour 2.0 even more now.

I actually like the idea of Spy 2.0 in principle, it makes for a pretty great little solo stealth mission... in theory.

The problem is, that it's played out already.  We just got Spy 2.0 a couple days ago, and I already know all the possible iterations on the defense systems in both the Grineer and Corpus settings.

You might ask how I accomplished this magical task?  

Well, you see... you have to do three separate data retrievals for every spy mission.  Pretty cool, right?  Except, Mr. Corpus and Mr. Grineer only bothered to design EXACTLY three separate rooms for data.  

By fourth time I'd seen it or so, I knew exactly where everything was, and there was no challenge, no puzzle, nothing to figure out... unless you count the increasingly tedious hacking minigames which proliferate there.  The really sad part of this is, I'd basically seen it all by the time the Maroo quest was over.  You see it all then, more than once.

So, before you're ever "released into the wild" at the end of the quest, the puzzle/stealth mission is basically a rote action that requires no thought.  It's functionally no different than speeding through some Capture mission.  The only real difference is the rewards are likely better.

These data retrieval areas needed much much much more variation if you're going to be stuck doing the same three rooms over and over and over.  The rooms themselves needed more variation inside them too.  For at least a few of the rooms, I don't even have to think about it.  I can literally do the exact same thing every time and complete it with no problems.  Nothing changes.

The hardest Spy mission I've done so far was only hard because I ran it on nightmare mode, and it gave me the vampire condition.  There's basically nothing to kill as you're solving it, so I had to use health restores.

Anyhow, that's the problem with Spy 2.0.  It needed more rooms, more puzzles, more of that sort of thing.  And PLEASE don't take this as an excuse to pull some asinine stunt like tossing 80 nullifiers in there to make it artificially difficult.  Having an enemy-scarce environment to navigate puzzles IS a good idea.  There's just a lack of substance and material here.

I have no problem with the corpus ones, but the grineer ones... I still haven't figured out how to do most of them. The corpus ones make sense, you know what you're doing, its straightforward and challenging. The grineer ones are just a mess, it's really difficult to figure out what you're supposed to do, and those scanners come out of nowhere.

I have no problem with the corpus ones, but the grineer ones... I still haven't figured out how to do most of them. The corpus ones make sense, you know what you're doing, its straightforward and challenging. The grineer ones are just a mess, it's really difficult to figure out what you're supposed to do, and those scanners come out of nowhere.

Well, there's not much to them, as I said.

I feel like it's probably not appropriate to spoil them on a feedback forum though.

I'd say "one" of the Grineer ones is probably the only one that has a change that makes things kinda annoying.  On the one where you have to run through the fields on the conveyor belt, that one is a bit annoying.  You should make sure to shoot the drone through the energy door before you get on the belt though.  You can flip up the wall without going up the belt, and *usually* get to the room without screwing with the belt.  However, sometimes the belt is the only way, and you to time it going through the fields and then "jump" between the beams at the top.

It's the jumping through the beams specifically I don't like.  The platforming and parkour in this game are very floaty and imprecise.  Getting between two beams while situating yourself on conveyor belt calls for precision that I think the game generally lacks.  I don't mind that it's an "option", I mind that sometimes, the game makes that the only viable path.  The Spy missions are better when they afford more than one solution.

Well, there's not much to them, as I said.

-snip-

Funnily enough, it's not that one that's been giving me trouble, it's the other two. Also, the statement "You should make sure to shoot the drone through the energy door" is wrong, killing the scanner drones trip the alarms instantly.

After i'm done with these quests i am NEVER touching Spy 2.0 ever again. I'd rather have the stalker come after me every mission i do then be forced to do this again.

too bad we don't have entire missions that require sneaking, not just rooms. in any case, i'm completing pluto spy with everything unranked as leveling up routine, but i still had to have one crappy silenced gun to shoot down cameras and sometimes a turret. otherwise - absolute piece of cake.

no alarms during the WHOLE mission. 

grineer are even more easy tbh. corpus give atleast some challenge.

get good scrubs.

Edited by n7snk

Funnily enough, it's not that one that's been giving me trouble, it's the other two. Also, the statement "You should make sure to shoot the drone through the energy door" is wrong, killing the scanner drones trip the alarms instantly.

The problem is you need to oneshot the drone, and even with the "mighty" Synoid you don't do that sometimes. So i just melee them with my Orthos prime. I started using OP only recently, because jump + melee is sort of super jump, so even the laser walls on the conveyor belts are not hard. And there is absolute no problem to train on low level planets, and slowly progress toward the more difficult ones. Preferably in solo, so no public noob trips the alarm.

Getting between two beams while situating yourself on conveyor belt calls for precision that I think the game generally lacks.

Do you know that you can create another path by shooting explosive barrels on the left?(behind the broken fan that cannot "break")

You can shoot the barrels without worrying about making gunfire sound.

This is probably true, but I hate the Corpus tile with the moving lasers. I wall fling into other ones, accidentally roll into the pits, vertical wallrun when I want to go horizontally (and flip into the pits), and sometimes don't even stick to the wall and just fall through all the lasers. The good thing is I want parkour 2.0 even more now.

That is what I was getting at. 

Spy 2.0 is fine. I run it on eris a lot for quick rewards. Its the clunky parkour system is whats at fault. Ill admit that its the cause of sometimes tripping lasers but i know de is working on a better system.

Also, you dont need to run and slide to get under lasers. Just roll. Its much easier to control.

I've never set off an alarm while killing the drones, not once.  One shot with the opticor, they're gone.