Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: The Flawless Spies!

[DE]Megan

nice idea, but unfair to players that dont have a full squad that is playing well together -.-

with atleat one partner it would be ok, but with 3? all the hate thats going to be created is insane, i skip this for sure, no need to screw up the few friends i was able to make (that dont speed run every S#&$ and try to set new records in how fast they can die)

not for 750 plat, not worth it

Hey DE. You realise nobody posted a submission for a reason?

I'm suspicious the full squad thing is a late April fools, time zones eh?

Oh... Wait...

Would've been all over it but the 50 friends I have are absolutely incapable of even saying stealth.

Like, I LOVE stealth and I call myself a ninja but I don't EVER think DE tried Spy with pugs/noisy friends.

Edited by NightshadeRB

I love how nobody is getting on this action. I love Spy... so I might just do it with my one stealth-competent friend and post a two-person submission. If they DQ it, fine. But if they don't change that ONE single rule, they won't get any takers. I just spent two hours trying to get a half-way decent run with that friend and a couple of randoms. It did not go well. EDIT: I just checked the time-stamp on my earlier post. Closer to three hours. Bugger.

In fact, it went so badly that I will never run spy with randoms again. It is an exercise in futility. Impossibru.

THIS IS MADNESS.

I feel like we should be friends

I feel like I should be included in this friendship. Stealth games ftw.

Edited by Siubijeni

You guys are mission one point, "team spirit & team co-ordination". Warframe is focusing on how teams will react to problems and try to solve them together. That is what the Tenno Brotherhood is about. We haven't seen the tip of the ice-berg for this game yet and lot more things to come in future. You must stop thinking individually and start thinking like a hive mind, no matter what your numbers are. So what is wrong with having a 4th in a spy mission, if you are a good squad who understand each other or capable of leading a bunch of random players you can always find ways to use each others skills. Yea, you might fail but hey, you don't learn to walk unless you have fallen a few times. Believe in yourself Tennos, cuz gaming can also have great effects in real life too.

You guys are mission one point, "team spirit & team co-ordination". Warframe is focusing on how teams will react to problems and try to solve them together. That is what the Tenno Brotherhood is about. We haven't seen the tip of the ice-berg for this game yet and lot more things to come in future. You must stop thinking individually and start thinking like a hive mind, no matter what your numbers are. So what is wrong with having a 4th in a spy mission, if you are a good squad who understand each other or capable of leading a bunch of random players you can always find ways to use each others skills. Yea, you might fail but hey, you don't learn to walk unless you have fallen a few times. Believe in yourself Tennos, cuz gaming can also have great effects in real life too.

...and then the random walks through lasers in the vault. Or attacks a Sensor Regulator. Or brings the whole world down on us by shooting willy-nilly at a nullifiers shield. Or goes out of their way to bring down a nullifier in the opposite direction of the waypoint, and gets spotted in the process. Or fires a whole clip into a camera--or rather, where the camera used to be. Need I go on?

Bringing an opticor because "it charges like Paris, so it should be silent." Bringing Ash and cloaking the whole team (while the recording player was right next to him), because "no one will know."

Yes. All of these happened to me. And more. In a three-hour period. The Tenno are in a sorry state, and most definitely not ninjas. In space, or otherwise.

Edited by Siubijeni

THIS IS MADNESS.

I solo all the vault with Rhino equip only with a dagger because at some point using Loki has become too easy and an insult to my ability as spy.

The only possible way for a full squad to pull this off would be convincing my other 3 teammate to sit out side of the vault while doing Corpus Spy mission because that way I wont have to deal with friendship elevator.

Yes I would rather run through that laser corridor than joining a team on spy mission.

But without that full squad rule DE would be flooded with submission right now.

Edited by Re4nimated

Wow.

So, has anyone else played Styx: Master of Shadows ?

I can solo every single vault I've come across, 100% undetected, in my Excal frame. Why?

Because I'm a cautious sonuvab****, that's why.

(Also, I played through all 3 Crysis games, operating in Stealth mode at least 80% of the time.)

I've got practice doing stealth.

Random pubbies do not. They will fire-off non-silenced guns inside a vault.

THIS IS MADNESS.

I like stealth and while I play with pubs speedrunning everything, if someone in my squad tells me to go stealth, I'll totally do it. Even if they don't say anything but I see someone acting stealthy I play along because I like Warframe that way :) I have no issues with speedruns either though.

But without that full squad rule DE would be flooded with submission right now.

Maybe if solo was allowed. I could see that. Solo would be too easy, honestly. But a full squad is well without the realm of reasonable possibility. The requirement should be 2+, that's all I'm asking.

Just one question about this that I don't think I've seen anyone ask: if I bring a Shade sentinel without the Ghost precept equipped, so that it couldn't cloak me, that would be within the rules of the contest, right?

I think so. It doesn't say Loki, Ash, Ghost, or Huras are disallowed--just invisibility is outlawed. If you remove the ability to cloak from them, it should be legal.

Edited by Siubijeni

most interesting video to me would be 1 guy kill themselves right off go spectator mode then record the other 3 soloing all the vaults at the same time.

Dude, THIS is the best idea I've heard for this EVER.

Everybody should just do THIS. The actual contest is impossible anyway, as everyone (and the responses) clearly knows already that finding a random full team is not rare, but as likely as receiving a signed book on magic written by the loch ness sea monster delivered to you by men in black. Oh, and you were riding a unicorn in the floating sky park on pandora when you got it.

So, anyone up for Kickstarter to raise our own 750p for a contest where watching the winning team would be AWESOME?...

...and then the random walks through lasers in the vault. Or attacks a Sensor Regulator. Or brings the whole world down on us by shooting willy-nilly at a nullifiers shield. Or goes out of their way to bring down a nullifier in the opposite direction of the waypoint, and gets spotted in the process. Or fires a whole clip into a camera--or rather, where the camera used to be. Need I go on?

Bringing an opticor because "it charges like Paris, so it should be silent." Bringing Ash and cloaking the whole team (while the recording player was right next to him), because "no one will know."

Yes. All of these happened to me. And more. In a three-hour period. The Tenno are in a sorry state, and most definitely not ninjas. In space, or otherwise.

Also, This.