The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Integrate Archwing Into Normal (Real) Missions.

(PSN)Snowbluff

... I don't understand this thread... I mean... I don't understand ...

What does op mean?

This happens a lot with nova prime avatar users with low posts.

Just smile and pretend you understand what they're saying.

Archwing can't get better if it keeps getting ignored. It NEEDS to be updated, and this idea is a great way to do so.

Getting more attention does NOT require Archwing to be forcefully integrated into all normal missions. Being integrated into some normal missions isn't a requirement for it getting updated either. DE can focus on archwing without being required to throw archwing into regular missions.

Getting more attention does NOT require Archwing to be forcefully integrated into all normal missions. Being integrated into some normal missions isn't a requirement for it getting updated either. DE can focus on archwing without being required to throw archwing into regular missions.

And it wont be integrated into all normal missions, hell the fact that Uranus is getting updated before Sharkwing's released says that it wont even be a part of all missions in that (which is sad, imo).

People have been demanding this transition ever since Archwing was released. Why? Because it is FREAKIN' COOL and would be hella fun!

I'm not saying that it IS a requirement, and I still say that they need to focus at least a straight 3-5 updates on Archwing only, I'm only saying that it would help - because that means more variety in the missions, that means more fun. 

And more fun means more players buy into it, and more money for DE means more for it.

It's at where Warframe started, only its having to compete with seven other things at a time for attention and dev resources.

There's no reason fro AW to not be integrated into normal mission as it opens the floodgates for new ideas and gameplay.At this point AW needs some definite polish but down the road it has to be integrated into the main game so it doesn't seem like a side mission or something separate entirely like pvp.

There's no reason fro AW to not be integrated into normal mission as it opens the floodgates for new ideas and gameplay.At this point AW needs some definite polish but down the road it has to be integrated into the main game so it doesn't seem like a side mission or something separate entirely like pvp.

The reason is mission diversity and player options. That's the reason. The same way PvP shouldn't be integrated into all PvE missions.

And it wont be integrated into all normal missions, hell the fact that Uranus is getting updated before Sharkwing's released says that it wont even be a part of all missions in that (which is sad, imo).

People have been demanding this transition ever since Archwing was released. Why? Because it is FREAKIN' COOL and would be hella fun!

I'm not saying that it IS a requirement, and I still say that they need to focus at least a straight 3-5 updates on Archwing only, I'm only saying that it would help - because that means more variety in the missions, that means more fun. 

And more fun means more players buy into it, and more money for DE means more for it.

It's at where Warframe started, only its having to compete with seven other things at a time for attention and dev resources.

I think you need to remember that "FREAKIN' COOL" and "fun" are subjective opinions and not objective facts. I am all for there being dual Archwing - non-Archwing missions. Just not being integrated into ALL of them. That's all.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

The reason is mission diversity and player options. That's the reason. The same way PvP shouldn't be integrated into all PvE missions.

That's the keyword, all. I never said it should be integrated into all (though I, personally, wouldn't be against the idea of a Archwing planet). cozzi never said it should be integrated into all. Only some, only here and there.

It would be AWESOME.

I think you need to remember that "FREAKIN' COOL" and "fun" are subjective opinions and not objective facts. I am all for there being dual Archwing - non-Archwing missions. Just not being integrated into ALL of them. That's all.

I never disagreed with that.

Edited by Morec0

How is completing a normal mission and then immidiately taking off into space to do an archwing mission any different from completing a normal mission and then starting an archwing mission from the Liset normally?

If this becomes a thing, it will get boring really quickly (edit: in fact, it will become tedious). Can't you see it?

Edited by Iapetus

That's the keyword, all. I never said it should be integrated into all (though I, personally, wouldn't be against the idea of a Archwing planet). cozzi never said it should be integrated into all. Only some, only here and there.

It would be AWESOME.

I never disagreed with that.

Then we're in agreement.

As for Uranus, isn't it a gas planet? Aren't Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all gas planets?

Then we're in agreement.

As for Uranus, isn't it a gas planet? Aren't Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all gas planets?

Uranus' is an "ice giant" with speculation about there being a sea of ammonia (or even liquid diamond) beneath ice crystal-filled atmosphere. But DE seems to be taking a little artistic liberties to give it a more Kamino-looking setting (I'm not happy about it, but I wont judge them for doing so. It's there game, it's their fiction. If Jupiter rising can have a civilization of people living under Jupiter's clouds, why can't Uranus have a regular ocean?)

Exterminate going between ships. Crossover and Crossfire in space. Just like Archwing Quest. - Fomormians. Maybe background lol

Water reclaimation and minor terraforming on asteroids? Exterminate to Sabotage to Capture etc alternating AW/WF etc.

Enemy based on planet as usual.

Uranus' is an "ice giant" with speculation about there being a sea of ammonia (or even liquid diamond) beneath ice crystal-filled atmosphere. But DE seems to be taking a little artistic liberties to give it a more Kamino-looking setting (I'm not happy about it, but I wont judge them for doing so. It's there game, it's their fiction. If Jupiter rising can have a civilization of people living under Jupiter's clouds, why can't Uranus have a regular ocean?)

