Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Manic, Is A Stage Towards Anti Progression

SnakeWildlife

OP is exaggerating to be honest. His attacks are lethal but can easily be avoided, I see him coming, he teleports, I hear sounds and I roll, roll roll roll, roll4life, 2pro4u bruh 2pro4 Ok I'll stop. And hek, you can even out run him /o/

Personally he's an interesting enemy to fight, annoying at times, but interesting, better than a certain enemy unit that cover himself in a bubble in my opinion *cough cough*

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

This is the first I've heard of it having an instant kill mechanic. 

IT doesn't. It just deals enough damage to outright kill most squishy frames. I've survived it several times.  And I absolutely love the maniac, it's such a fun new unit to play against. ALthough his invul mechanic is a bit weird at times.

The Manic may be one of the most entertaining if not the most entertaining enemy I've fought in Warframe so far. Having to guess where he's coming from is a thrill and makes each fight with him a new experience.

Currently, a level 1 Manic can kill a 6 Forma'd level 30 Valkyr with Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber, and allll the other tanky mods put together.  

He won't be able to unless your reflexes are really really slow. As far as I know, his cloaker-like pounce will not work if you're looking at him directly and/or shoot him when he uncloaks. The only times I've seen someone get pounced on were when my teammates started ignoring the Manic or didn't know he was around. If you look at him and attack him (like you should), the dude will just stagger every time he tries to pounce on you, or will just slash once and then retreat.

And then again, all of this means only one thing: You need to be aware of his presence and you need to have a good perception of what's going on around you. If you can't do either of those two, you're screwed.

What you're asking for is for the game to pardon your lack of self-awareness by nerfing one of the only enemies in the game that don't just run at you like lemmings or stay behind cover while shooting at you with their trusty ol' Grakatas. Learn how to fight them and adapt. This game needs variety and complaints like these only make things worse by making DE think we want more recoloured marines that carry different weapons.

Only for a few seconds, my Hydroid got pinned a few times and got up just fine afterwards

O.o

I took out my full health level 30 Saryn in 2 seconds °-° that's 1160 health gone in the time you can say "owie".

Maybe it depends on the level.

Edited by SHIR0B0N

The guy is not OP, barely even a challenge really he is just an annoyance. He is easy to avoid if you have practice with melee enemies just roll (hell I think by pressing the roll button I threw him off me unsure) he is killable with certain powers (my effigy roasted him) weak to melee and guns. Honestly he is just a hybrid of stalker and an infested runner both of which are easy to kill.

Still don't understand whenever is face him just kill him easily i mean he has an overly telegraphed i'm jumping up in the air and i will slam down attack but i just take a step back and when he did it and still in the getting up animation shoot him.

Tell me about it. It's like anything that involves us having to try or alter our strategy results in complaints.

The moment you ask anyone to think outside of their routine, there's gonna be backlash.

Me? I've died twice over to the damn things, killed one, just flat-out-ran from the other. I think they're fantastic! NEED to learn to alter my strategies better, though.

Edited by Morec0

I've been using my Frost and my Chroma (Electric), I have yet to encounter a manic i cant kill, the only times i dont kill the manic is when im playing pubs and players leave before he spawns. 

Personally i dont have an issue with the Manic, hes fun hes fast and he makes me think on my toes. I dont know why so many players are having an issue with this enemy. he really isnt hard ._. Like a fresh off the arsenal fromad Chroma (electric) with a spectrel scream...we all know how much that sucks. Anyways all i did was keep moving. and i killed him.

Arsenal set up at the time was Latron prime (30, 1k viral) Akmagnus (30, Status build Viral) Scindo Prime, (Berserker Viral). I had my Sahasa Kubrow as well, but she doesnt dig unless there are no nearby enemies so she would just thawck him once or twice. 

I ran into 1 issue where he pinned me down and smacked me around but that was becaue i ran out of stamina and didnt use roll and i tried to sprint, causing me to stand in once place. I had 60 hp after that and just Life strike it back to full.

I suggest people revist their tactics. This isnt an enemy you can just charge through, i cant stress it enough KEEP MOVING. If you can somehow slow him down (Frost Nova) i suggest you mark him, itll show his location as he teleports around. Please DE i beg you do not nerf this enemy. Players need to understand that this is a hard enemy, this is something they just cant Iron skin through anymore, and with that mindset OF COURSE youre gonna die. Manic has an instakill mechanic in Raids as far as i've seen he has yet to do that to me. If he does do it in say Ceres (he really shouldnt) DE needs to scale him back. But thats my only opinion.

