Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Kinds Of Players

There are 4 types of players in this game. 

1) Noobs. Run around killing things at random, triggering air bottles early etc.

2) Kill @#&*(s. Nothing matters but the kills. Run around killing everything, usually before the other players even get a look in. First to extraction usually too.

3) Loot Runners. These are players for whom the game is about maximising loot. For them they focus on warframe builds that maximise loot drops, so they can be used for buying blueprints and crafting new weapons. 

You can also add this set as well, to ensure the full spectrum is covered, but these are quite rare

4) Completionists. These are those who focus on mastery rank. 

I am a 3.

So the next time you see a Hydroid rank 30 with a Cephalon Suda sigil, trying to place their tentacles in a way to maximise kills, dont shoot the mobs running into those tentacles.

What I / We are trying to do is maximise loot drops THAT YOU ALL SHARE IN.

You know when you see that big pile of mods, ammo, credits and resources that are piled up after the tentacles dissapear - well the fairies did not drop them.

PILFERING SWARM DID !

So please, if you have a Hydroid on your team, whose tentacles vanish and leave behind a massive pile of loot for you to gather up, then dont be a greedy little kill@#&*( and kill the mobs near the tentacles,

Just let the mobs run into the tentacles, whilst you buzz off and kill mobs elsewhere on the maps.

K.

Thanks. 

Edited by (PS4)thehoocodfather

I usually categorize people into three types. Casuals, Moderates, and Elites. Those who play for fun, those who care and invest their time a bit more than casuals, those who care so much that they will play until their eyes bleed and their fingers fall off. All of which gives people degrees of difficulty and well, there are a lot of moderates who want to be elite, most of the elite just don't look at the forums, they just play to win. ALL GAMES!!!!

I usually categorize people into three types. Casuals, Moderates, and Elites. Those who play for fun, those who care and invest their time a bit more than casuals, those who care so much that they will play until their eyes bleed and their fingers fall off. All of which gives people degrees of difficulty and well, there are a lot of moderates who want to be elite, most of the elite just don't look at the forums, they just play to win. ALL GAMES!!!!

Yeah, those classes work too.

But the Loot / Kills / Rank sets also apply.

OP, if they didn't listen when you told them this in game, chances are this forum post won't really change much.

If uncooperative players bothers you too much, just pick your parties. Group up with people you know aren't terrible.

5.) People who will be act negatively regardless of your action, you can't please them.

6.) the passive agressive: will contribute nothing to the team if his/her strategy is not utilised or find meaningless reason and will go any length to prove it.

7.) The MLGNOSCOPE360 crowd: they will criticize your every move despite performing your duty to the letter and usually brag about damage dealt/kills.

8. The afkers.

Edited by Morgax

Yeah, those classes work too.

But the Loot / Kills / Rank sets also apply.

Not really, because the measurement that is perceived here is not accurate to the skill or even the amount of types of players and play-styles, for example I could go afk and i'm consider and afker that is considered a play style... : / I could also be a super hard-core ultra killer where again, I would try my best to steal every kill possible for my team mates, and kill to death ratio matters. Like, no matter what Loot/Kills/Rank have nothing to do with actual people's play-style those three things that you have described goes back to objectives and tactics of what you find entertaining in a game. Compared to "THE TYPES OF PLAYERS."

There are as many types of gamers as there are types of people, imo.

On your actual issue:

Pilfering Swarm is an awesome augment and I am glad it got added. But if you want to use it to it's fullest, you will need to form a group who plan to work to support it's use.

Absent that, you will need to roll solo with it...

Expecting a pug to respect the Hydroid using Pilfering Swarm's wishes at the expense of their own fun is asking for a let down.

Even if it's in those players best interests to let PS do all the work.

There are 4 types of players in this game. 

1) Noobs. Run around killing things at random, triggering air bottles early etc.

2) Kill @#&*(s. Nothing matters but the kills. Run around killing everything, usually before the other players even get a look in. First to extraction usually too.

3) Loot Runners. These are players for whom the game is about maximising loot. For them they focus on warframe builds that maximise loot drops, so they can be used for buying blueprints and crafting new weapons. 

You can also add this set as well, to ensure the full spectrum is covered, but these are quite rare

4) Completionists. These are those who focus on mastery rank. 

I am a 3.

So the next time you see a Hydroid rank 30 with a Cephalon Suda sigil, trying to place their tentacles in a way to maximise kills, dont shoot the mobs running into those tentacles.

What I / We are trying to do is maximise loot drops THAT YOU ALL SHARE IN.

You know when you see that big pile of mods, ammo, credits and resources that are piled up after the tentacles dissapear - well the fairies did not drop them.

PILFERING SWARM DID !

So please, if you have a Hydroid on your team, whose tentacles vanish and leave behind a massive pile of loot for you to gather up, then dont be a greedy little kill@#&*( and kill the mobs near the tentacles,

Just let the mobs run into the tentacles, whilst you buzz off and kill mobs elsewhere on the maps.

K.

Thanks. 

Alright I guess I apply to 5. A founder that is independent and gives atleast 5 frost, mag, ember, prime sets away like it's candy to new players. Does loot farm, hosts raids, teaches new players, and helps everyone he can ingame. Sounds about right?