Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Anyone Else Want A Female Ash?

Mesyra

I really dont know why, but every time I see Ash I want him to be a she.

the whole design to me seems like it would be better as a female frame.

and we DO need a female invisibility frame ;)

thoughts? would Ash still be your favourite frame if He was a She?

If you didn't know it, Ash was originally designed to be a female warframe. Then, when DE first chose the male version, Ash was called Smoke, but then, they changed his name to the actual one. Check Wiki for + info.  And yeah, Ash's head looks like the little heady alien from Half-Life.

Edited by Restartmind111

For me it's a two-part answer on this thought;

Initially, assuming you purely mean an alternate aesthetic frame added who is identical in all ways to Ash currently

That one gets a total no from me.  I've always been against the notion of just having 2x the amount of stuff purely to have alternate gender variations of everything.  That being said I have seen the female Ash concept floating around, and it did look quite well in that regard.

Secondarily, assuming you mean a female "offensive assassin" who plays to the same thematic role as Ash.  Like Loki/Mirage in terms thematic of relation.

That one I say absolutely yes.  I have always liked the idea of having multiple frames within a given theme for added variety.  Having them be alternate genders is nice too since it's something a lot of players want to have access to with personal preference choices and all.

As a final note;  Ash isn't my favorite Warframe.  Regardless of gender changes he'd stay where he is right now, as the frame I despise playing as more than any other.  Of course I don't think Ash is bad or anything.  Just doesn't suit my enjoyed playstyle.

Edited by Bobtm

I really dont know why, but every time I see Ash I want him to be a she.

the whole design to me seems like it would be better as a female frame.

and we DO need a female invisibility frame ;)

thoughts? would Ash still be your favourite frame if He was a She?

...idk, you could dress him up in pink.... or..., maybe you  just need to change your "preference." LOL

Many "Free to play" games make tons of money on cosmetic options.

Warframe is one such game.  A bodies sex is a pretty major cosmetic choice.

It is a pretty hefty work load to add such an option and would still have to be sold at a reasonable price.

The question is -> Would it be lucrative for DE to do it?

The answer is-> We don't really know.

Personally I buy tons of cosmetics in Warframe so I am sure I'd buy alternate sex's for all the frames.

That's just me....who knows what most folks would do.

It is a pretty hefty work load to add such an option and would still have to be sold at a reasonable price.

Personally I buy tons of cosmetics in Warframe so I am sure I'd buy alternate sex's for all the frames.

This comes down to resource allocation and demand: old frames redone vs newer frames or enough resources for both? And is there enough demand to make it profitable? Assuming it meshes with lore as well...

...idk, you could dress him up in pink.... or..., maybe you  just need to change your "preference." LOL

a change in preference is not needed.

and pink wouldnt do anything, the old concept art people are posting seems like it would just be better imho.

if anything we need a female frame with some real stealth mechanics, banshee is nice and all but her stealth doesnt work good enough for enemies with... well eyeballs.

Kinda wish I could have female Ash as a buy-able skin/model that is similar to the old concept art.

This.

Adding alternate-gender skins in general would be a pretty nice addition to our cosmetics selection, and I'm certain that there would be loads of people willing to buy them.

i would pay to change the genre models of my warframes usually i find the skills sets of female warframes much more fun,i dont like to play with the stereoptical brutessh male of most games,normaly female characters have unusual  ways to play when theyr are'nt supports or archers in rpg games,a simple  research on the forum or a test with only one warframe in the store should be enough.

Every  topic with the sugestion of new oposite genres models is created he became a hot topic,so is very pobable that a lot of players whould play for this cosmetic service in the store.

Edited by RX3_Zero

• 2 months later...