Players shouldnt be spoon fed when it comes to enemies, the game is coming way too easy than what it used to be, i can understand Streamlining but i can not understand making the game unbearably easy because 40% of our playerbase cant roll. Not trying to be rude just being honest.

Tl:dr Revisit your tactics, youre not playing correctly. DE dont nerf or change him, scale his one hit kill mechanic(if there is one) for OUTSIDE of raids, leave it for raids

I heard the manic. I saw the manic. I headshotted the manic with a potatoe'd forma'd Dread with maxed Serration and Split Chamber, maxed crit build. The Manic went invisible and then came back at me at full health. The manic one-shotted my potato'd max redirect/vitality Mesa.

It was interesting. I'd need to throw down with one a few more times before I could draw any conclusions.

Edited by Tharrick

I run enemy radar most of the time so that helps in locating him via mini-map when he's cloaked(and you can hit him while he's invisible). You can also waypoint him so you know where his is at all times.

I've fought him a few times with Nova. Her MPrime makes him more managable AND you can see where he is based on the FX of prime being attached to him (not the silhouette, just the circles that you will suddenly notice are floating in midair).

If the Manic was like this, I'd wholeheartedly agree, but I have yet to:

a) be one hit by him

or

b) have any trouble killing him with ordinary weapons (i.e. not multiple-formaed soma prime, boltor prime, etc)

After getting used to fighting him, I can even reliably scan him in the codex with no issues. If he is doing this to some people, then yes he could use a look at... but so far he's been a small annoyance at best to myself.

Eh, for me, it's not so much anti-progression... As it is anti-casual play, and this applies to a whole lot of planets for me, as tougher enemies actually reduce my desire to explore much more difficult planets solo. This also includes the constant looming threat of Syndicate assassins (NEW LOKA, YES).

The Maniac adds on to the pain since it appears that it's (he?) is guaranteed to spawn whenever a Grineer controlled mission is put into alert. To note, I can handle him, just that HP regen makes my non-one-hit weapons really hard to use to kill him.

Could use a difficulty slider for all mission types to determine enemy spawns and levels :V

Edited by DSMK2

Still haven't had any problems with those guys. But there are now several people who are saying he deals enough damage to kill them with one pounce-n-slaps. Maybe he's able to crit when using that attack?

I dunno, it's possible I guess. He pounced me twice on a squishy Excalibur (once on Ceres, once on Phobos) and didn't kill me anyway.

Edited by Gale47

"The Instant-Kill or Permanent-Stunlock-Until-Death enemy DOES NOT BELONG IN A GAME WITH  SUCH STEEP PROGRESSION.

Currently, a level 1 Manic can kill a 6 Forma'd level 30 Valkyr with Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber, and allll the other tanky mods put together. THIS IS WRONG. Its ANTI PROGRESSION and it's ANTI WARFRAME"

You are not supposed to facetank chainsaws, even with Valkyr. 

That said, I think he still needs some rebalancing, considering the fact that he is not just hard to hit, and doesn't just have invincibility frames, but also that he can regenerate health. He is fairly easy to avoid if you know how to weave and dodge and jump around, but hitting him can be a wee bit difficult when he is spinning around like a bladed top. 

"The Instant-Kill or Permanent-Stunlock-Until-Death enemy DOES NOT BELONG IN A GAME WITH  SUCH STEEP PROGRESSION.

Currently, a level 1 Manic can kill a 6 Forma'd level 30 Valkyr with Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber, and allll the other tanky mods put together. THIS IS WRONG. Its ANTI PROGRESSION and it's ANTI WARFRAME"

You are not supposed to facetank chainsaws, even with Valkyr. 

That said, I think he still needs some rebalancing, considering the fact that he is not just hard to hit, and doesn't just have invincibility frames, but also that he can regenerate health. He is fairly easy to avoid if you know how to weave and dodge and jump around, but hitting him can be a wee bit difficult when he is spinning around like a bladed top. 

I'd remove invincibility and health regen.

if anything the manic is much better than nullifier. first it doesnt make certain types of weapons useless. second, it provides a dynamic fight, instead of just shooting the bubbles, you actually need to dodge and catch his position constantly. maybe the bleed proc could be lowered a bit, but overall i think manic is a fine design. tbh i'd rather see more manics than nullifiers