Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seems Like The Tenno Do, In Fact, Speak Normally And Even Make Jokes

Kethus

At first I didn't believe the people who said the rescue targets were tenno until I saw an alert that said "TENNO OPERATIVE LOCATED" and even in this mission said operative was able to speak quite well. There are also the implications that the Operator complains about the lack of seats in the liset, and this line from Ordis, where I'm not sure who is Ordis refering to, the Operator or himself:

"Everything in Ordis, Operator? Is that a pun?! Hmm... I will attempt to bypass this fault."

So did I get it right? Or my English failed me? If I got it right do you find it immersion breaking that tenno joke like that?

At first I didn't believe the people who said the rescue targets were tenno until I saw an alert that said "TENNO OPERATIVE LOCATED" and even in this mission said operative was able to speak quite well. There are also the implications that the Operator complains about the lack of seats in the liset, and this line from Ordis, where I'm not sure who is Ordis refering to, the Operator or himself:

"Everything in Ordis, Operator? Is that a pun?! Hmm... I will attempt to bypass this fault."

So did I get it right? Or my English failed me? If I got it right do you find it immersion breaking that tenno joke like that?

First your English is pretty good :).  Secondly a Operative is not necessarily a Tenno.  Tenno Operative is just someone who does work for us.  Maybe they were a spy that got caught or were someone who fed us information and just got sideways with whoever was holding them captive and we were freeing them for the help they had provided.

Guys, if you go to the Sanctuary, You are able to talk to Samaris, and even ask him question. The Tenno do in fact speak but its like games like KOTOR, and DAO, you pick conversation choices. But you never hear your character actually speak.

OK, I got the operative thing, thanks for explaining.

Ordis said there were no seats. He said "are you comfortable" followed by "there doesn't seem to be seats".

I dunno which part of that implies that the tenno was talking.

Well doesn't "there doesn't seem to be seats" sound like an answer to something said after "are you comfortable"?

tenno can't exist outside a frame.

That could have been a non-combat frame (with occasionally a synthetic face).

Guys, if you go to the Sanctuary, You are able to talk to Samaris, and even ask him question. The Tenno do in fact speak but its like games like KOTOR, and DAO, you pick conversation choices. But you never hear your character actually speak.

Tenno don't speak through their mouths, but we can communicate through messages, so think of it as some sort of data[word] transfer to other NPCs in order to interact with them.

Oh right, true xD Tenno can speak.

Steve himself said that the reason the Tenno don't speak ingame is because DE doesn't want to ruin that feeling of "us being the Tenno" that we get, and doesn't want to make it feel like a forced character. Pretty much the same reason we don't ever see Tenno faces. 

They aren't tenno, they are tenno operatives, as in allies to the tenno, tenno can't exist outside a frame.

Who says Tenno can't exist outside a frame?

Edited by Jahadaya

Guys we know the teno can speak *points to stalker*

We don't know if the stalker is a tenno.

btw nobody said anything about the pun, was it Ordis' or the Operator's? What does it mean to bypass this fault?

I took that to be a lame pun or a slip of the virtual tongue.   As in "Is Everthing in order, Operator?"  but goofing up and saying Ordis.  Like he accidentally punned himself so he has to bypass yet another one of his faults.