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Archwing mod is the least of your worry. They are really easy to get. If you farm for any weapon or archwing, you would have most of the important mod long before you complete a set. The drop rate is really high. Getting archwing part is the hardest grind ever

Archwing mod is the least of your worry. They are really easy to get. If you farm for any weapon or archwing, you would have most of the important mod long before you complete a set. The drop rate is really high. Getting archwing part is the hardest grind ever

See, a lot of people tell me this, but I usually wind up walking away from the majority of archwing missions with absolutely no mod drops.

I actually agree with the op in this, at first I was pretty avid about archwing being tied into missions but with the realization it means I would have to play archwing or risk failure makes it entirely undesirable. of course if de can ever get around the current situation of archwing being essentially it's own game, i'd be back on board, but until such I'm really not in the mood to play two games for the sake of one. 

edit: this thread seems more about not being forced to play a mode one doens't enjoy, not forcing people who enjoy it not to play it (i mean if you like archwing the nodes are there, if you add it to regular missions then the other team doesn't really get that choice)

Edited by Cubewano

See, a lot of people tell me this, but I usually wind up walking away from the majority of archwing missions with absolutely no mod drops.

This is how I feel. Most other things have been a breeze.

I actually agree with the op in this, at first I was pretty avid about archwing being tied into missions but with the realization it means I would have to play archwing or risk failure makes it entirely undesirable. of course if de can ever get around the current situation of archwing being essentially it's own game, i'd be back on board, but until such I'm really not in the mood to play two games for the sake of one. 

edit: this thread seems more about not being forced to play a mode one doens't enjoy, not forcing people who enjoy it not to play it (i mean if you like archwing the nodes are there, if you add it to regular missions then the other team doesn't really get that choice)

Kind of. My archwing experience has been extremely hindered by lack of mods. I just get trashed at higher levels. Even worse, I don't have those last two pips on my Serration mod finished. I don't have the resources to level a whole set of mods for my archwing. If I am forced to ranked my nonexistent archwing mods up, I'd be screwed. If I could just use my old mods (leveling these IS the endgame), I'd have a much easier time accepting archwing as a part of the game.

I'm just happy people are talking about it. Reasonable discourse has been achieved, and my hope in this community has been bolstered.

Edited by (PS4)Snowbluff

Wow, it's like you're woefully under prepared and being punished for it. Man its a good thing you can go to Ceres, Kiste with all level 0 gear and solo it. /sarcasm

@ the post above me, you've never been to Caelus have you.

Edited by LuxLo

^ Listen to this kid.

The time it took to get dual decurions and velocitus parts or fluctus.

I was already swimming in mods.

And was pre-nerf Caelus.

Edited by fatpig84

Like this for example. "It's your fault this add on didn't interest you and you're being punished for your apathy." Nonsense. I can kill Stalker because the Warframe that I liked got the attention I enjoyed spending on it. I do not wish to spend that much effort on a minigame, regardless of my own enjoyment. If I want to play pew pew minigun, I'll fly around Mercury.

I've tried farming for the mods, and my effort was absolutely wasted. I refuse to waste my platinum on archwing mods, because I might as well just buy the Limbo. I frequently work with a large clan and I perpetually play the game with a friend of mine. Since I am rarely incentivized to use my Archwing, and he has no love for it, so we were not able to triumph. After several hours we were not able to beat the mission and we were not able to farm useful mods from lower level interceptions. I've been thrown to the wolves by RNG, and I wouldn't have gotten anything of value even if I had succeeded.

Honestly, having optional integration sounds like a wise move, as long as it doesn't bar me from any more equipment. Unfortunately, DE has already set a precedent. If they were perfect, you wouldn't see me posting.

it's called preparing for the worse or unexpected. J3 Golem is nearing, an Archwing-mission boss. I better not be one of those who will complain... or post feedback-ish complaints, like J3 should've been a monstrous ground unit like Lephantis, or Archwing being too difficult for them, and they can't finish it and they can't get the items that might be exclusively dropped from it.

I've solo-farm almost 90% of my AW missions to get the mods and stuffs. And the Ogma Elite Tactical Alert helped so many people grinding because those units gave out huge affinity points.

It's ok. It's fine by me if you don't feel grinding for at least an hour getting stuffs, even just for Odonata and Veritux. I've taken in account that some people are impatient, lazy, or have no time at all because of prime parts, ducats and legendary mods; and because of silly RNG this game has.

Also, you already said you are in a huge clan but why are you only sticking to your friend? What's the point of clan and alliance if you're only relying with a friend? Invite other people, then.

Archwing "hater"

Whenever I do heard that words I always assuming that they're noobs

I'm sorry for my rudeness,but...

there's a lot of players having hard time playing archwing and then they never tried again just because it's too hard in their mindset and in the and all they do is crying in the forum

It's so laughable imo