The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Melee Weapons I'd Like To See.

(PSN)gutbrucer

Not sure if this has been covered, but for the past couple weeks I've been thinking about how cool it would be to have a spear that could be thrown as a melee weapon. I picture it looking like and being used like a shaolin spear. It would be primarily puncture damage, which melee seems to lack heavily in, plus would have reach, which punture based melee weapons lack in. If they do bring back charged attacks, you would be able to throw the spear, having to retreive it if done. The benefit being that you could perform ranged stealth attacks and that it would penetrate corpus nullifiers' shields, at the risk of disarming yourself and having to retrieve your weapon. Killing an enemy with a thrown attack would ragdoll them and pin them to a wall like the bows and Boltor do.

Second is the rope dart. If you don't know what it is, you should look it up. I want this weapon simpley because it the fighting style is awesome. I picture one attack making it so your tenno harpoons an enemy and drags them in closer. This would be a fun utility. Plus, i want to stick grineer scorpions and infested ancients, then drag them around every corner of the map for a change.

Opinions? If these weapons interest anybody else, please plus one it. Hopefully DE will notice and take interest.

Edited by (PS4)gutbrucer

On the subject of throwable spears, I'd love to use javelins in the game. My Boltor prime's ragdolling is getting a bit stale.

Heck, why not throw our axes too. Imagine heaving an entire Scindo prime and watching it spiral into your target's head.

Edited by Fat_Nom

I'd like a lance.

Something that can be thrusted like a spear in most situations, but can also be used while sprinting to impale enemies onto it. Really strong against a single target, but weak against groups.

And a halberd would be nice as well. Long, sweeping axe swings and thrusts that do either slash or puncture damage depending on combos.

I'd like a rapier and a katar.

katar

Ornamental_katar.jpg

Yeaaah lemme Voldo these foes... :D

I'd like a lance.

Something that can be thrusted like a spear in most situations, but can also be used while sprinting to impale enemies onto it. Really strong against a single target, but weak against groups.

And a halberd would be nice as well. Long, sweeping axe swings and thrusts that do either slash or puncture damage depending on combos.

This idea, in bold, is a pretty solid idea man.

Edited by unknow99

I would also like a spear, but also maybe, a scimitar. The oriental blade was famed for its slicing abilities when horse riding. The curved blade wouldn't get stuck in a body like a normal stabbing sword would, and to top it off, they were actually lightweight.

Since Tennos gotta go fast, it would be fitting, to some point :3